Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

1169170171172173175»

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Other than on 'The Graham Norton Show', has he performed the song live anywhere else? Or has he gone demo, Norton, Oscars?
    Massive congrats to Sam Smith!!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I read that Sam said it is just a very difficult song for him to sing (due to the highest notes).
    I read that Sam said it is just a very difficult song for him to sing (due to the highest notes).

He could have changed the key if that was the case.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Or at least take the keys out of his pockets ! ;) ( give a bit more room )
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Live singing is not an easy task.
    Some of the most rewarded singers have difficulty singing flawlessly.

Just watch Adele belt out Skyfall live. Just horrifying.

In fact I'd go so far to say, that of all the Bond theme singers, only Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones give flawless live version of the Bond song.

There are great live versions of A View To A Kill and GoldenEye around. But that's about it. As far as I know, in terms of truly great live performances.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Anyway, people will always want a Bassey type singer. That is nostalgia for you - and truly classic music. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I personally dislike Gaga, but she can really sing. I wouldn't discount her outright; it depends upon the quality of the song, as usual. So important: the songwriting
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Even Sir Tom lowered the key to TB when he sang it live.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Apropos Shirley Bassey:

This is by far the greatest Bond theme never realised as such and one of the best songs of the 00's.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O9c_qOpiPSk"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>