Splinter Cell: Blacklist

edited December 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 9,730
http://kotaku.com/5800132/leaked-splinter-cell-6-details-point-to-night-vision-goggles-and-nukes-on-the-loose

I figure since there is a few non 007 gaming threads here one more wouldn't hurt.

Honestly As long as the bring back the rogue element of conviction with a few of the stealthier options of the first 4 I'll be happy. I may be the only Splinter cell fan who loved Conviction and felt the fluidity of it was great it just needed some minor tweaking and it would be the ultimate game.

Also the title is ok not spectacular but I hated all of the splinter cell titles but the games are fun.

Comments

• SAMSAM
    Your not alone Risico007.

I thought Splinter Cell: Conviction was a very enjoyable. Though I do have a criticism: too short.

The stealth aspect (last known origin ghost) was brilliant and playing mind games with thugs and so forth gave me amusement.

Though I preferred Splinter Cell: Double Agent (suspenseful storyline and great character villains - Emile Dufraine and so forth). That last mission on New York rooftops (in the nightfall and snow) was epic.

Is the legendary Michael Ironside returning to voice Sam Fisher ?
    I believe so and early rumors suggest our old friend Andre Koban (the arms dealer third echelone was working with) will be back which makes sense given the title.

Plus i heard it will be released next year!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    This is great news! I'm a huge SC fan, although I thought the last entry wasn't as good as the others. They need to keep it more stealthy like CT, which was my favorite in the series.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i wouldn't mind more stealth missions... but the thing i like - is that even if you've been spotted, it's up to you to fight your way out of the situation... i hated in the first 2 games i believe, that if you were spotted, you failed the mission - that got really annoying.... I liked the way Conviction was setup (James Bond games of the future need to take some notes).. it had a perfect dose of action and stealth - all wrapped up in a good story...

so i am very much looking forward to a 6th game..... long live Michael Ironside aka Sam FIsher.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 9,730
    I loved Conviction (I still don't get why people hated it) the only thing I'd like is a bit more stealthier elements but the Game was super fun (it never gets old throwing people out of windows)

Plus I'm hearing it's either Splinter Cell retribution or Splinter Cell Broken Arrow. personally I like splinter Cell broken Arrow more. Also teaser trailer and title are expected to be released next month.
  • Looking forward to this one. I've really enjoyed each game of the franchise.
    I have a feeling we'll see it at E3 and i think Retribution is little more then a fan name.

I'd love it if ti wound up being Splinter Cell Broken Arrow.
  • HASEROT wrote:
    i wouldn't mind more stealth missions... but the thing i like - is that even if you've been spotted, it's up to you to fight your way out of the situation... i hated in the first 2 games i believe, that if you were spotted, you failed the mission - that got really annoying.... I liked the way Conviction was setup (James Bond games of the future need to take some notes).. it had a perfect dose of action and stealth - all wrapped up in a good story...

so i am very much looking forward to a 6th game..... long live Michael Ironside aka Sam FIsher.

Agreed. I hate it in games when if you're spotted you fail, I prefer it when if you're spotted you have to fight. Anyways, I thought conviction was great, even better than double agent, and I'm looking forward to this one.
    I figured I'd update this, for those of you who don't know yet.

The game is called Splinter Cell Blacklist and it won't feature Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam Fisher. With or without Mr. Ironside this game looks like it's going to be awesome.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/splinter_cell_blacklist/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/08/what-makes-blacklist-different-from-previous-games-in-the-series.aspx
    agreed I already pre ordered blacklist
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've never been a big fan of the Splinter Cell games (I've always preferred the books, as they feel far more complete than any of the games), but one of the things that attracted me to the games was Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher (HOLY SH*T DARKSIED IS THE GOOD GUY?!?!?), and without him in the lead... well, what's the point? I know he's still involved (hopefully, they replace the other guy's voice with his in post-production), but his voice was a big selling point for me.
    not bad I already preordered it.
  • oo7oo7
    any news on if 5 will come to sony?
  • Ah, Blacklist. I approach it with trepidation because Conviction is, in my opinion, the finest videogame ever created - all the time I am wondering, how will they top that?

But having seen the trailers for Blacklist, I think they're going to do it. SCK20 equipment is back... Mercs mode is back... the plot is going global again... it's an even greater refinement of what was already an excellent system. It's a shame to lose Michael Ironside, but we have to trust that Ubisoft know what they are doing.

Eidos on the other hand... if they hadn't brought David Bateson back as 47 I think there would have been war!
  • @oo7 - sorry, I very much doubt it will. Unless a Trilogy Pack of Conviction, Blacklist and Untitled Number 7 comes along in five years time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, since the game is actually called "Blacklist", shouldn't the thread be renamed? I do, however, think Broken Arrow would have been a better title.
  • A "broken arrow" is US code for when a nuclear warhead goes missing... I guess such an occurance is not as important/no longer there as the "blacklist".
    thamesider wrote:
    A "broken arrow" is US code for when a nuclear warhead goes missing...

I've known this for quite some time, actually (and, surprisingly, before the John Woo movie came out).

new trailer WOW
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It looks worthy of a purchase, though the entire time I will be playing I will mourn Mr. Ironside as Sam. :(
  • Looks fantastic.
    It looks worthy of a purchase, though the entire time I will be playing I will mourn Mr. Ironside as Sam. :(

agreed but with no bond game on the horizon (which sucks) at least i have Splinter cell..
    This game has been out for a couple weeks now, has anyone played it yet?
    I just beat it the other day and it's fantastic. While it's not my favorite one (that honor goes to "Chaos Theory") it's the one that has so much more you can do in it. From single campaign missions, co-op missions, and side missions you can do alone or with a friend, to unlocking and buying new suits and weapons as well as upgrading them, this includes upgrading your HQ. Now Spies vs Mercs is back as well for some online carnage!

My only complaints are the lack of Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher. The new guy does a good job but I often had to remind myself that the character I was playing as is Sam Fisher. When Ironside retired from the role they should've retired Fisher too and brought in a new character. "Conviction" would have been a good final for Sam.
    My other complaint is that the stealth isn't like it used to be. I miss the good ol' days of sneaking around and have it be truly challenging. "Conviction" and "Blacklist" make it too easy with quick kills.

I give Blacklist a 9/10.

1) Chaos Theory
    2) Double Agent
    3) Blacklist
    4) Splinter Cell
    5) Pandora Tomorrow
    6) Conviction
  • I've only just finished Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Like every fan of the series, I miss Michel Ironside, the new actor sounds too young, especially when talking to Sara. And I too prefer the original three. However I think they did a good job at taking a step back from conviction and getting a little closer to what made this series famous in the first place. Not my favorite in the series, but not the worst in my opinion.
    I'm surprised this thread's title wasn't changed after the game became known as Blacklist. I'd like to pick it (and the rest of the series, I've only got Double Agent on the PS2) up once the rest of my gaming plate is taken care of.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I thoroughly enjoyed 'Blacklist.' I, too, missed Ironside, but I thought there were a lot of fun missions to encounter - those solo/co-op side missions were really entertaining - and it did seem to tip back towards the original games. While I recall enjoying 'Conviction,' that game just took away from the stealth I knew and loved from the earlier games, and this one seemed to go back to it, albeit making the game really easy at times, even on the hardest difficulty, thanks to instant kills and the like.
    Haven't played it yet (my 360v conked out in June and I don't have the money to buy a new one) so I will play it December same goes for Batman Arkham Origins but I can play Doom 2 on my pc....
    Been playing Black list it's really quite fun
    I give Blacklist a 9/10.

1) Chaos Theory
    2) Double Agent
    3) Blacklist
    4) Splinter Cell
    5) Pandora Tomorrow
    6) Conviction

I just sold it the other day and now that some time has passed since I beat it I feel like I can give it a more realistic rating. I now give it an 8/10 and it moves down on my ranking list while Pandora Tomorrow moves up.

1) Chaos Theory
    2) Double Agent
    3) Pandora Tomorrow
    4) Splinter Cell
    5) Blacklist
    6) Conviction