Best Time To Be A Bond Fan?

ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
in Bond Movies Posts: 1,984
Just curious - when do you guys think the time was best to be a Bond fan? Was it when cinematic Bond was newly born in the 60's, because it was unquestionably the greatest of its class in that time? Or is it now, when we have all the forums and 50 years of Bond to compare with?

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Now is a pretty good time, if you ask me.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I think when you're alive. See, it's not much fun beeing a dead fan. I say this becouse for me it's just a fun part of my life. There's a lot of things to enjoy and personally, that's probably been the way since the start of the moies, perhaps even since the first books became popular. There's fun in finding nuggets when there's little info about, and it's fun if there's plenty of info and gimmicks to relish in. The one isn't compareable to the other.

I think when you're alive. See, it's not much fun beeing a dead fan. I say this becouse for me it's just a fun part of my life. There's a lot of things to enjoy and personally, that's probably been the way since the start of the moies, perhaps even since the first books became popular. There's fun in finding nuggets when there's little info about, and it's fun if there's plenty of info and gimmicks to relish in. The one isn't compareable to the other.

That's what I'm saying, it wouldn't be much fun being back in the early sixties for me, I wouldn't have been born for another 3 decades.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    and now.

Just realised that approximately every 10 years the Bond franchise hits an high!

1987 TLD
    1995 GE
    2006 CR
    2015 SP

in that case the next great Bond movie will be out in 2026 (Bond 27)
    Bond 25 will probably be something good like TND or QOS and Bond 26 will probably be a boring dreary one like TWINE or SF.
    and now.

Just realised that approximately every 10 years the Bond franchise hits an high!

1987 TLD
    1995 GE
    2006 CR
    2015 SP

Bond 25 will probably be something good like TND or QOS and Bond 26 will probably be a boring dreary one like TWINE or SF.

You forgot 1977 and 1969! ;)
    and now.

1987 TLD
    1995 GE
    2006 CR
    2015 SP

You forgot 1977 and 1969! ;)

I listed only the Bond movies I experienced :) I was born in 1974 and TSWLM wasn't on my mother's short list of movies to show me ;)
    Of course you are right nonetheless. 1969 and 1977 would be on that list as well :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Everyday is the best time to be a Bond fan. :D
    Murdock wrote: »
    Everyday is the best time to be a Bond fan. :D

Seconded!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,586
    Even November 20th, 2002? ;)
    jake24 wrote: »
    Even November 20th, 2002? ;)

YES :D
    It was universally liked back then ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Only because of what it followed I believe. Anything would be looked upon with relief, even if mistakenly, after 1999.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Only because of what it followed I believe. Anything would be looked upon with relief, even if mistakenly, after 1999.

:)) YES probably true
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't know what it is about TWINE that I find so intriguing. I'm off to watch it right now.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The best time to be a Bond fan is NOW because WE have the most movies!
    Of course, this is a time-bending post as it means more with each film that is produced & released... :-?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It depends what you're looking for. If you were into Bondmania, the early to late '60s.

Personally, I was a Bondmaniac in the early 70's & again in the mid 90's.
    Now I'm merely a rabid fan.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,548
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The best time to be a Bond fan is NOW because WE have the most movies!
    Of course, this is a time-bending post as it means more with each film that is produced & released... :-?

My thoughts exactly.

And they are available in all kinds of formats.
    Tomorrow and the day after, I feel blessed I have had over three decades of enjoying everything Bond related. As time passes you have the benefit of rediscovering aspects of Bond, viewing the films differently also and remembering attached memories to each and every film. Bond is unique in that it is like a chronicle of ones life, as each film represents a period in each of our lives.
    A personal best time would be when one summer when I was 11 I had about 10 Bond movies that I had never seen before to watch one after another - will never happen again.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Id say now with the 50 years of the franchise and being able to discuss everything Bond related in this forums and meeting many other fans like us
    As somebody that was born in the year of Fleming's CR and who has followed the story ever since, I have to say utterly and unequivocally that it was '62 to '65.
    We had the best cinematic Bond (Connery), the best movies and the whole incarnation was relatively close to the literary Bond.
    We were in Bond heaven. It was new, different and better. Never repeated.
    For me, with hindsight being what it is, I'd say the 80s. It was the decade that saw four of my top 10 films released (LTK, TLD, FYEO, OP) and even the low point of the decade, AVTAK, isn't anywhere near as bad as the lowpoints of any of the other decades.