Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What happened to Getafix by the way, I really, really, really
    may
    miss him, just wondering.

He's off extolling the brilliance of Brosnan's Bond era to anyone who will listen.
    Traveling the world, sharing his love of Pierce and DAD, with no inhibitions in possession. He said something about it being his great pilgrimage or something like that before departing.

Oh Dear, now I'm hard...I mean I'm laughing hard roflmao and such

=))

good one! OR IS IT EVEN TRUE?! :-O

The last time I saw @Getafix he was being led by @Creasy47 into a sound proof storage shed with black tinted windows, lobotomy surgical tools in hand. When Getafix came out, all he could say was, "Brosnan is life, Brosnan I love," which he repeated over and over again. Fast forward a month or so and then he started making mention of a "great pilgrimage," which he envisioned as a global trek during which he'd spread the blessings of Brosnan's era to everyone, no matter their race, belief systems or background. Not long after that and he was gone for good. He hasn't been heard from since. Of course, where he's at, there's likely no wi-fi connection. Interpret that as you may...

Have you heard about a ship called 'The Flying Brosnan'? I thought he had something to do with that..

Oh heavens, I hope not. He couldn't drive well at all, much less helm a ship on the open seas. That's solved it then; he's been marooned on an island in the middle of nowhere. It explains the no wi-fi thing, at least.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright, all. Though I won't technically be leaving the forum, I will be going off the grid, in a fashion for a week or so. Early this semester (my senior year in college) I had the opportunity to sign up for a trip to Ireland scheduled for this period, my campus's spring break time, and I couldn't pass it up. I've adored the endurance of the country, its people, history, geography and mythology for a long while, and am familiar with many of its systems and features, more so than other nations.

We should have an at least moderately competent wi-fi connection at the apartments I and my fellow students are going to be staying at in Dublin, so I will likely check in every morning and every night, depending on the busyness of our schedule and my exhaustion levels. I hope to speak to you all soon, and in the meantime, stay Bonded!

Brady
    It seems like another exodus period is starting. One person flies the coop then the whole roost follows suit. Granted, with the way things have been lately, I can see why people may be tempted to leave.

I've been here far too long, however, to let the negative forum climate get to me.

In the relatively short time I've been here it was against Brosnan, Sam Smith and now Spectre, and in no small way, the downright hate against Brosnan and Sam Smith was quite unsettling.
    I wonder what is next, once Spectre is not in the focus for bashing anymore...

It's still a marvelous place to be here, and you're right, one has to learn to live with the negativity, there is no alternative but to leave. The positives outweigh the negatives.
    I have never learned more about the franchise than since July 15 when I joined this forum. And it altered my perception of it as well.

Do people hate Same Smith here? I didn't see it. Personally I thought he made a great song but I don't like his voice.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brady, say hello to U2 and my son s ancestors. Miss you albrady.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sex and booze ? ...... sounds like Ireland to me. :))
    Hey Brady, I envy you. Isn't spring break all about sex and booze? :))

@BondJasonBond006, not for this virginal teetotaler! As you can likely tell, I'm no fun at parties. ;)
    Well, I am not exactly going away right now, but you will see less and less of me in the upcoming weeks and months. A lot of things are happening in my life, positive things mostly, I need to change housing and my wife is pregnant. So real life will keep me busy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Congrats on the baby @Ludovico, best wishes.

~Wesley
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations, @Ludovico!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 14,812
    All the best to you @Ludovico and your wife on the imminent arrival of your baby.
    Please keep us informed of how you're all doing.
    Congratulations, @Ludovico
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    All the best to you all @Ludovico......
    Great news!

Not that you are absent, you know what I mean. :)
    Thank you all! But there's still six months to go. We don't know the gender yet. Will keep you posted as much as I can.

@BondJasonBond2006 Yes it's going to be our first child.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Ludovico still, congrats! And enjoy!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Congrats, @Ludovico! Now THAT'S good news. :)
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Coming back after a prolonged absence. Being a father to 2 boys and having a full time job will do that to a guy. Nice to be back I see some people I used to know and a whole bunch of new names. Nice to see the community as grown from the "good ole days". Is Retro Kitty or Daniel still around? Sir George?
    Welcome back @thedove been a while.
    Daniel and Retrokitty left long ago. St.George pops in from time to time.
    Still a few of the 'oldies' still around.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hey @Thedove, welcome back! Yes, there are still some old souls around, but some agents have fallen I'm afraid..
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome back, @Thedove.
    Yeah, we experienced a gold fever some years ago. A few of our veteran members left to find happiness in places where wise men prefer not to come. We tried to warn them, tried to convince them that they weren't going to find anything better elsewhere, but greed got the best of them.
    Distant screams...
    Then nothing.

They are gone.
    Enjoy NY, @Birdleson. Great city!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Enjoy NY, @Birdleson. Great city!
    I practically grew up in Manhattan I was there so much. There's a feel of electricity there...
    like you could be attacked at any moment. It's truly exhilarating.
  • Hey everyone.

Not sure of how much of an impact I made during the short time whilst I was here. Not sure at all if anyone holds me in high regard. But for me, it is as Sir Dalton said in TLD, "time to leave!" at least for a short while. I might be back in a week. Or two weeks. Or longer than that. But I'm quite sure... the IncompetentHenchman will return.
    You've seemingly fit into the forum rather well @IncompetentHenchman, hopefully your hiatus isn't a long one.
    Sometimes a break is as good as a holiday. But if you're on holiday have a nice break.
    Look forward to seeing you down the track either way. Take care.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Enjoy the holiday. You're fitting in quite well here. :)
    Hurry back @IncompetentHenchman sometimes we all need a break.