What James Bond film do you feel like watching?

1234568»

Comments

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Lately ive been more into the two the most recent Bond actors Pierce and Daniel.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I have done these 8:

SP-DAF-TLD-AVTAK-YOLT-TSWLM-QOS-TND

now I can't decide what fits better for the next one: TMWTGG, TB or something else?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have done these 8:

SP-DAF-TLD-AVTAK-YOLT-TSWLM-QOS-TND

now I can't decide what fits better for the next one: TMWTGG, TB or something else?

TMWTGG is my go-to when I can't decide.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Can anyone suggest a pairing of a pre-1977 and a post-1979 outings ?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

GF followed by CR. Two slower but classy Bond movies.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I'll say DN and SP. Why not see how far the franchise progressed in over 50 years.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks guys, I'll consider all these double features once I finish the other films I need to see first!
  • FYEO is the least rewatchable of the Moore films to me. It's more of a film for people during their hangovers.

Pre-77 and post-79? FRWL & OP? Two of our most thrilling Cold War spy, well, thrillers.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    After reading the thread about TND, I'll be watching it later. :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I never tire of re-watching DN, YOLT, OP, SF. And to a lesser extent GF. Not sure why these films.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames I just watched 'Bourne Identity' and 'Bourne Supremacy'. Great films, but very serious stuff. I'd like to counterbalance with some Sir Roger as Bond tonight. Which 2 should I give a go? TSWLM + MR seem like the proper antidote for deadly serious action films, but so are TMWTGG and OP.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I feel like watching your mom.

Her favorite Bond is Pierce Brosnan. I hope you'll cool off now. ;)

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, I hope I'm not too late in getting back to you.

I've always liked LALD/TMWTGG (Hamilton double) or TSWLM/MR (Gilbert double) as you noted.

I think OP/AVTAK (Glen double with a slightly more veteran and humorous Moore) works great as well.

I've never tried TMWTGG/OP, but that would be an interesting choice. Young and seasoned Sir Rog. Both feature the lovely Maud Adams and there are some similarities in Barry's score for both films as well.

https://www.youtube.com/v/PSbj2Mx2By8?autoplay=1&start=0&end=16&controls=1&version=3

https://www.youtube.com/v/0AIv4NcAQkc?autoplay=1&start=0&end=35&controls=1&version=3

You really can't go wrong with any of them imho.
    Thanks a lot, @bondjames, unfortunately I started a random double bill before you had the chance to answer. But don't worry, I'll watch your suggestions soon!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I'm always in the mood for Dr No. Well cast, well directed, close to the novel and amazing exotic locations.