SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Writings on the Wall' has received a Golden Globe Award nomination for 'Best Original Song – Motion Picture'.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    'Writings on the Wall' has received a Golden Globe Award nomination for 'Best Original Song – Motion Picture'.

Apart from the high pitched notes, the song is pretty damn good. And he sticks with you, like SF did.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    That's extremely soon
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Not really, Skyfall's DVD came out on 16 February in my country, I guess it came out even earlier in the UK.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 3,164
    The current planned UK date is Feb 22....think they'll bring it forward to Feb 9 which is pretty much the confirmed US/Canada date.

Also keep in mind - this is sure to get an even earlier release digitally (iTunes etc) - sometime mid January. Pretty much every major film now has an early digital release a few weeks before DVD/BD.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Well I'm just surprised at the turnaround time. I didn't think a film would be released to own only 3 months after its release. I mean heck, MI:RN is just now being released on Tuesday and it came out in July. That's about a 5 month turnaround time.
  • Really interesting article on the subtle use of CGI in the film:
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/134800771936

For instance, I could never tell that the mouse in Tangier was CGI. Also the biggest surprise is that the Tangier scenes were actually filmed in Rome!

tumblr_inline_nz3g4xH5IR1shsvef_540.gif

tumblr_inline_nz3g5fs0FO1shsvef_540.gif

• Whoa, that is impressive. Fooled me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Impressive indeed. But what about this set photo from Tangier?

morocco-Craig-Large_1200_1800_81_s.jpg
  • DC has been nominated for a Critic's choice award

Best Actor In An Action Movie

Daniel Craig – Spectre
    Tom Cruise – Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
    Tom Hardy – Mad Max: Fury Road
    Chris Pratt – Jurassic World
    Paul Rudd – Ant-Man

Sam Smith also nominated for Writing's on the wall
    Really interesting article on the subtle use of CGI in the film:
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/134800771936

For instance, I could never tell that the mouse in Tangier was CGI. Also the biggest surprise is that the Tangier scenes were actually filmed in Rome!

tumblr_inline_nz3g4xH5IR1shsvef_540.gif

tumblr_inline_nz3g5fs0FO1shsvef_540.gif
    Actually shocked about the CG mouse considering how poor the animal CGI was in Skyfall.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @SJK91

Thats because EoN ponied up for some proper cgi this time. Looking in the credits, ILM contributed cg work.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    DC has been nominated for a Critic's choice award

Best Actor In An Action Movie

Daniel Craig – Spectre
    Tom Cruise – Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
    Tom Hardy – Mad Max: Fury Road
    Chris Pratt – Jurassic World
    Paul Rudd – Ant-Man

Sam Smith also nominated for Writing's on the wall

He won in 2012 for SF, but considering he didnt bother to show up, even though, he was in LA, its not an award, that means anything to him and in a way, hes right. Its the other category, that is about acting.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, I, too, had no idea that most of the Tangier scenes were filmed in Rome. So since it was asked, why was some of it filmed in Tangier and not all of it? And how was the budget at $300 million plus if they couldn't manage to film it all there?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wow, I, too, had no idea that most of the Tangier scenes were filmed in Rome. So since it was asked, why was some of it filmed in Tangier and not all of it? And how was the budget at $300 million plus if they couldn't manage to film it all there?

£300 Million? I thought it was a £200 Million budget?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2015 Posts: 11,139
    EoN need to hire a new accountant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

£300 Million? I thought it was a £200 Million budget?

No, you're correct, but £200 million equates to $300 million U.S. dollars.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There are more things connecting Octopussy and Spectre. In the first draft for OP, Blofeld was the main villain and planning on taking over the MI6 through his mole Villiers. Looks like they rehashed old ideas like so many times before.

In the same initial script, M got killed, Moneypenny was fired and Bond had to go rogue!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,586
    New Red Bull (Chuck Aaron) vlog.

This finally solves the mystery of the Palenque archaeological site story, where a confusing article hinted that actual filming would take place there. In actuality, the city was used only as a space for rehearsals of the helicopter stunts before the crew moved to Mexico City.
    The most poignant aspect of that video blog was how badly the last 2 movies needed Arnold working on tge score.
    SPECTRE has received 7 Satellite Award nominations.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Let me guess, best spy satellites featured in an action film?
    Let me guess, best spy satellites featured in an action film?

Thunder, you are becoming more pleasant by the post. Woohoo..n

• doubleoego wrote: »
    The most poignant aspect of that video blog was how badly the last 2 movies needed Arnold working on tge score.

Amen to that......

My first viewing of SP was over-ridden somewhat by thinking "why am i hearing SF music cuts" all the way through......
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Let's say John Glen would shoot the action scenes a bit as if he was shooting making-of of the action scenes, but then was it so bad in the end ? This making-of has some images of the helicopter that would have been nice in the movie.
    'SPECTRE' has been knocked out of contention for the 'Visual Effects' Academy Award.
    So much for the, "we created the greatest explosion ever in a movie".
    tumblr_nzy4spdDtP1s9cq83o6_1280.jpg?w=720

James Bond Villain Placed Drill in Wrong Area, Neurosurgeon Says

James Bond's villain in the latest 007 film, Spectre, could use a lesson in neuroanatomy, a Toronto neurosurgeon says.

In a scene recorded in a Morroccan desert, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, played by Christoph Waltz, tortures Bond using restraints and a head clamp fused with a robotic drill. The goal is to inflict pain and erase 007's memory bank of faces.

But Blofeld didn't have his brain anatomy down and could have likely killed Daniel Craig's character instead, Dr. Michael Cusimano of St. Michael's Hospital, says in a letter published in this week's issue of the journal Nature.

Aiming to erase Bond's memory of faces, the villain correctly intends to drill into the lateral fusiform gyrus, an area of the brain responsible for recognizing faces, Cusimano said. But in practice, the drill was placed in the wrong area, aiming for the neck instead of the brain.

"Whereas the drill should have been aimed just in front of 007's ear, it was directed below the mastoid process under and behind his left ear," Cusimano wrote.

It likely would have triggered a stroke or massive hemorrhage, he said.

In a draft of the letter, Cusimano said he was "spellbound" watching the film in a packed theatre, but his enjoyment was somewhat marred by the blunder.

"I laughed," he recalled in an interview. "I think people around me kind of looked at me and were wondering why I was laughing because it's a pretty tense part of the movie."

Cusimano,a professor of neurosurgery, education and public health, said he's seen all the Bond films and says he enjoys the music, locations and special effects.

Cusimano added it's theoretically possible to impair facial recognition by targeting the lateral fusiform gyrus. He noted there are documented cases of injury, such as strokes, leading to brain conditions that cause "face blindness," or prosopagnosia.

The neurosurgeon said he would happily offer his neurosurgery expertise to Hollywood filmmakers next time, and hopes people get a laugh out of the letter.
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,512
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So much for the, "we created the greatest explosion ever in a movie".

It's still a great shot IMO. Plus that is a special rather than visual effect.