Should EON lose the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just so long as they do it in time to the soundtrack. :D
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hard to hear over Fleming spinning faster and counterclockwise.

Quite so.
    Bond teams up with 009, at first they don't get on. As 009 is a bit of a slob,
    but they grow to respect each other, even going in a fishing trip up in the
    mountains. :D it basically writes itself.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    After all the references we got to him in SP, we have to see 009 if Dan returns! He's got to be real upset with Bond at this point.
    :)) being serious ( in case anyone thinks my suggestions were ) I'd love to see at least one scene with a bit of word play between 007 and 009.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My suggestions were dead serious <:-P
    maybe
    :))
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    IMO they should have never gotten them back.
    SPECTRE is a lazy and uninspired title.
    Blofeld and his organization were ridicolous and not menacing at all.
    I'm glad Fleming hasn't live to see such awful a movie.
    Bond 24 should have dealt with QUANTUM and that's it.
    Bond having to take on Blofeld and his genetically enhanced chimps, during
    the biggest earthquake in San Francisco's history. As terrorists attack London
    leading to the MI6 office staff fighting on the streets, just as the Alien invasion
    begins....... now that has Oscar written all over it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Walecs wrote: »
    IMO they should have never gotten them back.
    SPECTRE is a lazy and uninspired title.
    Blofeld and his organization were ridicolous and not menacing at all.
    I'm glad Fleming hasn't live to see such awful a movie.
    Bond 24 should have dealt with QUANTUM and that's it.

I kind of agree with this.

They had the chance and opportunity to really turn SPECTRE and Blofeld into a shit-scary cult type illuminati type organisation but alas they dropped their pants too soon, nutted in record time and shat the bed also.

With the quantum organisation, what was shown of them and alluded to in QoS was far more effective and intriguing than what we got with SP. Bond 25 has its work cut out to make things right.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    With the quantum organisation, what was shown of them and alluded to in QoS was far more effective and intriguing than what we got with SP. Bond 25 has its work cut out to make things right.

Couldn't agree more. Quantum was a far more effective organization than SPECTRE as presented in the latest film.
  • I have to get rid of this doubt once and for all: Did McClory have the rights to produce a series of independent Bond films with original screenplays or he just would have remade TB again and again, ad nauseam, until the moniker "Project Warhead"?
    dalton wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Quantum was a far more effective organization than SPECTRE as presented in the latest film.

Exactly. That's why I'll always take QoS over SPECTRE.
    Spectre, controlling drugs and people trafficking into the forced sex trade, or
    "Leisure industry" as they spoke of. I think spectre was plenty scary. The look of
    fear on any spectre member when having to approach Blofeld. I enjoyed it anyway.
    Don't tell but instead show.
    It was very similar to the meeting in TB. One member killed before everyone else, to
    Keep them on their toes. As with Spectre another meeting, but a much more " Hands
    on " killing, and this time it wasn't even a thief but a loyal member ! ;) so in my book
    Much more evil.
    I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion, just passing the time in a bit of Bond banter
    Don't tell but instead show.

This.
    Show don't tell is rule #1 of storytelling.
    Must be why picture books are so popular ? ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Murdock wrote: »

Sorry, we all make spelling mistakes from time to time. Based on your username I'm guessing 12 is your age? ;)

In these educationally devalued times you should know that no 12 year old would recognize the error.

Dragonpol has already tried that childish insult btw. My response is on my 'wall'.

The writing's on the wall for you too - three fabricated topics, three locks. Will there be a fourth? I certainly hope not.
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry, we all make spelling mistakes from time to time. Based on your username I'm guessing 12 is your age? ;)

In these educationally devalued times you should know that no 12 year old would recognize the error.

Dragonpol has already tried that childish insult btw. My response is on my 'wall'.

The writing's on the wall for you too - three fabricated topics, three locks. Will there be a fourth? I certainly hope not.

2 fabricated topics actually. Get your facts right mate.

Dragonpol wrote: »

Well who's counting. You've admitted they were fabricated. Why should members here have to read such utter dung from you?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Off topic and you're baiting each other @Dragonpol and @Scaramanga12
    Go play* some place else or go to your room. *(Not on the forum)
  • Dragonpol wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Well who's counting. You've admitted they were fabricated. Why should members here have to read such utter dung from you?

Hmm you were when you claimed there were 3...

They don't have to read. There's no compulsion in Bond.

• @Benny I quite agree. @Dragonpol for some reason tried to derail this thread.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,727
    Well if this community is happy with blatant fabrication from members on more than one occasion so be it but don't expect me to remain a part of it indefinitely or to respect their judgement in the matter.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Good boys, then we can continue the discussion if EON should lose the rights to Blofeld and Spectre 8-|
    Good boys, then we can continue the discussion if EON should lose the rights to Blofeld and Spectre 8-|

Feel free to continue discussing something which will never happen.
    EoN waited years for McClory to kick the bucket. They're going to hold on very tight to the rights.
    The Bonds have never let me down so I don't want them to lose the rights.
    when I read some of the crazy ideas some fans have for the movies. I'm
    thankful for eon's steady hand.
    Well they need to use that hand and jerk out more films more quickly.
    Stop it! You're like boys with toys!