Who will become the Bond heir after Broccoli and Wilson leave?

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
edited April 2016 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 403
Obviously they can't be doing this forever. Wilson has to be, what, 60 by now? Do they have any kids that can continue the series? Even Babs only has about twenty years left, no? Are they going to pass the series to Anthony Waye and Callum McDougall?

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Iirc Wilson has a son working with the films as well. I guess he's grooming him to follow in his footsteps.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    No it's David '007 Legends' Wilson and his brother who are being groomed.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    his name is Gregg Wilson, he made a cameo in SF
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    No it's David '007 Legends' Wilson and his brother who are being groomed.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

If he had produced the game that sucked that many, then we can wait for modified storylines that are only filled with action and nothing of Bond.
  • icsics
    Do remeber that Cubby also had other childrens i belive Tinas children are involved now buttom line it stayes in the family... the Italien way
    Babs is in her fifties which is the age group Cubby was in when he started the franchise. I'm sure she will go on for another 30 years while grooming other blood relatives to take up the reins.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Obviously they can't be doing this forever. Wilson has to be, what, 60 by now? Do they have any kids that can continue the series? Even Babs only has about twenty years left, no? Are they going to pass the series to Anthony Waye and Callum McDougall?

Wilson is 71 at this point.
    people complain about David and Gregg producing a crappy bond game

Michael G Wilson produced this hoorible horrible horrible spit on fleming's grave nonesense and we don't want to crucify him do we?
    No it's David '007 Legends' Wilson

At least we should have a good 20 years or so before he takes over.
    Risico007 wrote:
    people complain about David and Gregg producing a crappy bond game

Michael G Wilson produced this hoorible horrible horrible spit on fleming's grave nonesense and we don't want to crucify him do we?

MGW had a 20 year track record of quality contributions before this dreck was created (and his meeting was clearly a 5 min meeting that went along the lines of 'yeah we're having legal issues so cant produce a Bond film at the moment so feel free to do what you like as long as EON get an earner out of it')

I'm hopeful Gregg may not be beyond redemption but as far as David goes hes had the chance that we would all die for and blown it. Anyone who signs off 007 Legends should not be allowed to have anything to do with the character ever again.
    Sometimes I wake up at night fearing exactly this... Barbara could continue for a while, but it can't be the same. And then what? Disney will take it over?
    0013 wrote:
    Sometimes I wake up at night fearing exactly this... Barbara could continue for a while, but it can't be the same. And then what? Disney will take it over?

True enough. I've seen MGW age quite a bit over the last few films. I cant really see him going on much beyond the Craig era. Maybe one last time to see in the new Bond but not further than 2020. Mind you Dan is only 45 - physically he could pull off Bond at 53 I'm sure so he could still be Bond then - although it seems he might well have the kind of face that ages badly?

Babs should be good for another 20 years at least - has she got any kids? I cant remember.

Its vital that EON retain independence and dont sell out to a studio or then we really will see a black Bond, female Bond, gay Bond etc.

But it is also vital David Wilson is not allowed within 100 miles of the franchise. That guy is the Steve Kean of Bond production and only someone with the intelligence of Venkys would think about employing him.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Is David Wilson the one who gained a cameo in the 'enjoying death' bar scene in skyfall? Or is that another Wilson lad?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2013 Posts: 5,921
    Its vital that EON retain independence and dont sell out to a studio or then we really will see a black Bond, female Bond, gay Bond etc.

Honestly, I doubt it. Studios are very conservative when it comes to their franchises.
  • 0013 wrote:

True enough. I've seen MGW age quite a bit over the last few films. I cant really see him going on much beyond the Craig era. Maybe one last time to see in the new Bond but not further than 2020. Mind you Dan is only 45 - physically he could pull off Bond at 53 I'm sure so he could still be Bond then - although it seems he might well have the kind of face that ages badly?

Have they ever discussed if Barbara Broccoli and MGW each have their own areas of expertise or if they both handle all the production aspects together? Despite MGW having had a hand in the writing in the past I had the idea that he was more the "nuts and bolts" business guy and Broccoli was more on the creative side of things. Of course, this may be because the BB haters always criticise her for the artistic decisions but never criticise MGW...

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2013 Posts: 5,921
    Of course, this may be because the BB haters always criticise her for the artistic decisions but never criticise MGW...
    I've never understood why she gets criticized and never MGW. He's an attorney and when was the last time you met an attorney who didn't get his views across?
    As i am unsure of their names? All i will say is without a doubt it will remain within the family! That i am sure, purely because of how long and how far they have fought to protect the business and franchise. But also to now also own the unofficial entries too.
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote:
    Is David Wilson the one who gained a cameo in the 'enjoying death' bar scene in skyfall? Or is that another Wilson lad?

That's Gregg. He will take over producing duties with Babs once MGW steps aside. David won't be involved.
    RC7 wrote:
    David won't be involved.

Can you get that in writing for me?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Ahh I see , thanks for clearing that up. I hope Gregg is being forced fed all of barbs and mikes knowledge of how to approach these films. I suspect we're in good hands, in barb we trust!
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 377
    i dont know
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mack_Bolan wrote: »
    Disney needs to buy James Bond! TODAY! Not next month, not next week, not tomorrow: TODAY!

Disney don't need Bond at all. They'll make more than $6 billion in revenue alone by the end of the year.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    MGM I'm sure aren't selling their half of the rights ...always afraid when they fold they're taking Bond with them.

EoN is a family business. Don't fret too much over Legends.. just hope the boys keep BB in check before Bond turns into just a fluffy emotional mess.

Even just a distribution deal you don't want Disney. Disney is way too bottom line and way too my way or the highway. Disney wouldn't pursue if first film not profitable or didn't meet expectations.

No don't want Disney ..plus Disney wouldn't go for such a one sided deal that Sony apparently did.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,586
    Referring back to the initial question, I get the sense that Michael is ready to retire. He was sick a while back, and was recovering from a triple bypass surgery for the beginning portion of SP's production. Babs has a daughter, Angelica (not sure if she's in the business?). Gregg Wilson and Angelica Broccoli could very likely become the franchise's future in the coming years.
    Yes maybe so but Barbara Broccoli has a lot of years left.

I hope MGW does too, but yes harder past couple years for him I assume.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Yes maybe so but Barbara Broccoli has a lot of years left.

I hope MGW does too, but yes harder past couple years for him I assume.

Yes. I don't expect Babs to leave anytime soon.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I mean c'mon people. BB is 56 years old. She'll be around and in charge for another 20 years. I'll be 60 then.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I mean c'mon people. BB is 56 years old. She'll be around and in charge for another 20 years. I'll be 60 then.

And I'll be umm older :(

Btw I'm traveling to your Switzerland next March even though my French sucks and I can't speak German.

Ever heard French with a Texas twang? Doesn't work.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »

And I'll be umm older :(

Btw I'm traveling to your Switzerland next March even though my French sucks and I can't speak German.

Ever heard French with a Texas twang? Doesn't work.
    Great country. They all speak English too though, n'est–ce pas @BondJasonBond006. At least where I've been.