SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Yes, some people here still don't get it how much of a success Spectre was, we are talking TB, GF and yes SF territory.

That must be a very bitter pill to swallow for some as it seems if reading through the various "SP is crap" discussions.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't want Bond to die. No I'm not the biggest fan of SP, but I did want it to do well.

And it did.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Did it ever. =D>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Again, to those who don't see SP as a success are simply stuck in the SF box office mindset, where now each subsequent release will have to do better than its predecessor to be deemed a success, for some reason. I think the world of 007 will be just fine with a near $900 million overall take, plus the countless more millions it'll receive from the blu-ray/DVD/digital release.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Is like expecting every Bond after TB to break records. SF was another huge hit, but
    Now it's back to normal. Every Bond has been successful, so I don't expect any changes
    Happening to that record. :)
    But I think part of the disappointment of some of SP detractors is that had the film been better in a majority of the audience's and critics' eyes then the BO would have matched or surpassed SF.

The elements of a traditional Bond film were all there and we were ready for them.

Just FOR SOME the film just didn't deliver the goods very well.

That must be a very bitter pill to swallow for some as it seems if reading through the various "SP is crap" discussions.

I know how James Cameron must be laughing according your views.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    mcdonbb wrote: »

And I genuinely feel sorry for them as I continue to enjoy the living daylights out of it...
    \m/
    chrisisall wrote: »

And I genuinely feel sorry for them as I continue to enjoy the living daylights out of it...
    \m/

And I'm truly glad :D ...if everyone hated it Bond would go bye bye and none of us want that.

Besides it's still Bond ..and I'm a Bond fan.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Besides it's still Bond ..and I'm a Bond fan.
    AHHHH, the classic PIZZA-like argument.
    I concur.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I like both pizza and Bond so also win win. :P
  • After last Thursday, 199.906 in North America
    After last Thursday, 199.906 in North America

I wanna bet the counter stops at 199,999.99 :-P

or...
    200,007.-

That would be hilarious.

A single dollar separating Spectre from what I would figure Sony/MGM/EON consider "successful" in North America.
    dalton wrote: »

That would be hilarious.

A single dollar separating Spectre from what I would figure Sony/MGM/EON consider "successful" in North America.

Idk.. I'll pitch in 50 cents if someone will match it.

007 dressed as a clown steps in to stop the counter hitting 200,000,000. Phew disaster averted again.
  • $199,921,501 as of Friday.

Screen count down to 16.
    Box office mojo has put the Friday estimate at 15000 from only 16 screens? That seems impossible high. Either Sony are figureling the total our its a misprint by boxofficemojo. I say 5000 should be more accurate?
    That'd be roughly $1,000 per screen, which seems like a lot of people still showing up to see this even though it's been out on blu-ray/DVD for a solid month.
    jamesdut wrote: »
    Box office mojo has put the Friday estimate at 15000 from only 16 screens? That seems impossible high. Either Sony are figureling the total our its a misprint by boxofficemojo. I say 5000 should be more accurate?

This is not unusual, in that when a film gets down to a lower theatre count, its actual box office takings per screening go up.
    I think its due down to the fact that people who are really willing to see the film, then are prepared to travel that bit further to see the film for a last time.

I really wish I could watch Spectre again at a cinema :(
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    That'd be roughly $1,000 per screen, which seems like a lot of people still showing up to see this even though it's been out on blu-ray/DVD for a solid month.

$938 per screen.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/
  • If there is some kind of bonus, maybe Sam Mendes, Daniel Craig and their whole families are buying a lot of tickets ... ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

$938 per screen.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

So, roughly $1,000 per screen, like I said? :D

The estimate, as of today, is $199,954,501.
  • SPECTRE leads Skyfall in one U.S. box office category:

http://bit.ly/1YND0S3
    SPECTRE leads Skyfall in one U.S. box office category:

http://bit.ly/1YND0S3

Thank you for that link, now we know it's almost only because of the US that Spectre didn't reach SF's BO.

In Europe and other territories, SP was doing almost as good as SF, in some countries even better.

SP also was in many European countries the most successful movie of the year, and by a large margin in many, beating movies like Avengers or Jurassic World.

Puts things in perspective.

SP may just be the most successful Bond movie of our lifetime together with SF.

EON did everything right.
  • Next week, SP will get its "perfectly round figures" in North America.
    It just needs another week like this one to cross the $200m mark.

Considering it is out on blu ray I find the longevity surprising. I'm impressed with those still making the effort to go see it.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 389
    vzok wrote: »
    It just needs another week like this one to cross the $200m mark.

Considering it is out on blu ray I find the longevity surprising. I'm impressed with those still making the effort to go see it.

Maybe Sony is advertising and promoting SP in that few areas where the movie is still running. Now, it seems SP is going to make 200 million sooner (next weekend) or later (in a couple of weeks).