Bond girl 1 vs Bond girl 2: Sylvia Trench vs Honey Ryder

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
edited February 2016 in Actors Posts: 1,130
Which of these two Bond girls do you think gave a better performances and who do you think was more attractive.

In performance i think Sylvia definitely wins but in attractivness is a tie
Slylva had the prittier face but Honey Ryder had the better Body

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Szonana, I have taken the liberty to expand the title in order to make this thread about more than just the two girls from DN. Perhaps you are willing to host this thread and feed us another pair every couple of days?

For me, the better performance comes from Sylvia but in term of beauty, Honey gets the honey.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    In a way, these two fine women from the first Bond film set the tone for the franchise in so many ways.

Attractive, intelligent, mature Sylvia gets my vote for performance. She elicited the introduction of the decade from the man of the decade. In some ways, she reminds me of Vesper. English, slightly proper, and smart.

In terms of beauty, I'm a sucker for a girl in a bikini, so Honey wins that one quite firmly. There's a certain part of me that's very happy that Honey set the template for Bond girls throughout the 60's and beyond. Sometimes, it's best to keep it simple for us guys.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Aesthetically you'd couldn't not give it to Ursula but Honey seems rather naive.

Sylvia on the other hand is a filthy little minx turning up in that pyjama top and high heels at a blokes flat so she'd be far better value I think.

People say Bond films are sexist but here we have a women 50 odd years before Tinder who just wants sex and is not afraid to go out and get it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Both are beautiful women and I wouldn't say no to either of them but Sylvia gets my vote. She just comes off as potentially being better in the sack and her proactivity to accept an invitation scores her more points.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Szonana, I have taken the liberty to expand the title in order to make this thread about more than just the two girls from DN. Perhaps you are willing to host this thread and feed us another pair every couple of days?

For me, the better performance comes from Sylvia but in term of beauty, Honey gets the honey.

Thanks so much for doing it you gave it more notice and a bigger audience.
    I like what you did, thank you very much

Honey.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,151
    This is not an easy choice. On the one had we have the sultry, sexy siren that is Sylvia Trench and on the other we have the obvious beauty of Honey Ryder. This is, generally, something we see in a lot of Bond movies; a sexy woman in the smaller part of a Bond girl with an elegant beauty in the other. Ok, so not ALL of the movies follow this but plenty have, such as Solange and Vesper in CR, Lucia Sciarra and Madeleine in SP, Xenia and Natalya in GE and Miss Caruso and Solitaire in LALD, among others.

In this instance, I'd have to go with Sylvia, she's quite the match for Connery's 007; excellent, albeit short, performance.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Both wonderful characters, but Honey takes it for me. She is among my favourite Bond girls.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Honey is iconic. Sylvia too, but to a lesser degree.
    Honey Rider!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Love them both. I'm going with Honey though.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Honey for both, probably. Sylvia's really close, though.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Sylvia each and every time. Assured, classy and I have a weakness for brunettes with blue eyes...