Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) When announced, we'll all be frantically on google, looking him up. :D
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    You can bet your bottom dollar that as we speak they (Eon) are researching likely actors. They have to, until such time as Craig commits.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    NicNac wrote: »
    You can bet your bottom dollar that as we speak they (Eon) are researching likely actors. They have to, until such time as Craig commits.

This excites me. Imagine a Turner/Campbell Bond 25 ticket. The film of my dreams. I-)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm sure they've gone a little further than researching actors. It would be stupid of them not to, given Craig's stated ambivalence toward the role for some time now.

I hope Babs has had the good sense to at least audition potential actors by now.
  • lefraik wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/07/next-james-bond-tom-hardy-tom-hiddleston-idris-elba

The Guardian asks the question: Who should be the next James Bond? 6 contenders are presented, and no surprises here.

Damian Lewis would be an interresting choice in the case of a back to "Gentleman Bond" a bit like Moore (without the creepy bad jokes) but as for Elba he would be 46/47 for Bond 25 so too old and therefore out of the game imho. Besides if Elba get the job, media will make him "Black Bond" and that will bothered me even if I have aboslutely no problem with the idea of having a Bond Black.

Tom Hardy I'm affraid is too "Craig style" physically speaking and I think if we have a new actor we also should have a new Bond. Moore tried to be Connery in his first two movies and it didn't work that well. Also the jokes weren't the best part of Dalton's films.

Henry Cavill, let him be Superman in Snyder's shit (Yeah I think that Man of Steel is awfull :) ).

Tom Hiddleston could be great I believe even if there's something weird with his face, I don't know it's very personnal can't really explain.

And finally...Aidan well still have to see how he can play but he looks great on pics :)

Ugh, the gentleman Bond thing again. The boring soft version of the character.

If by Craig style you mean tough and cool, I'll take that any day of the week.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,311
    Since Babs and our own Germanlady seem to have the same taste in men, I guess it is safe to sort out Damian Lewis for good.

By the way, even though this is the Next James Bond thread, I am surprised that nobody is adamant that Craig should return. It almost feels like it really is a good time for a change of lead actor.
    Since Babs and our own Germanlady seem to have the same taste in men, I guess it is safe to sort out Damian Lewis for good.

By the way, even though this is the Next James Bond thread, I am surprised that nobody is adamant that Craig should return. It almost feels like it really is a good time for a change of lead actor.

nope I am Adamant Craig should stay!
  • I think Craig is a damn good Bond and hopefully will come back again.
    lefraik wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/07/next-james-bond-tom-hardy-tom-hiddleston-idris-elba

The Guardian asks the question: Who should be the next James Bond? 6 contenders are presented, and no surprises here.

Damian Lewis would be an interresting choice in the case of a back to "Gentleman Bond" a bit like Moore (without the creepy bad jokes) but as for Elba he would be 46/47 for Bond 25 so too old and therefore out of the game imho. Besides if Elba get the job, media will make him "Black Bond" and that will bothered me even if I have aboslutely no problem with the idea of having a Bond Black.

Tom Hardy I'm affraid is too "Craig style" physically speaking and I think if we have a new actor we also should have a new Bond. Moore tried to be Connery in his first two movies and it didn't work that well. Also the jokes weren't the best part of Dalton's films.

Henry Cavill, let him be Superman in Snyder's shit (Yeah I think that Man of Steel is awfull :) ).

Tom Hiddleston could be great I believe even if there's something weird with his face, I don't know it's very personnal can't really explain.

And finally...Aidan well still have to see how he can play but he looks great on pics :)

Ugh, the gentleman Bond thing again. The boring soft version of the character.

If by Craig style you mean tough and cool, I'll take that any day of the week.

About the Craig/Hardy comparison it was, indeed, not a bad thing but I feel like we should have something different. If it's too close we would say "Yeah it's like Craig he doesn't bring anything more/new" But it's just my opinion :)

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Was Daniel Craig's name ever on a betting list before he was cast in 2005?
    I don't recall. Looking at a couple of lists it's all a bit hit and miss. Some of these people aren't even actors, and even the ones with high odds are they seriously being considered one has to wonder.
    http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/hollywood/james-bond

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/hollywood/james-bond?ev_oc_grp_ids=21573

Tom Hardy
    Damian Lewis
    Idris Elba
    Aidan Turner
    Tom Hiddleston
    James Norton
    Michael Fassbender

Seem to be the bookies favourites. But are they on EON's list. That I suppose is something we'll just have to wait and see. Craig was a shock casting when he was announced, maybe the next Bond will be as well.
    As to whether Daniel Craig returns as Bond I think it's a 50/50 bet at the moment. With little news on Bond 25 it's easy for tabloids and forums to run rampant with speculation.
    No harm in guessing and a little fun to pass the time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I have a feeling the next Bond will be more of a household name than DC.

DC was cast to reboot and to make a marked change from the past. That was the whole point of him. He was a big risk and bet.

This time around there is no reason for a big change. In fact, they may want continuity of sorts with the casting (in terms of character if not physical attributes). So less risky moves this time imho.

How about Adam Ant?

• edited March 2016 Posts: 1,817
    Googled Damian Lewis. Ew.

Of the recent names Aidan Turner is the best. I would not mind him as Bond.

Hiddleston is ingrained in Marvel. And he doesn't have the rough quality to be Bond. The others are too old to start being Bond except for Norton since he's thirty, but I would take Turner over him.

He was brought up somewhere in the pages buried beneath here so I'll bring up Oliver Jackson-Cohen again.

the-killer.jpg

With the advantage that he is relatively unknown and isn't ingrained in other roles.

Faster is his critically less-well received counterpart to DC's Layer Cake.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I think with DC Babs sprung a surprise on us, but it will be more difficult to that with his successor as Dan has 'widened' the scope of actors that will now be considered.
    Still don't think it'll be any of the names mentioned, unless they blow EoN away in a screentest...
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2016 Posts: 5,131
    I remain adamant that Craig should and will return. He hope he simply wants to negotiate a better pay day and flexibility in the shooting schedule.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    I remain adamant that Craig should and will return. He hope he simply wants to negotiate a better pay day and flexibility in the shooting schedule.

I don't think, his decision will have to do anything with more money. He gets - and knows that - his fair share already. And regarding schedule. He knows, they will have to start end of next year. There is nothing to negotiate.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Craig may be holding out to see what distributor; what script; what director.... he may be weighing all that before he makes a final decision.

I think I understand that Craig has an option to do a fifth.

Would be troubling if he drops out because of script even though I don't always agree with Craig's vision of Bond.
    We should know something in the next 12 months... :!! :-w :-\"
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I'm afraid not.

I don't expect a sign of life from EON before Autumn 2017.

I'm afraid not.

What makes you think that? I think, its save to say, there is a big chance, they will start shooting by then. So if they take their time, autumn 16.

I'm afraid not.

WTF?! That's insane. EON, stop sitting on your thumbs please, thank you.

Some one wake me up when September comes. (:| I-)
    Casting a new Bond will alone take a year, if they start this summer...go calculate.

If Craig stays the next Bond movie could be announced somewhere early next year.

2016 is somewhat unrealistic.
    they announced the Director and release date of Spectre Summer 2013 (july to be exact)
    they announced the first set of writers for Skyfall july 2009

I suspect this summer we will get something regarding bond 25
    Risico007 wrote: »
    they announced the Director and release date of Spectre Summer 2013 (july to be exact)

I-) ...! :-O wow, that was quick.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Casting a new Bond will alone take a year, if they start this summer...go calculate.

If Craig stays the next Bond movie could be announced somewhere early next year.

2016 is somewhat unrealistic.

Unless, they already know exactly who they want and have already contacted and locked in that actor, likely, no, but possible

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Googled Damian Lewis. Ew.

Of the recent names Aidan Turner is the best. I would not mind him as Bond.

Hiddleston is ingrained in Marvel. And he doesn't have the rough quality to be Bond. The others are too old to start being Bond except for Norton since he's thirty, but I would take Turner over him.

He was brought up somewhere in the pages buried beneath here so I'll bring up Oliver Jackson-Cohen again.

the-killer.jpg

With the advantage that he is relatively unknown and isn't ingrained in other roles.

Faster is his critically less-well received counterpart to DC's Layer Cake.

Seems like a plausible choice.
    He certainly has the looks, but is he a good enough actor? I've seen Faster and can't even remember him.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Risico007 wrote: »

Skyfall was originally going to come out in 2011 though. So on that basis we should get that sort of info around summer 2016 assuming a late 2018 release.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,969
    They will have a press conference in December 2017, with all the cast and crew there. That means we should start to hear "news", at least something for us to speculate on, a good 4 to 6 months before that. It's Likely there will be plenty of twists and turns in this "will he, won't he" narrative the press has going. It might seem like along time, but there will be enough going on to keep things interesting. Plus, waiting is half the fun. >:)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    as I questioned in the Daniel Craig Appreciation thread: with evidence of him traveling as the face of 007 for Bollinger (Germanlady provided the links to the instagram video and pic), is it safe to assume that DC is still 007?