IMPORTANT! Posting pictures on this forum

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi one day you will truly shock the world, and I'll remove my bearded Sir Rog avatar in protest! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,530
    @DaltonCraig007, I'm sure I shall. Next time I fart, I'll probably mess up Earth's climate for good and I shall henceforth be known as Darth Farter. :P
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2016 Posts: 7,526
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    We haven't forgotten the 2011 exodus, when people jumped ship only to crawl aboard another one but swiftly returned "just to say hi" and never left...

Hi.

I was surprised at the previous permissive attitude to begin with, as I still vividly remember (and abide) to the stricter regulations of the predecessor. A return to that is no sweat off my back, although the hot/cold tactics of copyright lawyers continue to puzzle me.

This reminds me that I joined the old place 12 years ago. I feel old.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Still, the Niki thing perplexed me...
    canofwormsisall
    :))
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    2011 exodus, eh? What happened?
    Man, the reaction to this from about 2/3 of commenters has been disgusting. Wiz, you made good points - a lot, actually - but don't take it out on Dimi.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Man, the reaction to this from about 2/3 of commenters has been disgusting. Wiz, you made good points - a lot, actually - but don't take it out on Dimi.

Not at all. Dimi is just following orders and even at Nuremberg a lot of those guys just got prison sentences rather than hanged.

It's the guys that give the orders who should be providing answers.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Still, the Niki thing perplexed me...
    canofwormsisall
    :))

Maybe one of us could try and bump the Nikki thread?!!?:)
    Er... wow.... just wow... can't believe this discussion is still going on, it wasn't that controversial a post was it?! Really. Its reactions like these that make me want to yawn and spend my internet time on something else - I'm on here to chat Bond not read a load of angst, you know.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is probably the biggest crisis of our entire lives.
    Well recently I only insert from other web never from my file in the computer, because I fine very hard to insert anything from my files.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    It's quite easy really, just respect other people's copyright ©, don't see a problem with that.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, folks, please get a grip on this issue. Some perspective is badly needed. It's certainly not the end of the world!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    We need the drums from the end of EastEnders to play ! :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    We need the drums from the end of EastEnders to play ! :D

Quite. It really is one of those "duff-duff" moments on our community. :D
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Thank you guys, for seeing it for what it is. It makes no real difference to our community. And in the grand scheme of things there are worse examples of infringement on human rights.
    I'm afraid that Amnesty International are not about to help the cause of disgruntled members here because they can't post a few piccies, so we can all move on.

And I hope it says something about the mod team here that we haven't closed this thread, but allowed it to remain for members to vent their spleen or otherwise.

Thanks again.
    You can't beat a good Vent :D even in LALD Bond did say...
    ... " Don't forget the double vents"

I've suddenly been overcome with the desire to watch LALD. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    NicNac wrote: »

I've suddenly been overcome with the desire to watch LALD. :D

Yes, @NicNac, I can see it clearly in the cards...

http://www.biddytarot.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/major-arcana-small.jpg
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

And I hope it says something about the mod team here that we haven't closed this thread, but allowed it to remain for members to vent their spleen or otherwise.

So in the interests of this new spirit of Glasnost and free speech is there any likelihood of someone fixing the Nikki thread so it bumps?

So in the interests of this new spirit of Glasnost and free speech is there any likelihood of someone fixing the Nikki thread so it bumps?

Glasnost?
    Nuremberg?
    Totalitarian enforcement?

Are you absolutely sure you are on the right forum Wiz?

As for the 'Nikki' thread, leave it with me. I'm all for Page 3 girls.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Well, I don't understand the one aspect of having a problem with image files whether it's a link to the picture or the image in its very own display. If the mods want the pictures delivered via links, so be it.

Why are all these complaints at all of sudden?
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 260
    I honestly wasn't paying any attention to the whole "unofficially official" diatribe....until I looked into the Nikki thing. Now I don't know what to think. Seems like more of an indictment than this image posting thing...
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Yeah ... I'm starting to wonder, I found the Van der Zyl thread and posted but it mysteriously hasn't bumped to the top of 'recent discussions'. I was asking what the controversy/fuss is about regarding her. Since that thread isn't bumping, anyone care to enlighten me?
  • EON is just being a stick in the mud because their movie sucked. And they want to lash out at somebody -- even if it's the fan base that they depend on (kind of a bite the hand that feeds you thing). In any event, it's their property so they call the rules. Message received.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yeah ... I'm starting to wonder, I found the Van der Zyl thread and posted but it mysteriously hasn't bumped to the top of 'recent discussions'. I was asking what the controversy/fuss is about regarding her. Since that thread isn't bumping, anyone care to enlighten me?

Yes, I'm beginning to become suspicious. I have tremendous respect for the mods and the forum as a whole, but it seems there's more to the story than what has been told.
  • RC7RC7
    writer5150 wrote: »
    EON is just being a stick in the mud because their movie sucked. And they want to lash out at somebody

What a load of shite.
    jake24 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Yes, I'm beginning to become suspicious. I have tremendous respect for the mods and the forum as a whole, but it seems there's more to the story than what has been told.

There are plenty of avenues through which you can research Niki Van Der Zyl. Let's not turn this into an episode of Coronation St. Too many people on here who justify the sentiment 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,530
    Well hi, @Tubes. It's been a while.
    Why are all these complaints at all of sudden?

I guess Donald Trump has become a symbol of mental stability and intellectual superiority. A Mexican gave me a funny look one day so let's nuke Mexico. We're asked to be more careful about posting images so let us naturally assume that the mods, who are poor hobos with nothing better to do, are taking bribes from EON.

People are on to us. We're sleeping with EON execs so that @Creasy47 can direct the next Bond film, based on a screenplay by @Benny and @NicNac, starring @MajorDSmythe as the evil Jason Morbees and DarthDimi as James Bond. Also, we're secretly in cahoots with Poetin so it's imperative that we silence our members with an iron fist. Comrades in edit buttons and all that.

RC7 wrote :
    What a load of shite
    :)) :)) :))
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

People are on to us. We're sleeping with EON execs so that @Creasy47 can direct the next Bond film, based on a screenplay by @Benny and @NicNac, starring @MajorDSmythe as the evil Jason Morbees and DarthDimi as James Bond. Also, we're secretly in cahoots with Poetin so it's imperative that we silence our members with an iron fist. Comrades in edit buttons and all that.

I'd buy a ticket.