Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I never got my hands on the "other" version of QoS, just the 360 one (loved the online). I actually had no idea there was an entirely separate version of the game until someone mentioned it on the forums a year or so back.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I never got my hands on the "other" version of QoS, just the 360 one (loved the online). I actually had no idea there was an entirely separate version of the game until someone mentioned it on the forums a year or so back.
    I found out about it around 2009 or 2010. Can't remember exactly. But, I was psyched once I explored there was another version of QoS, just like me finding out about a different Nightfire game that was the PS2 version, as I grew up with the PC version and thought the other platforms had the same version.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Definitely, Creasy! And that's just the least of the problems. The weapon designs in their entirely are as if they have been derived from a 1998 video game engine. Another example I'll put forward, which is a picture of Bond's P99. And here's a picture of Bond's P99 from Everything or Nothing for instance. Look at the details. And that's only four years between the two titles.

Qos PS2 wasnt made on an EoN budget, and was (development wise) low priority over the ps3 / xbox versions.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Definitely, Creasy! And that's just the least of the problems. The weapon designs in their entirely are as if they have been derived from a 1998 video game engine. Another example I'll put forward, which is a picture of Bond's P99. And here's a picture of Bond's P99 from Everything or Nothing for instance. Look at the details. And that's only four years between the two titles.

Qos PS2 wasnt made on an EoN budget, and was (development wise) low priority over the ps3 / xbox versions.
    It didn't have to be. There are many low budget games released in the same year that were a lot better graphics/textures-wise than QoS PS2. Still, it stands out as the better game than its high priority counterpart.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    God I adore QoS on the PS2. Back in the day I played that game until the disc got covered in scratches.
    Here's an example as I pointed out. Look at the trigger guard, the face, the build of the textures, etc.
    That trigger guard would cut your finger clean off!
    God I adore QoS on the PS2. Back in the day I played that game until the disc got covered in scratches.
    yep that's one of the few times where PS2 beats PS3. QOS was a poor Call of Duty clone on PS3, but more in the vein of Everything or Nothing on PS2. I still pop that one in every now and then!

This was the man who brought a totally separate version of QoS to my attention. I'd love to get my hands on it.

This was the man who brought a totally separate version of QoS to my attention. I'd love to get my hands on it.
    Brady? Well, the chap definitely has a good taste in choosing the right video games as well as comic books.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Man! You're right! I don't have the eye for detail in graphics that some people do. The difference is huge.

Man! You're right! I don't have the eye for detail in graphics that some people do. The difference is huge.
    And that's supposed to be Olga Kurylenko... :))

At least, Medrano is recognizable.
    Medrano lost a great deal of weight during his movie-to-game adaptation!
    Medrano lost a great deal of weight during his movie-to-game adaptation!
    It's amazing what can you do with technology, these days. ;)
    ...aaaaand now I'm reminded that I never did beat QoS on PS2. Got up until the very end and just couldn't shoot/kill Medrano no matter how many times I tried.
    I hate leaving games unbeaten, but it just seemed impossible.
    jackdagger wrote: »
    ...aaaaand now I'm reminded that I never did beat QoS on PS2. Got up until the very end and just couldn't shoot/kill Medrano no matter how many times I tried.
    You managed to defeat Elvis and Greene in a pack, but not Medrano? I'd lose sleep over it, to tell you the truth! :))
    Seriously, I feel like such a failure. :))
    If I remember correctly, you have to shoot him while he's running to the helicopter, and you have a very short window to do it in. And no matter how good my aim is, I never seem to get it right.
    Seriously, I feel like such a failure. :))
    If I remember correctly, you have to shoot him while he's running to the helicopter, and you have a very short window to do it in. And no matter how good my aim is, I never seem to get it right.
    Sorry about that, old chap. Better luck next time. :))

Yes, that's exactly how you get to defeat Medrano. You would be needing an assault rifle if you'd like to shoot him in the torso and full magazine. But, if you aim at his head good enough, it should get him easily.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2016 Posts: 28,694

I think you'd really like it, @Creasy47. Now I'm itching to play it, but all my PS2 controllers are wonky, and the analog sticks aren't super responsive.

I can still vividly picture massive parts of each of the levels, down to the rooms and all the routes you can take in each section better than most of my favorite games. Something about that game has really stuck with me all this time. I'd love to see all the Bond games get remastered, especially QoS for the PS2.

As I later did with Blood Stone, I'd constantly restart parts of the levels if I didn't feel I was being Bond enough, taking out guys the way the man would to reach my objectives. And I do the same thing with Batman Arkham games as well. If the end of my cape is even glanced in a predator encounter, back to the beginning we go.

Brady? Well, the chap definitely has a good taste in choosing the right video games as well as comic books.
    Cheers, my friend! Ditto to you. :)>-

@jackdagger, I think I used the shotgun as a secondary weapon to get Medrano at the end there. Just a couple of blasts at a decent distance and he was a gonner.
    I didn't have a lot of ammo at the end there, but I think I had some shotgun shells and a pistol.

Maybe one of these days I'll dust off my PS2 and try again.

There's an older Bond game (I'm assuming it's 'Nightfire') that I could never, ever beat. It was the one that ends with you in space, fighting the final boss, and it always got the best of me as a kid.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423

There's an older Bond game (I'm assuming it's 'Nightfire') that I could never, ever beat. It was the one that ends with you in space, fighting the final boss, and it always got the best of me as a kid.
    The PS2 version of Nightfire did have a very hard level to beat in the outer space, and I personally very much prefer the PC version's finale when you actually are in a space shuttle attacking Drake's base, and not just floating in the middle of nowhere with no gravity on. I'm an expert when it comes to the PC version of Nightfire as I probably beat that game more than anyone else on this planet has ever done. I've got to tell you that.
    I never played the PC version of it, just the one on the PS2. I remember loving it a lot, but that mission had me stumped as a kid. Same thing with 'Perfect Dark' on the N64: I could NEVER beat the final mission that took place in those alien ruins, so about a decade later, they re-released a remastered version, of sorts, on the Xbox 360, and you don't know how happy I was, after all that time, to finally be able to return to it and complete it.
    I never played the PC version of it, just the one on the PS2. I remember loving it a lot, but that mission had me stumped as a kid. Same thing with 'Perfect Dark' on the N64: I could NEVER beat the final mission that took place in those alien ruins, so about a decade later, they re-released a remastered version, of sorts, on the Xbox 360, and you don't know how happy I was, after all that time, to finally be able to return to it and complete it.
    We're not so different... You and I...
    Glad I'm not the only one. Oddly enough, when I was much younger, I simply couldn't get past that mission, and I was always under the impression that there were a few more after it. So, I was pretty surprised and very happy when I not only managed to beat it on the 360, but realized that it WAS the final mission and that after all that time, I could finally say I beat the game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I could never beat the space mission in Nightfire either! It always gave me a panic attack as more and more missiles were prepping and I didn't have enough time to destroy them. haha.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I could never beat the space mission in Nightfire either! It always gave me a panic attack as more and more missiles were prepping and I didn't have enough time to destroy them. haha.

Details on the final level are fuzzy, but I always had a sneaking suspicion it had to do with me not having enough time and becoming overwhelmed with the objective, so it sounds like that's exactly what happened to the both of us!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Details on the final level are fuzzy, but I always had a sneaking suspicion it had to do with me not having enough time and becoming overwhelmed with the objective, so it sounds like that's exactly what happened to the both of us!

At least I beat the GBA version. It only had 6 missiles. :))

At least I beat the GBA version. It only had 6 missiles. :))

I need a PS4 version with only one missile!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Whimps. All of you. ;)
    (Just kidding guys)
    :))
    Whimps. All of you. ;)
    (Just kidding guys)

The funny thing is I could probably beat that final level in ten minutes or so now that I'm older and much more in tune with how games work at all...

...or, of course, it could still be elusive and kick my ass yet again. Suppose I'll never know!