IMPORTANT! Posting pictures on this forum

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well, there's always Canada if some of us feel our freedoms are being curtailed . I hear the copyright laws are a little more lax these days.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Good to know. I've been away from the forum for a few weeks. Came back just in time to learn this. Thanks for the info.
    Just to make sure: links to You Tube channels are fine but one should not imbed the video in a post, correct?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    eddychaput wrote: »
    Just to make sure: links to You Tube channels are fine but one should not imbed the video in a post, correct?

Correct.

@DarthDimi is also correct in that we're working on that movie currently. Gotta bed a few more execs first.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm working on my evil laugh as I type. And while I don't have a white cat, I do have a black/white Borador.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm working on my evil laugh as I type. And while I don't have a white cat, I do have a black/white Borador.

Hopefully it has a frickin' laser beam attached to its head.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Hopefully it has a frickin' laser beam attached to its head.

Early tests weren't good, he kept singeing his spuds.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm happy to play the role of von Hammerstein if anyone in Canada is interested. Just putting it out there.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    And I'd happily play one of Hammerstein's bimbos!

Are you a lady then? I never knew it!

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2016 Posts: 9,117
    DarthDimi wrote: »

People are on to us. We're sleeping with EON execs so that @Creasy47 can direct the next Bond film, based on a screenplay by @Benny and @NicNac, starring @MajorDSmythe as the evil Jason Morbees and DarthDimi as James Bond. Also, we're secretly in cahoots with Poetin so it's imperative that we silence our members with an iron fist. Comrades in edit buttons and all that.

Yeah I thought it must be something like that. There doesn't it feel good to confess and get it off your chest?
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yeah ... I'm starting to wonder, I found the Van der Zyl thread and posted but it mysteriously hasn't bumped to the top of 'recent discussions'. I was asking what the controversy/fuss is about regarding her. Since that thread isn't bumping, anyone care to enlighten me?

Well no doubt the people who run the site could tell you but then the mods would have to kill you.

If you read through the two Nikki threads it's pretty self explanatory I think.

Can't help feeling they've handled all this as ineptly as Nikkigate.

If they had posted something along the lines of 'Please remember only to post links to copyrighted material' then nothing more would have been said but for some inexplicable reason they decide to come out and say 'We don't care about anyone else's copyright just EON's' and the primary reason is apparently not because they're scared of getting sued but because they want to keep in EON's good books.

Wouldnt it be simpler just do a deal with EON and become the official site rather than this pretence of independence?

Oh well as long as it just stays at copyrighted material, which is fair enough, it's no biggie. We all signed up for it in the first place. It's when they start telling us 'EON would prefer you don't say Jinx is shit anymore' that they've properly lost the plot.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I thought we could add a Shakespearean element to the preceedings.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I thought we could add a Shakespearean element to the preceedings.

Ah, now I understand @MayDayDiVicenzo! :))

People are on to us. We're sleeping with EON execs so that @Creasy47 can direct the next Bond film, based on a screenplay by @Benny and @NicNac, starring @MajorDSmythe as the evil Jason Morbees and DarthDimi as James Bond. Also, we're secretly in cahoots with Poetin so it's imperative that we silence our members with an iron fist. Comrades in edit buttons and all that.

Yeah I thought it must be something like that. There doesn't it feel good to confess and get it off your chest?
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yeah ... I'm starting to wonder, I found the Van der Zyl thread and posted but it mysteriously hasn't bumped to the top of 'recent discussions'. I was asking what the controversy/fuss is about regarding her. Since that thread isn't bumping, anyone care to enlighten me?

Well no doubt the people who run the site could tell you but then the mods would have to kill you.

Never mess with the mods. I barely escaped the last message board community! Thank goodness for ejector seats.
    Check out this website for a good summary of how copyright law applies to online use: <url>http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/copyright-fair-use-and-how-it-works-for-online-images/</url>;

The copyright owner may:

1. Reproduce the copyrighted work
    2. Display the copyrighted work publicly
    3. Prepare derivative works based on the copyrighted work
    4. Distribute copies of the copyrighted work to the public by sale, rental or lending, and/or to display the image

Therefore the public may not infringe upon these rights, with the exceptions being public domain or a stock photo service such as a gif library, or fair use.

I think for the purposes of this website, the grey area is "fair use". Fair use states: "...for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright." Not sure if this site falls under any of those, and that a case could even be made. So I understand the need to kindly ask members from refraining from posting copyrighted material. I would think posting a copyrighted Star Wars image on the other hand though would also violate copyright law???

I'm curious to know if and when any of the Bond film material will become public domain. If I'm not mistaken it's 50's years for music copyright (don't quote me on that). Does anyone know? Does EON have the ability to retain any/all intellectual property, ie Blofeld, a character over 50 years old now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    JBFan626 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if and when any of the Bond film material will become public domain. If I'm not mistaken it's 50's years for music copyright (don't quote me on that). Does anyone know? Does EON have the ability to retain any/all intellectual property, ie Blofeld, a character over 50 years old now.
    I don't know much about copyright issues and public domain materials, but I found this interesting article:
    http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/public-domain/welcome/
    I would assume mi6 has some sort of relationship with EON, hence the insider news and access to exclusive photos. However I don't see any evidence that this is EON's official (unofficial) site, that they're pulling the strings, etc. In any good partnership, it's good to honor the rights of the other, hence the need to have (some) respect for copyrights on behalf of mi6 for any partnership it might have. So I certainly acknowledge and respect the MOD's polite ask to refrain from posting copyrighted material in order to keep this site going.

Afterall, this site is arguably one of the biggest and well known fan sites out there. So it's free advertising in a way for EON.

That said, the Nikki Van der Zyll thread was odd. I remember that. I can only assume there was something litigious between her and EON, maybe over royalties, and in that particular instance EON did in fact keep a close watch on any incriminating discussions on the matter. One can only speculate of course. It's a few years past though, so I don't see why it wouldn't be open for discussion now? Afterall she was the voice of Honey Ryder, Jill Masterson, and Domino.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

The only thing that stands between my guilt and absolution now is my date with Naomi Harris. Talk to you soon.
    I see that this forum has improved loads since the last time I was here. I don't enjoy rants, angst and hatred. I'm off again. This isn't about Bond. This is just people getting angry at each other.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    tigers99 wrote: »
    I see that this forum has improved loads since the last time I was here. I don't enjoy rants, angst and hatred. I'm off again. This isn't about Bond. This is just people getting angry at each other.

Welcome to the real world, Neo. :))
    Seriously though, have fun. It's all good no matter the venue. And this is a grand place to share ideas & watch pseudo-intellectual meltdowns. =))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I love a good pseudo-intellectual meltdown :D
    I see that this forum has improved loads since the last time I was here.

Indeed.
    I love a good pseudo-intellectual meltdown :D
    Are you mocking me? You may think you are the Sartre of these boards, but NO my friend! Delve deep into your soul, and find that cockroach of your existence cowering in a dark imprisoned corner, and embrace it; LOVE it, and you can set yourself FREE to soar above the clouds of oppression of internet discussion & mod fascist thread closure!! RISE UP! FLAG S**T!!!

Or... maybe just watch LTK 'cause it's cool....
    :D
    Chris, you ARE the wind beneath my wings ! ;)
    Chris, you ARE the wind beneath my wings ! ;)
    I love you my bro.

:x
    I see that this forum has improved loads since the last time I was here.

Indeed.

Indeed, your rather reasonable request @DarthDimi has met with a tirade of ridiculousness. Thanks for the original post, the mods do a good job on here :) and thanks for the advice for finding threads, it was very useful.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I blame Ian Fleming. Without his stupid books, there were would be no stupid films to post those stupid pictures from.
    You are right, sir.
    And without his dreadful legacy, women would be dreaming about you and me instead of about Craig and me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nightmares still count.
    Out of interest @DarthDimi , just what do you and Craig get up to
    in these dreams ? :D