Connery did a FRWL game in 2005, which film/actor would you like to see with a game next?

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 4,762
    I had an idea a while back about a Goldfinger game that I think could work fairly well and be quite fun- here was my level layout:

Level 1: Mexico- Infiltrate Mr. Ramirez's heroin plant and sabotage it from the inside; switch into "party attire" and make your way to the nightclub; Boss Fight- Capungo

Level 2: Mexico- Escape the nightclub and locate the getaway car; drive to the airport and board your departure flight without being killed by Ramirez's hitmen

Level 3: Miami Beach- Spy on Auric Goldfinger and uncover clues pertaining to his botched card game with Simmons; maintain stealth at all times

Level 4: Britain- defeat Goldfinger in the golf game

Level 5: Switzerland- track Goldfinger in the Aston Martin DB5 to his smuggling factory at Auric Enterprises

Level 6: Switzerland- use stealth tactics to discover Goldfinger's smuggling operation; use the DB5 to outrun Goldfinger's Korean thugs after your cover is blown by Tilly Masterson

Level 7: Goldfinger's Airplane- roam around the jet in search of appropriate locations to plant homing devices in order to alert MI6 to your position

Level 8: Kentucky, USA- stage an escape from your prison cell and use stealth tactics to spy on Goldfinger's "Operation Grand Slam" meeting with the American gangsters

Level 9: Fort Knox- Boss Fight- Oddjob; switch to play as an American soldier and defeat Goldfinger's Korean army to infiltrate the main vault and defuse the atomic bomb

Level 10- The President's Airplane- Boss Fight- Auric Goldfinger; escape the airplane with Ms. Galore before it crashes
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Sounds great, @00Beast! Might I suggest adding in a short segment between level 4 and 5 where you free roam Q's lab, picking up goodies seen in the previous films, and between level 6 and 7, free roam Goldfinger's plane and prime/plant your homing devices. I want to do everything Bond does in the film. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Sounds great, @00Beast! Might I suggest adding in a short segment between level 4 and 5 where you free roam Q's lab, picking up goodies seen in the previous films, and between level 6 and 7, free roam Goldfinger's plane and prime/plant your homing devices. I want to do everything Bond does in the film. ;)

I'm glad you mentioned it! I had considered the "free roam" on Goldfinger's plane, but didn't know whether or not that would be any fun to play in a game scenario. Planting the homer devices would be fun though, so I'll add that in! I wish this was actually happening, hahaha- perhaps someone from a distinguished game developing company will wander onto this thread and pick up my proposed idea! :-c
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    00Beast wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    I'm glad you mentioned it! I had considered the "free roam" on Goldfinger's plane, but didn't know whether or not that would be any fun to play in a game scenario. Planting the homer devices would be fun though, so I'll add that in! I wish this was actually happening, hahaha- perhaps someone from a distinguished game developing company will wander onto this thread and pick up my proposed idea! :-c
    Let's hope so! Maybe some members here could collaborate on a fan game. I'm slowly working on a demo level from LALD. Just making textures at the moment, and sorting out what props need to be made.

BTW nice avatar, great music there.
    @QBranch: Thank you! I am most definitely a Doors fan- they're incredible!
  • It still seems fairly odd to me that they chose FRWL to adapt to a game, don't get me wrong I love the game and glad it was made, but it just seemed liked Goldfinger would have been the more obvious choice, or even YOLT with all the grand battle action.
    It still seems fairly odd to me that they chose FRWL to adapt to a game, don't get me wrong I love the game and glad it was made, but it just seemed liked Goldfinger would have been the more obvious choice, or even YOLT with all the grand battle action.

I've wondered the same thing ever since I saw FRWL- see, I played the game first, and then saw the movie, and wow, after I saw the movie, it had me wondering why in the world they chose FRWL for a video game of all things. I remember watching the movie and thinking "uhhh....Red Grant died on the train? Where's his big Octopus-shaped death machine?"
  • Lazenby or Dalton can make a game that follows up on OHMSS and give it a justified sequel once and for all, now that Blofeld licensing is settled.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Lazenby or Dalton can make a game that follows up on OHMSS and give it a justified sequel once and for all, now that Blofeld licensing is settled.

I would instantly buy this. They should do a OHMSS adaptation as well (the one in 007 Legends was really lame).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want a Bond card game. I am old.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want a Bond card game. I am old.

They have lots of them. :p
  • Walecs wrote:
    Lazenby or Dalton can make a game that follows up on OHMSS and give it a justified sequel once and for all, now that Blofeld licensing is settled.

I would instantly buy this. They should do a OHMSS adaptation as well (the one in 007 Legends was really lame).

It was indeed, although, it was still probably the best level of the game.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote:

It was indeed, although, it was still probably the best level of the game.

I agree.
  • And honestly that was mostly down to Piz Gloria and the recreation of the music from the movie. The music in the game was quite honestly the best part, the reimagining of the music from their respective movies was absolutely great.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    On the whole, the best levels in 007 Legends were Piz Gloria and the Moonraker Space Station.
  • GrizzlorGrizzlor NJ, USA
    Would love to see Timothy Dalton voiceover Living Daylights remake in game form. That film had a ton of great action.
  • TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    Would love to see a TPS Bond game with levels similar to what 007 legends did (maybe include more levels based on the other films), and have an unlockable bonus where you get to choose from all the bond actors' likeness as skins--imagine TD in a Moonraker suit, or Moore fighting Sanchez :)
  • They should make a game based on The Spy Who Loved Me with Roger Moore lending his voice and likeness.
    Im really surprised that never did a video game with Roger.
    If a Roger Moore Bond movie were on the list for the next Bond game release, I'd be with you on The Spy Who Loved Me, @ChrisMC36SSR. It would be the easiest one to transform into a game setting, given its very accessible action sequences such as the ski chase PTS, the Lotus car chase, and the shootout aboard the Liparus. Both the Liparus' sub pen and Atlantis have already been used in the multiplayer for Nightfire, and GoldenEye: Rogue Agent used the Egyptian pyramids in its multiplayer, along with Atlantis.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Sean Connery in moonraker
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sean Connery in moonraker

Or an OP adaptation, with an unlockable feature that allows you to play the entire game with Bond wearing his clown suit, and a whole level where you just have to survive in the jungle by doing tarzan yells and telling tigers to sit!

• timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Im really surprised that never did a video game with Roger.

I recall reading somewhere that Agent Under Fire was originally intended as Moore game. Certainly, the more I think about it, the Bond of that game does act like Moore in the various cut scenes. Shame it didn't work out to actually get him in it!

timdalton007

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    There were plans for EA to release a sequel to Nightfire in 2005, called Phoenix Rising, but it was scrapped in favour of From Russia with Love. Brosnan would have already been retired from Bond by then anyway. Just a fun fact.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 70
    Something I made.
    g2garS5r.png
    Personally I would of liked one for each Bond actor

My thoughts for each below

Thunderball For Connery (now that Eon has all the rights)
    Story A mixture of thunderball and you only live twice films
    I feel a good stealth level could be done with the pts sequence and while the film doesn't have a tone of scenes that could translate ( personally I would love to see stealth levels like Largo's estate etc...) and then have the game carry over elements from You Only live twice (similar to From Russia with love) Developing it similar to Hitman games...

Diamonds are forever for Lazenby
    Basically giving us the Diamonds are forever we all wanted. a darker grittier revenge tale with George being well George

For Your Eyes Only for Roger Moore
    hear me out yes Moonraker would be cool but we have seen it borrowed/utilized twice in video games (Including 007legends which again for Craig it makes no sense I mean really that one ..) a good dark espionage film to adapt to a good dark espionage game

License to Kill for Dalton
    Yeah I know 007 Legends but ignoring that we could have a decent Third person shooter on our hands with an adaption of this game or perhaps a rebuilt James Bond the Duel (better graphics etc) either way a good Dalton game should happen

Phoenix Rising for Brosnan
    to be developed and finished up by EA and released would be quite nice because all of his films are pretty much developed although Maybe fixing Die another Day would be kind of cool.

Spectre For Daniel Craig
    The film should of had a tie in game and in all honesty it hurt EON by not having one (not as badly as the dark knight video game getting canceled but pretty hard)

But considering I am replaying 007 legends just to get my bond game fix I would take a high def version of James bond the duel lol
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    License to Kill for Dalton
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gummy wrote: »
    Something I made.
    g2garS5r.png

I would buy a PS4 tomorrow if that were announced as the next game.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,000
    00Beast wrote: »
    I had an idea a while back about a Goldfinger game that I think could work fairly well and be quite fun- here was my level layout:

Level 1: Mexico- Infiltrate Mr. Ramirez's heroin plant and sabotage it from the inside; switch into "party attire" and make your way to the nightclub; Boss Fight- Capungo

Level 2: Mexico- Escape the nightclub and locate the getaway car; drive to the airport and board your departure flight without being killed by Ramirez's hitmen

Level 3: Miami Beach- Spy on Auric Goldfinger and uncover clues pertaining to his botched card game with Simmons; maintain stealth at all times

Level 4: Britain- defeat Goldfinger in the golf game

Level 5: Switzerland- track Goldfinger in the Aston Martin DB5 to his smuggling factory at Auric Enterprises

Level 6: Switzerland- use stealth tactics to discover Goldfinger's smuggling operation; use the DB5 to outrun Goldfinger's Korean thugs after your cover is blown by Tilly Masterson

Level 7: Goldfinger's Airplane- roam around the jet in search of appropriate locations to plant homing devices in order to alert MI6 to your position

Level 8: Kentucky, USA- stage an escape from your prison cell and use stealth tactics to spy on Goldfinger's "Operation Grand Slam" meeting with the American gangsters

Level 9: Fort Knox- Boss Fight- Oddjob; switch to play as an American soldier and defeat Goldfinger's Korean army to infiltrate the main vault and defuse the atomic bomb

Level 10- The President's Airplane- Boss Fight- Auric Goldfinger; escape the airplane with Ms. Galore before it crashes

I think I found your game's soundtrack;
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Gummy wrote: »
    Something I made.
    g2garS5r.png

I would buy a PS4 tomorrow if that were announced as the next game.

I like it.