Bond Conventions In UK

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 79
What kind of Conventions exsist in UK and Around The World? I noticed a Bond/Spy themed convention in Blackpool March 2012.

Comments

what details do they have my good man? Guests? dealers....etc? Do you have a website for it please? i have relatives there i could stay over with! :))
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    I think the Blackpool one is as dead as a doorknob. No news in months.

BUt... The official 007 car exhibition kicks off in Beaulieu next month!
    yeah i saw that, hopefully going to attend that at somepoint next year? Hopefully January? lol! As got time off work for a couple of weeks else i lose it! So that could be on the agenda
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Are there any serious Bond events that take place in London?? It's the capital for goodness sake and furthermore it's where I live!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    I'm pretty sure there will be a few official events next year in the capital to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The sad thing is they don't happen enough in the capital if at all.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    We need some Bond conventions down here in Australia. Seriously, what's the deal? No Aus conventions, still no Aus locations in the films. Where's the love? I like to think there's a lot of fans here in Down Under Land. Fair crack of the whip.
    QBranch wrote:
    still no Aus locations in the films

I don't think Australian locations really could work in a Bond film. Just look at Mission: Impossible II...

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    So, Australian locations wouldn't work in a Bond film, yet the 50 other countries Bond has visited do work? Gee, we're pretty darn unlucky then. Still, I think Australia's got a lot more to offer than what was shown in films like MI:2 or The Matrix. Landscape-wise, we've got tropical rainforests, a vast desert, and saltlakes to name a few. Not to mention some modern, Bondian building designs that rival what we've seen in past films. TBH I think a fair portion of the film could be set in Aus. Have a look on google for 'The Pinnacles' in Western Australia- they're these strange limestone formations that stick out of the sand. Could we get something Bondian out of that? Actually, I might try to incorporate Aus into my Bond story! Thanks for the motivation, @PanchitoPistoles! ;)

(BTW sorry for going off topic!)
    QBranch wrote:
    still no Aus locations in the films

I don't think Australian locations really could work in a Bond film. Just look at Mission: Impossible II...

Look at the writing and director of MI:II............. not the location for the blame.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    JamesPage wrote:
    I'm pretty sure there will be a few official events next year in the capital to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

Great stuff - gotta look out for them...! :-bd
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 65
    Not a convention, but received a link from Bondklub Deutschland:

http://www.barbican.org.uk/bie/exhibitions/fifty-years-of-james-bond-style

Update - this event will happen later this year, formal announcement coming soon.