What Bond Games Would You Want Remade?

BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
edited March 2016 in 007 Gaming Posts: 3,000
(I searched here, on Google, and manually looked through the "007 Gaming" section and didn't find a similar thread. I apologize if I missed one)

I recently completed my collection of all the Bond games Goldeneye through 007 Legends, minus the PC version of Nightfire (only have the console version) and the PS3 version of QoS (only have third-person PS2 version), both of which are coming later. I started to think about which ones I'd like to see remade.

For me, it's not the good games I'd like remade, but the lesser ones. I'd like to see them fixed.

I'd like TND with an aiming system that doesn't make me want to weep and then die. Being able to switch to first-person view to aim was neat, but why in the world did they give the sight momentum and inertia? And I never want to speak of that skiing level again. Overall, it almost feels like an early prototype EON.

I'd like 007 Racing with levels more in the style of the driving sections from AUF, NF, EON, FRWL, and even the one from TND. Most of the levels in 007 Racing would have made more sense as on-foot levels, and most lacked the fast-paced, car chase feel of the superior driving sections of the other games. Perhaps if they hadn't tried to make it a unified story-line they would've had more freedom with level design and objectives. Maybe make it a medley of some of the best driving scenes from the movies (like a driving 007 Legends, but not awful).

I'd like to see 007 Legends done in a style that was not a Call of Duty clone, did not have any quick-time events, and didn't rely on no-longer-available DLC. Basically, I want the concept to be reused, but everything else to be scrapped. (That said, I did actually like the OHMSS and LTK sections).

Although it's not likely to happen, what Bond games would you like to see remade and why?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd like TND to be remade in the style of 007 Everything or Nothing and to be just as long.

Perhaps an HD remaster of 007 Nightfire with Pierce voiceing the lines. It's just offputting seeing his face but not hearing his voice come from it.

And lastly maybe a remake of 007 Agent Under Fire with more levels and improved controls.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'd like TND to be remade in the style of 007 Everything or Nothing and to be just as long.

Perhaps an HD remaster of 007 Nightfire with Pierce voiceing the lines. It's just offputting seeing his face but not hearing his voice come from it.

And lastly maybe a remake of 007 Agent Under Fire with more levels and improved controls.

All of that sounds good. There was the fan-made remake of the multiplayer from Nightfire called Nightfire: Source, but I don't know if that is still available. They did the same with Goldeneye N64 multiplayer (they call it Goldeneye: Source) and that is still available online for free. It has a pretty active community of players too.
    007 Legends. Just like a total do-over. Less mass killing, little more stealth/hallways.