The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

The Eye That Never Sleeps pulpy but not TOO pulpy
    Here's a novel idea.....
    Come up with a good solid story first, and then decide on an appropriate title.
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    A Whisper Of Love - A Whisper Of Hate

I'd shorten it to A Whisper of Hate.
    dandan wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea.....

Some great novels were created with the title first. If I'm not mistaken Ian Fleming did it too to some degree.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    AceHole wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I've warmed to 007 in New York. It is very pulpy. Give it a Black and white PTS like CR. I think it could work.

Too pulpy I think. If Bond had been a t.v. series set in the 50s-60s it would have made for a good episode title but otherwise I think it lacks the spirit of Fleming's titles. It's the only title of his invention I can't see working.
    I second that.

No titles with '007' or 'Bond' in them, please. This is not a comic book franchise, the main protagonist's moniker should not appear in the title.
    I have the same feeling about it.
    Here's a novel idea.....

yes because that didn't back fire with Quantum of Solace... nope everyone in the press and fan base realized the title worked for the story and no one questioned it.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea.....

yes because that didn't back fire with Quantum of Solace... nope everyone in the press and fan base realized the title worked for the story and no one questioned it.

Quantum of Solace was and is a great title. I was enthusiastic about it. It did fit the story, but it could have and should have fit it a bit more, or the connection made more obvious.
    "The Devil You Know"
    "A Whisper to a Scream"
    "Handful of Lies"

patb wrote: »
    "The Devil You Know"
    "A Whisper to a Scream"
    "Handful of Lies"

The first one is good. The last one is great.
    Of all the different ellements required for a classic Bond, a half decent title is ,IMHO, the easiest task of all.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    tigers99 wrote: »
    If we take the ending of Spectre as
    Bond has left MI6 to start a new life with Madeleine
    , do you think there is a call for using the title Licence Renewed?

I like it. I was just thinking that LTK being called LTK makes no sense since he loses it. Obv it was originally going to be called Licence Revoked.

Yes, LTK originally was named "Licence Revoked", but as the producers feared, that the US audieneces would not understand this title, thus it became "LIcence To Kill".
    The movie version of Alan Bennetts's play "The Madness of George III." became "The Madness of KIng George", when Kenneth Branagh told the producers, that when his movie version of "Henry V." premiered in the US, people asked him, what had happened to "Henry Part I - Part IV".
    gumbolt wrote: »
    Could be : Dr Fish, From Russia With Fish, Fishfinger, Fishball, You Only Fish Twice, OHMSF, Fish Are Forever, Live And Let Fish, TMWTGF, TSWLF, Moonfish, FYFO, Fishypussy, AVTAF, The Living Fishlights, Licence To Fish, GoldenFish, Tomorrow Never Fish, TWINF, Fish Another Day, CF, QoF, Skyfish or Sp... um... bollocks. I'll just break ranks and Never Say Fish Again.

Utterly brilliant suggestions.
    ;) :-O =D> \:D/ :(|)
  • The Spy Catcher.
    The Shattered Eye
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A BULLET FOR BOND
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A BULLET FOR BOND
    Now, this... I like!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    How about "You Only Die Twice"? Would be a nice nod to Fleming and would be relevant to Spectre's Blofeld.
    ^it could also reference how the series may "reboot" itself again? Just kidding, though (or so I hope).
    Time to dust off my list of unused Fleming chapter titles:

A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate

Cards With a Stranger

The Eye That Never Sleeps

Bitter Champagne

We Don't Like Mistakes

The Job Comes Second

Death is So Permanent

The Slaughterer

The Wizard of Ice

The Beautiful Lure

The Killing Bottle

The Finger on the Trigger

The Long Scream

Reflections in a Double Bourbon

The Pressure Room

Crime de la Crime

The Richest Man in History

Take It Easy Mr. Bond

How to Eat a Girl

When the Kissing Stopped

The Shadower

The Gambit of Shame

Death For Breakfast

Fork Left For Hell!

Blood-lift

Hell's Delight

The Death Collector

Slay It With Flowers

The Question Room

Blood and Thunder

The Easy Grand

My personal favorite contender is Fleming's original title for OHMSS--The Belles of Hell. That title would also supply the title song, since it's a pun on the old World War I song "The Bells of Hell Go Ting-a-ling-a-ling". The song's in public domain, so all they need to do is give it a modern arrangement with some extra lyrics and hire a hot singer. Here's a traditional version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpoO9yISDw

• edited January 2016 Posts: 157
    Goldendie
    Goldenkill
    Diekill

Just kidding, EON!!!

Actually interestingly enough Craig is quite unique as he is the first Bond actor to no have Die Kill or Gold in any of his titles so far. Though I am not the biggest fan of two S one word titles in a row but I am not too upset over it. I do wonder since Spectre is a chapter title from Thunderball if the sort of ban on chapter titles has been lifted.
  • RC7RC7
    Actually interestingly enough Craig is quite unique as he is the first Bond actor to no have Die Kill or Gold in any of his titles so far. Though I am not the biggest fan of two S one word titles in a row but I am not too upset over it. I do wonder since Spectre is a chapter title from Thunderball if the sort of ban on chapter titles has been lifted.

There's certainly no ban, SP was at one point titled 'The Death Collector', they just haven't taken that leap yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lazenby doesn t either.
    While I get a sense they want to spread out the unused Fleming titles. The issue in my opinion is only certain actors can pull off certain titles and I feel since he was able to pull off Quantum of Solace I do think Craig is the only actor who can pull off The Hildebrand Rarity
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    An Eye for An Eye
    An Eye for An Eye

I like it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    gumbolt wrote: »
    Could be : Dr Fish, From Russia With Fish, Fishfinger, Fishball, You Only Fish Twice, OHMSF, Fish Are Forever, Live And Let Fish, TMWTGF, TSWLF, Moonfish, FYFO, Fishypussy, AVTAF, The Living Fishlights, Licence To Fish, GoldenFish, Tomorrow Never Fish, TWINF, Fish Another Day, CF, QoF, Skyfish or Sp... um... bollocks. I'll just break ranks and Never Say Fish Again.

giphy.gif
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Damp Squib
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Tranquilty of
    Solitude .
  • RC7RC7
    AceHole wrote: »
    Damp Squib

Ha ha.
  • RC7 wrote: »

There's certainly no ban, SP was at one point titled 'The Death Collector', they just haven't taken that leap yet.

I didn't know that (Death Collector) - how do we know that actually?

It's in the most recent edition of the Taschen Bond Archives book.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Revelator wrote: »

It's in the most recent edition of the Taschen Bond Archives book.

Aah, ze Taschen Bond :D

Vorld domination in ze bag!