Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• RC7RC7
    NO Hiddleston. No Stevens. No Cumberbatch. No Madden/Hathrington /any other twit that happens to be in game of thongs for five minutes before a dragon eats them

YES: Turner. Norton. Goode. Harry Lloyd. Jack Davenport. Idris! Charlie Hunnam. Jamie Dornan.

The Hiddleston thing REALLY annoys me because it's SO bloody TELEGRAPHED. There are entire shots in Night Manager DESIGNED to ECHO that Bond 'feel' / look. Frankly, you could take anyone in that part and generate Bond vibes in the media, especially when timed against HIGH RISE (In which Hiddleston is depicted in suits a lot and infiltrating a bad guy's layer). Nice guy /fine actor. MOVIE STAR? JAMES BOND? IMHO: no and shame it's now so bloody easy to be touted as Bond!

Let Craig do at least one if not two more, his successor is not yet ready..

What's a bad guy's layer? Someone who f**** the villain?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »

What's a bad guy's layer?

Something for Bond to peel back.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

78367940-peeled-banana-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lAWAMi1o6SkLgH2laJrDDszqM64O0Sj9G0PtMNwDsiqq2wB4gwN1a7amBiDHqOVUSl591F1HcrDsMTvRqIYjiw%3D%3D
  • RC7RC7

Of course.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    NO Hiddleston. No Stevens. No Cumberbatch. No Madden/Hathrington /any other twit that happens to be in game of thongs for five minutes before a dragon eats them

YES: Turner. Norton. Goode. Harry Lloyd. Jack Davenport. Idris! Charlie Hunnam. Jamie Dornan.

The Hiddleston thing REALLY annoys me because it's SO bloody TELEGRAPHED. There are entire shots in Night Manager DESIGNED to ECHO that Bond 'feel' / look. Frankly, you could take anyone in that part and generate Bond vibes in the media, especially when timed against HIGH RISE (In which Hiddleston is depicted in suits a lot and infiltrating a bad guy's layer). Nice guy /fine actor. MOVIE STAR? JAMES BOND? IMHO: no and shame it's now so bloody easy to be touted as Bond!

Agreed, in sofar as actors out there right now, those named, and those we keep an eye on: no one's ready. Nothing against their talent, I just think it's the talent they will be compared to, DC.

Yes, DC was that good in the role, and to re-cast will be a helluva job.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,971
    Hey, I just realised Aidan Turner is a carbon copy of a young Lee Van Cleef. He captures that menace that Cleef had down to a tee. If you compare them on their eyes, they are almost identical. It really shocked me when I saw it. I wonder what this means for how Turner might choose to interpret the character of Bond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'm sorry Turner just isn't doing it for me. Too young right now maybe but not much presence. My opinion though.

Yea more a brute like Craig but I still lean toward Hardy. Hiddleston another favorite of mine too.
    but, but, but... :((
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    but, but, but... :((

~O) ...peace coffee
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Woow really yes to Dornan?
    Sorry im surprised you said yes to him. I thought the main picks were more oriented to someone like Craig. So someone thinking about him as Bond surprises me even more after he failed to the impress as the swoon worthy Christian Grey.

He impressed the producers and got the job right after Charlie decided to quit which is also one of your yes options as Bond.

It would be really interesting if those two were the two finalists to play Bond. Jamie is very Pierce Brosnan type which would make me very happy but Charlie Hunnam is like The guy to ply Bond.

You think like wow no one could make happy to all the Bond fans but Hunnam is your perfect mixture between Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig or Sean Connery and Roger Moore.

All the fans of all the Previous actors would be excited with him.

I could make a thread with a Changing tittle with each of the previous actors asking
    ( Pierce, Connery, Craig, Moore, Lazenby and Dalton Fans ) would you be happy with Charlie Hunnam as Bond ?
    And i could bet everyone will say yes definitely.

and everyone would answer yes.

Mendes, whats the matter with you? You are more of a crazy fan then I am. ;))
    We get it, you want him. Turner all the way.

Lets go with Dornam and DCs legacy as best or second best Bond is save for years to come. As is with some of the others mentioned.

It would be interesting to see, if weasly Hiddle can make the wave. I still say no, but women are crazy people sometimes :D , so who knows.
  • http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/7000520/Poldark-star-Aidan-Turner-jets-to-LA-for-Bond-talks.html
    POLDARK’S Aidan Turner has jetted to LA where he is holding talks about becoming the next James Bond.

The Irish actor has been hotly tipped as the new 007 when Daniel Craig hangs up his tuxedo.

But Aidan — who sent pulses racing when he appeared shirtless on BBC1’s Cornish drama last year — will have fierce competition from Brit stars including Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.

Aidan flew to the States last week after wrapping filming on the second series of Poldark.

Series producer Karen Thrussell set tongues wagging about his Bond prospects when she collected his Breakthrough Award at the Broadcasting Press Guild awards in London on Friday.

She said knowingly of Aidan’s trip to LA: “I am sure it is nothing to do with James Bond, but we will see.” It was the TV hunk’s most recent turn in BBC1’s And Then There Were None that caught the eye of Bond producer Barbara Broccoli.

A source said: “Aidan has held preliminary talks with Bond producers and being in LA will give him a further chance to discuss the role.”

Hmmm...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I smell bullshit.
    Totally made up, but it will make Mendes happy ;)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,151
    If it comes from The Sun then I smell plenty of bullshit. The worst possible rag.
    Its just PR from thst woman, but who knows, its not impossible, they see him as an option.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Maybe The Sun has hacked Aidan's phone. ;)
    The Sun and co are willing PR machines dor all, who care to use them.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If I was an actor, I'd be "leaking" a few stories about "Bond talks" too. :D
    No official word, so no one can contradict it.
    Seems The Sun has the inside scoop on this one. =D>

I'm so happy with this news, I cannot believe its really happening! :x <:-P 8->
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seems The Sun has the inside scoop on this one. =D>

I'm so happy with this news, I cannot believe its really happening! :x <:-P 8->

Haha! Dream on.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I never thought of Aidan Turner before he was suggested here.

BUT being a huge fan of Mitchell the Vampire (Being Human) I can see that he would be a good fit for Bond.
    He is very underrated as an actor. In Being Human he delivered everything: camp, humour, suave, sinister, dark, violent, angry, charming.

I'd see him as a perfect mix between Brosnan, Moore and Connery.

He still is young and people tend to overlook that fact when looking for a new potential Bond.
    Just look at Craig aged 30-35, he looked, well....not Bond at all.

Turner also would be a more realistic choice than Hiddleston (caught up in Avengers movies), Elba (old, way too old), Fassbender (too famous already), Hardy (probably not interested, too famous), Cavill (Supes can't be Bond, period.)

Dan Stevens could be a realistic choice as well. Still my favourite, but Turner closing in and fast.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Number 1 rule about an Actor who wants to be Bond, Bond will find you, you wont find Bond.

You tell the press you want to be Bond, chances are you won't.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 2,138
    I looked at all the options before, I went Hiddleston, Turner, Eamonn Elliot.

Then..Someone said a while back Nicholas Hoult, I laughed thinking "WTF the kid from About a Boy really??" but unknowing older he has hit the Gym grown in to fine specimen, and after seeing "Kill All your Friends" which is pretty much his Layer Cake, he just captures the screen, he has dry humour, expresses emotion in his face. He is a top actor perfect for the job. I take it all back. Nicholas Hoult is the man for me

http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/gallery/2015NicholasHoult_Feature2_DC_291015.jpg
    I suggested Nicholas Hoult a while ago and got told off :))

@SirHilaryBray

Hoult is very talented, his body of work is very impressive and he is only 26 years old!

Skins, X-Men movies, Warm Bodies, Jack and the Giants, Mad Max Fury Road, Kill Your Friends.
    He was always good-looking but now he also has the body for Bond. When he hits 30 he'll be perfect for Bond!

@SirHilaryBray

Hoult is very talented, his body of work is very impressive and he is only 26 years old!

Skins, X-Men movies, Warm Bodies, Jack and the Giants, Mad Max Fury Road, Kill Your Friends.
    He was always good-looking but now he also has the body for Bond. When he hits 30 he'll be perfect for Bond!

In "Kill All Your Friends!, he shows the same range of acting as Dan, he acts with his face, he can be dark sinister, arrogant, obnoxious and then turn on the charm, friendliness and be funny . I thought he was tremendous, commands the screen super cool and confident.
    Aidan is quickly becoming the frontrunner, I can feel it! \:D/

@SirHilaryBray

In "Kill All Your Friends!, he shows the same range of acting as Dan, he acts with his face, he can be dark sinister, arrogant, obnoxious and then turn on the charm, friendliness and be funny . I thought he was tremendous, commands the screen super cool and confident.

I haven't seen Kill Your Friends, but I just realised, it's on iTunes for purchase :)
    I'll probably watch it tonight!
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,512
    With every episode of the Night Manager Hiddleston makes himself more and more the frontrunner. The character is suitably distanced from Bond, but showcases his ability perfectly and he has the cruel shades of Bond in his locker. He has a magnetism that you cannot teach, or tease out, it's innate. He's got the looks, a very distinctive voice, an ability to snap from composed to ferocious and most importantly he is always the magnetic focal point of every scene he is in. There is a moment in episode four when a character comments that 'everyone's attracted to you'. You buy it and that for me is Bond.

Turner has the look, no doubt, but I don't think he has that magnetism. In much the same way Dalton has the look, but lacks that indefinable charismatic streak that Connery had in spades. When I watched 'Then there were none' I never felt Turner elevated a scene or brought an electricity to the screen. Hiddleston brings it by the bucket load.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Just watch that little snippet from that NM sex scene. From what i see, it could have been everybody and then some doing it. I am ashamed of my sisters, that something so trivial can turn them on, like - give them some male (never mind who) - who f**** a gal against a wall and they go nuts. :-O

Watch it without tone and its even less interesting.