Nightfire PC on Newer Windows

BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
in 007 Gaming Posts: 3,000
I just recently purchased a copy of Nightfire PC from Amazon, and I can't get it to run on my Windows 10 machine. I've tried "compatibility mode" and "run as administrator," but nothing works. Has anyone gotten it to run on any version of Windows that is newer than XP?

Comments

I'd run it in Seven.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I've heard many people say that Nightfire didn't work on 7 either, but I'll give it a shot.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I played it on Windows 8.1 recently. I don't remember having any troubles, but i can Check later if i had to change any compatibility setting etc.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 847
    Maybye they are some patchs to install.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nightfire works perfectly on 7 and 8. But, if there's anything you'd like to ask about the Nightfire experts, try contacting the Nightfire Source forums where the original game is highly discussed.
    I just recently purchased a copy of Nightfire PC from Amazon, and I can't get it to run on my Windows 10 machine. I've tried "compatibility mode" and "run as administrator," but nothing works. Has anyone gotten it to run on any version of Windows that is newer than XP?

Had the same problems with games on Windows 10, my advice is look on youtube I found a way round a few old games, though some would just not work at all.

Thanks everyone! I'll look into it more and see if there is anything I can do to get it to work. What info I did find already talked about 3rd party patches, but the website I was referred to was gone. The only patch I can find is one that makes the game able to connect to 3rd party servers for multiplayer now that the official ones are down.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @BMW_with_missiles, here's the link. You can browse through the threads or start your own one. The developers and mods will be glad to help you there.
    http://forum.nightfiresource.com/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=d89d8ec6d32353fe421e2b5b595b2e0e
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,000
    @BMW_with_missiles, here's the link. You can browse through the threads or start your own one. The developers and mods will be glad to help you there.
    http://forum.nightfiresource.com/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=d89d8ec6d32353fe421e2b5b595b2e0e

Thanks a lot @ClarkDevlin!