The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Does anyone know what time of year a new Bond actor is usually announced? How long before they start shooting do we know the identity of the new 007? So let's say the next Bond film is November 2018, would we know who Bond is by September 2017 say? Any input is appreciated.
    Brosnan was announced on June 1994 and Craig on October 2005. Actually look at that - 11 yrs apart. Almost time again already, given it's 2016.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still don't even know whether Craig is returning or not .
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still don't even know whether Craig is returning or not .

Relax, it's just a hypothetical.
    Craig's got one more in him at most and I think we can all agree he has been cagey, so no harm in speculating, given it has been 11 yrs coincidentally.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That wasn't really a "relax" moment. Just stating the obvious.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Well the good news is that there has never been a Bond film in a year ending in 0 so that rules out 2020 for Bond 25.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well the good news is that there has never been a Bond film in a year ending in 0 so that rules out 2020 for Bond 25.
    You never know.

Remember back when there were lame rumours about The World Is Not Enough aimed for a 2000 release and papers actually suggested that the film was going to be called Bond 2000? Heavens!
    In OHMSS, is Olympe Draco's lover or a friend of the family?
  • secretary with benefits I'm guessing
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,984
    So how do you people explain the YOLT "death" of Bond?
  • So how do you people explain the YOLT "death" of Bond?

The result of letting a children's author who has never written a screenplay before write a screenplay.
    lol

But I meant, in your head, how do you think Bond survived/faked it?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Q Branch specialized Bullet proof bed. ;)
    That squirts blood when it detects the presence of bullets?
  • lol

But I meant, in your head, how do you think Bond survived/faked it?

That's the thing, I've been over it in my head and in every vein it makes absolutely no sense. If the guys are in on it why go through the trouble of getting the jump on Bond? And how did Bond survive? Really. It makes zero sense.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Films are Visual, so film makers try and give us strong visual stories.
    Bond getting machine gunned down, looks fantastic. I agree it doesn't
    make a lot of sense, but it keeps you watching. :)
    I guess I always assumed that they were using blanks and Bond had some squibs?
  • I'd imagine it'd be quite shocking in 1967, but for some reason, as soon as I heard the title "You Only Live Twice", I expected a fake death. As for explaining the death itself, I have absolutely no idea.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Am I the only one here that has TND as their favorite Bond movie?
  • Am I the only one here that has TND as their favorite Bond movie?

yes

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I actually enjoy TND a lot, but I'm afraid I enjoy OHMSS, CR and QOS more.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I know @chrisisall rates TND very highly, as do I. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I very much enjoy TND too.

It's probably the most wall to wall action oriented Bond film they've ever done. Even more so than QoS.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's probably the most wall to wall action oriented Bond film they've ever done. Even more so than QoS.

From Bond sneaking into the Hamburg offices to the climax it's almost non-stop action.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Yes I'm a big TND fan too, it's very underrated.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    I know @chrisisall rates TND very highly, as do I. :)
    It's my #3. TLD through TND is my golden age for Bond.
  • bondjames wrote: »

From Bond sneaking into the Hamburg offices to the climax it's almost non-stop action.

But it is a little excessive.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Not for me.
    ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

TND is guilty of excessive awesomeness. :D