What's the silliest thing(s) during the Moore era?

Close this thread if it already exists. I've seen discussions about the silliest things during the Connery and Craig era, but I thought, why not discuss the era which most people agrees to be the most silly one. I think there are two cases of "silliness". The first is "silly but funny" and the second is "silly and cringeworthy". Here are my picks, in no particular order:

The slide whistle in TMWTGG
Clown disguise in OP
Kananga's death in LALD
Tarzan yell in OP
Bond zooming in on a womans cleveage in Q's lab in OP
The bed scene with Bond and May Day in AVTAK
Jaws surviving everything that gets thrown at him in TSWLM and MR (I can buy him being kicked out of the train in the former but not the free fall during the PTS in the latter)

Comments

• augie7107augie7107 Boston
    I would have to say the Beach Boys in the AVTAK intro. Ruined an otherwise good beginning scene.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, we've already had this thread, as @Shark_0f_Largo pointed out in the link above.
    Silly sound effects and music from other movies.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The silliest things in the Moore era was to have the Lazenby and Connery films before him and
    The Dalton, Brosnan and Craig films after. :D Should have been all Roger ! :))
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    He does have a lot of low-rent humor ruining some otherwise great scenes, but I think the most cringeworthy things in the Moore era that just weren't funny in any capacity were the space lasers and Jaws in falling in love in Moonraker.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Anthrax wrote:
    Close this thread if it already exists. I've seen discussions about the silliest things during the Connery and Craig era, but I thought, why not discuss the era which most people agrees to be the most silly one. I think there are two cases of "silliness". The first is "silly but funny" and the second is "silly and cringeworthy". Here are my picks, in no particular order:

Clown disguise in OP
    Kananga's death in LALD
    Tarzan yell in OP
    Jaws surviving everything that gets thrown at him in TSWLM and MR (I can buy him being kicked out of the train in the former but not the free fall during the PTS in the latter)

Jaws generally in MR. Plus the henchman recruitment agency in MR.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,117
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Anthrax wrote:

Clown disguise in OP
    Kananga's death in LALD
    Tarzan yell in OP

Jaws generally in MR. Plus the henchman recruitment agency in MR.

Can we be sure that the guy he was speaking to about getting 'him' wasn't Blofeld and that TSWLM, MR and FYEO aren't all connected?

In FYEO the original line was 'The Italian tourist who looks at his bottle, Dolly, the double take pigeon - it was all me James.'

But they got cold feet in case McClory sued so changed it to 'delicatessen in stainless steel' at the last minute.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ha ha. :O)