No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Pierce2Daniel, here are two good spots for SP screencaps:

http://screenmusings.org/movie/hd/Spectre/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/antovolk/albums/72157656192638072/page1

Unfortunately, there isn't a massive amount of images out there yet. Of course, since the Blu-ray did only just come out, maybe with more time we'll get more.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

See that's why they don't bother with special features :(
    Now the real question is when the SPECTRE ultimate edition artwork eill be released!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mjd78 wrote: »
    Now the real question is when the SPECTRE ultimate edition artwork eill be released!!!

We've still got a month until April Fools, mate, but I like your enthusiasm for the occasion.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I have a question for all you guys. How is this thread still going? =))
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694

Because you keep posting in it, @PropertyOfALady!

In all seriousness, there seems to be three main groups actively posting in this thread, giving it continued life:

Group 1: The Newsies- These members use their time on the forum to post news about the SP Blu-ray and how it's selling worldwide, reporting on its success and what it means for future Bond disc releases. They remain a mostly neutral party in the battle over whether or not the Blu-ray is worthy or not.

Party leader: @Red_Snow

Group 2: The Magpies-These members openly share their love for the disc release of SP, flaunting its presentation. They are willing to accept the fact that the special features are near nonexistent and underwhelming, drowning themselves in a number of shiny separate steelbook purchases of the Blu-ray in some twisted form of hedonism.

Party leader: @Gustav_Graves

Group 3: The Anti-Blu Brigade-These members use most of their time to rip EON a new one for allowing such a substandard disc release to be brought forth to the public. They sight the lack of any new content beyond the feature showing a behind the scenes look at the PTS as the crux of the issue, and condemn the copy and pasted YouTube videoblogs and lack of commentary as unacceptable.

Party leader: @TheWizardOfIce

I think you can guess which group I owe my allegiances to. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) will there ever be peace between the groups ? ....... we can only hope.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,325

In all seriousness, there seems to be three main groups actively posting in this thread, giving it continued life:

Group 1: The Newsies- These members use their time on the forum to post news about the SP Blu-ray and how it's selling worldwide, reporting on its success and what it means for future Bond disc releases. They remain a mostly neutral party in the battle over whether or not the Blu-ray is worthy or not.

Group 2: The Magpies-These members openly share their love for the disc release of SP, flaunting its presentation. They are willing to accept the fact that the special features are near nonexistent and underwhelming, drowning themselves in a number of shiny separate steelbook purchases of the Blu-ray in some twisted form of hedonism.

Group 3: The Anti-Blu Brigade-These members use most of their time to rip EON a new one for allowing such a substandard disc release to be brought forth to the public. They sight the lack of any new content beyond the feature showing a behind the scenes look at the PTS as the crux of the issue, and condemn the copy and pasted YouTube videoblogs and lack of commentary as unacceptable.

I find myself somewhere between group 2and group 3.
    I'd have to say I'm in group 3. I think it's just a lazy effort on the last few releases as far as special features go. As long as they are selling the Blurays and DVDs like hotcakes, we will most likely be stuck with barebone releases for a while.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sadly I agree. :(
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I guess I'm mainly in Group 2.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm definitely in group 3, but I wouldn't say I'm anti-blu, mainly anti-laziness/anti-incompetency. For a series going this long, there's just no reason why another installment in the series should ship in a barebones style like this for the fans. Hopefully they get their act together the next time around, but I won't be surprised if that isn't the case. Still happy to own it on blu-ray, though!
    Compared to the special features they made for the 40th Anniversary for all 20 movies the Craig-era "special features" are an insult.

But then I'm accustomed to that kind of release politics so I don't openly complain. Some of the best television shows get bare bones DVD releases, it's a crying shame.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Honoured as I am to be nominated to lead the 'We're Sick Of EON Taking Us For Granted' party I've still gone and bought the Kimchi Steelbook like a mug punter. Is that a resigning issue?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @TheWizardOfIce, each of us was going to get the Blu-ray release at some point anyway, regardless of our umbrage towards its lesser aspects, so the throne is still very much yours, my good sir. Of course, we still don't have to be proud of what we got. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Honoured as I am to be nominated to lead the 'We're Sick Of EON Taking Us For Granted' party I've still gone and bought the Kimchi Steelbook like a mug punter. Is that a resigning issue?

At least the detail that went into it seems to be leagues better than the standard, public blu-ray/DVD release.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Creasy47 wrote: »

At least the detail that went into it seems to be leagues better than the standard, public blu-ray/DVD release.

Just a shame they can't do anything about the disc.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 847
    Now, it's a perfect time for a VHS release ! :

http://www.commander007.net/2016/04/spectre-debarque-vhs/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh man that takes me back. This would be a better VHS cover for Spectre. :D
    V96KUJwl.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    V96KUJwl.jpg

You are really talented. This looks so real and I like it.

Those images of Craig in the snowy landscapes and with those winter clothing still gives me goosebumps.
    I'm so glad Craig got his snow sequence like all his predecessors before.
    Alone for that I can't regard Spectre highly enough!
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    V96KUJwl.jpg

You are really talented. This looks so real and I like it.

Those images of Craig in the snowy landscapes and with those winter clothing still gives me goosebumps.
    I'm so glad Craig got his snow sequence like all his predecessors before.
    Alone for that I can't regard Spectre highly enough!

This reminds me somewhat of the cover used on the VHS of OHMSS circa 1996-2000 and the orginal Special Edition DVD - Bond in blue jacket in snowy climate, and holding a PPK with leather glove

http://www.catawiki.com/catalog/dvd-video-blu-ray/carriers/vhs-video-tape/908475-on-her-majesty-s-secret-service

http://www.amazon.com/On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service/dp/B000LY4J3E

I remember when I first got GoldenEye on VHS and there were images of all the covers for the other Bonds inside and I thought Lazenby looked Asian from that picture cos of the way that he's squinting his eyes!
    Funny you should mentioned that, I stole Lazenby's gun arm from that OHMSS cover and matched it seamlessly to Craig's coat. ;)
    Funny you should mentioned that, I stole Lazenby's gun arm from that OHMSS cover and matched it seamlessly to Craig's coat. ;)

I thought you might have done :)
    @Murdock

VHS was before my time. But I bought all the LaserDisc James Bond movie up to TND in the nineties :) That was my first medium to watch movies.

I wouldn't have noticed that you borrowed Lazenby's arm. Damn you are good! It looks so real!
  • RC7RC7
    @Murdock

VHS was before my time. But I bought all the LaserDisc James Bond movie up to TND in the nineties :) That was my first medium to watch movies.

I wouldn't have noticed that you borrowed Lazenby's arm. Damn you are good! It looks so real!

Before your time? Aren't you in your forties?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 16,328
    Delete.

I'm don't have my thinking cap on today. :))
    RC7 wrote: »
    @Murdock

Before your time? Aren't you in your forties?

Born 1974 yes. But we never had VHS movies at home and by 1990 we had a LaserDisc Player.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Looks great on Bluray and is very re-watchable. Watching it at home I realised how quick the 2 and a half hrs go by.
    Extras get worse with each successive Bond release. (Remember the in-depth documentary on the DAD DVD?)
    The real disappointment is the lack of a director commentary as Mendes's one for Skyfall was excellent.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Looks great on Bluray and is very re-watchable. Watching it at home I realised how quick the 2 and a half hrs go by.
    Extras get worse with each successive Bond release. (Remember the in-depth documentary on the DAD DVD?)
    The real disappointment is the lack of a director commentary as Mendes's one for Skyfall was excellent.

It looks and sounds great on Blu Ray. I really loved it in the cinema and it's 2 and half hours flew by. So I was quite surprised how it seemed to be boring on second and third viewing on Blu Ray.