Bring back the AR-7 for OO7!

edited February 2016 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 21
US-Survival-AR7-Rifle.png

I, apparently like many others, enjoy the allusions in the Craig films to the earlier films: Aston Martin DB 5, Walther PPK, Rolex Submar... er, oops! ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/spoilers-easter-eggs-references/

One of the most iconic guns used by Connery was the AR-7 (as seen in the Youtube videos linked below). I'd like to see them bring back the AR-7! (Now manufactured by Henry Rifles: https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/u-s-survival-ar-7/ )

Of course, it does not have to play as important a role as it did in FRWL. But they could stash one in a MI-6 snowmobile, motorcycle saddlebag, ATV, plane, boat, 4x4, ATV, whatever, and Bond grabs it, uses it and then moves on. (An AR-7 also had a small role in GF and OHMSS.)

I think the fans would get a kick out of it. :D

What do YOU think???

Comments

• Hickok45 just posted a video T&E yesterday and likes the new Henry AR-7: functions perfectly and shoots accurately!

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Its a neat gun and definitely a classic in the Bond franchise, but I just have a hard time picturing a spy in this day and age using a rifle chambered in 22lr.
    Im not a big fan of this gun it looks like a pellet gun or something. So I would be against it coming back I'd rather see the gun he had in the end of CR and in the beginning of QOS make a return.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd love to see Bond use a Red Jacket. It could be the modern equivilant to the AR-7

f365bdb8095f6953ab3ce18a02a2c892.jpg

that gun does look badass Murdock I would totally be down for that.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I know nothing about firearms, but that's a cool looking gun. :)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Wow !, that's even smaller than I first thought it was. :)
    Is that the gun that little punk kid used in RoboCop 2? I thought that was so cool, and perfect for a spy when you think about it.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    I'd love to see Bond use a Red Jacket. It could be the modern equivilant to the AR-7

Doesn't Bond use something like this in the PTS of SP??
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »

Doesn't Bond use something like this in the PTS of SP??
    Nope, that was a customized Glock 17, which takes time to convert to such a weapon. And it can't be concealed unlike Magpul FMG9.

KPOS_G17.jpg
    Sorry for showing my ignorance but is that basically a hand gun, in
    a conversion kit. To become a short rifle ?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Which one, Thunder? The one in Spectre? Yes, you could say that.
    Yes the Glock 17 from SP, from the photo I was wondering if it was a purpose built rifle
    or a housing to place a hand gun in, to transform it in to a rifle. Looks cool though.