Assemble The Double O's

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 79
One of my fave scenes ever in The Bond series is where all the nine double o's are assembled for a briefing, In Thunderball. If this scene were to exsist in Skyfall, Dan would obviously be 007- The other eight for me would be Sean,George,Sir Rog,Tim,Piers,Sean Bean (Who else could be 006?), Liam Neeson and Colin Salmon. How about you, Who would your Eight other double o's be?

Comments

• I remember the scene from the movie but haven't watched it for ages

If we were to take this seriously, other 00 numbers in Skyfall wouldn't include Connery, Lazenby, Moore etc obviously

If we take it from the other angle then I suppose you could include them, along with the other two and I'm going to go completely wild here and include Richard Gere and Lewis Collins and Steven Seagal

I don't know 8-}
  • Gere and Collins I can buy but Segal and his post Under Siege 2 gut surely rule him out of double o duty! How about Treat Williams? (I implore you to check out Substitute II-Schools Out for a laugh out loud Commando style romp action film)
  • I was watching An officer and a gentleman the other day (no shame), and suddenly got thinking maybe what a good Bond Gere could of been say from about 1981 onwards if Moore had stepped down after Moonraker, it brings to the fore once again about having a US actor in the role, but it would of been something to see, but we'll never know. Collins auditioned for the part about the same time but it came to nothing

Seagal didn't really show his acting chops until the early 1990s but even then the Under Siege star would never had felt comfortable in Bonds shoes, and I even have a hard time saying it

I only included them as at the time of submission I felt it was a nice idea. Seagal actually is one of my favorite actors but I must realize he could never be Bond or anywhere near it, regardless of nationality
  • Under Siege and Under Siege 2 were great but thats it for me. Gere is a great idea for the time period. John Gavin was Bond until Sir Sean returned for DAF. James Brolin also tested. Maybe one day? Cubby always liked a British Actor and Mike G.and Foxy Babs (Yum Yum) have stuck to the philosophy.
  • SAMSAM
    The Best of British (and Irish):

001 David Niven
    002 Richard Burton
    003 Gary Oldman
    004 James Mason
    005 Alec Guiness
    006 Sean Bean
    007 Daniel Craig
    008 Michael Fassbender
    009 Oliver Reed
    James Brolin also tested.

I thought that screen test on Youtube was quite respectable. I believe he would have made a decent James Bond.
    He was certainly an underated actor and has starred in numerous good movies i.e. Capricorn One.
  • Oliver Reed as a 00 Agent!

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    For added fun, each 00 agent gets a description of events prior to/and following the briefing.

00 agents at the briefing:

001/Agent One - (Rowan Atkinson) Nobody knows 001's real name- not even M, and quite frankly no one cares. He's a bumbling fool who only escapes death due to pure flukiness. However, his missions in France and China are classed as successful- hence the reason his licence hasn't yet been revoked. Immaturely, he laughs to himself at the title on the dossier in front of him. "Operation Thunderball! Lol! Thunder-BALLS!"

002 - (Christian Bale) After a fun, but tiresome day of paintball, 002 is called in to the urgent briefing. He immediately slaps 001 for being a twit. Two weeks later, during a mission taking him to the James Bond Islands, his body is dumped in the ocean to become fish feed. RIP, 002.

003 - (Ewan McGreggor) In events following the briefing, 003 finds a microchip on his way to Siberia, but his mission is stopped in it's tracks as he fails to survive the harsh cold. RIP, 003.

004 - (Gerard Butler) Upon reading the words 'Smiert Spionam', 004 plunges to his death at the hands of an imposter. RIP, 004. He is replaced with a new 004 (Dougray Scott) the morning of the briefing.

005 - (Jude Law) Fed up with other agents stealing his identity all the time, 005 hands in his letter of resignation following the briefing. He is replaced by a new 005 (Ethan Hawke), who actually does look and act exactly like old 005 (Jude Law) in every way. Upon seeing new 005, old 005 storms off in a tantrum, never to be seen again.

006 - (Sean Bean) Surrounded by fellow agents at the briefing, 006 effortlessly continues to conceal his nasty plan to destroy Britain's economy with a pair of advanced satellite weapons. One month later, he is pronounced dead following a mission at a chemical weapons facility in Arkhangelsk. RIP, 006...for now.

007 - (Any official Bond actor) Forever late for briefings due to his philandering with married women, 007 cops an evil eye plus an embarrassing shake of the head from every other 00 agent present at the briefing (except for 001, who is still highly amused at the fact that Operation Thunderball contains the word 'ball').

008 - (Colin Firth) Although Bond successfully thwarted Goldfinger's plans a whole month before the briefing, 008 secretly still wishes M had've replaced Bond with him for that mission with the delicious Miss Galore (his own reason for giving Bond the evil eye...)

009 - (Clive Owen) 009 puts a bullet in Renard's skull a week before the briefing, but dies only days after the briefing trying to return a Faberge egg to the British embassy in East Berlin. His mission is a success, so he doesn't die in vain. RIP, 009.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Quick question didn't Fleming say in his novels that there only ever 3 00's in the section at any given time?
    Quick question didn't Fleming say in his novels that there only ever 3 00's in the section at any given time?

Yes, but I'm sure if MI6 were ever attacked, they'd all be at risk and thus would all be employed at once. The best defence is to mobilize.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes, but I'm sure if MI6 were ever attacked, they'd all be at risk and thus would all be employed at once. The best defence is to mobilize.

We'll find out next year. ;)
  • RC7RC7

Yeah you're right. I always liked that scene in Thunderball so it was a disappointment when I read that.

I think Fleming mentions 008 and 0011 (random) - need to check this but I think it's right.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Thanks for confirming guys, sorry for appearing to stall the thread, not my intention. :-)
    QBranch wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

We'll find out next year. ;)

There's quite a list of 'agents' stacking up actor-wise. Alot of no-names, but still.. we'll be seeing dozens of agents, 00 or not.
  • But....isn't it true that there have been casted quite a few actors for several roles of MI-6 agents for 'Skyfall'?
    QBranch wrote:
    009 - (Clive Owen) 009 puts a bullet in Renard's skull a week before the briefing, but dies only days after the briefing trying to return a Faberge egg to the British embassy in East Berlin. His mission is a success, so he doesn't die in vain. RIP, 009.

I don't want to sound like a total jerk, but I'm fairly sure it was 0010 who initially put the bullet in Renard's skull. It was a 4-digit 00 for sure, anyways. :-)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    QBranch wrote:

I don't want to sound like a total jerk, but I'm fairly sure it was 0010 who initially put the bullet in Renard's skull. It was a 4-digit 00 for sure, anyways. :-)

No, it was 009.
    It would be a nice idea to see another double-o's again. Maybe in SkyFall we will. Or we might not. Still, it'd be a great idea.

True. True. 007, 008, and 0011
    The license to kill is not and should not be lightly given out. I would think that 00 agents are few and far between the way fleming envisioned it. I am annoyed at the films insistence on numerous 00 agents.
    Lets assume that the reboot with Craig is more to the novels and we have only three of them.
    007; Daniel Craig
    008: Gerard Butler
    0011 Rona Mitra (a sexy but deadly female 00 agent)
  • DSRDSR
    Id like to see some diversity in the OO sector maybe a woman or two, several different ambiguous ethnicities to round out the group. They don't need eight more 007 look a likes.

But then again I still would love to see several 00s in action together, like in a TLD pre title sequence etc..
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,882
    If 007 had to be Craig then:

M: Timothy Dalton
    001 - Rupert Penry-Jones
    002 - Jason Isaacs
    003 - James Purefoy
    004 - Gabrielle Anwar
    005 - Ray Stevenson
    006 - Richard Armitage
    007 - Dan Craig
    008 - Adrian Lester
    009 - James D'Arcy
    No 005, Major?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks QBranch. I had forgotten ol' 005.
    I think it could be a great possibility for SF! Seeing as the plot revolves around MI6 and London and also has political involvement? Maybe the Double o section will be convened? Didnt this happen in TWINE though when they relocated to Scotland? They passed out files but not one to Bond as he had to pass a medical first?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Is there any real names for the 00 Agents in Bond books, ore those above are all real? I need just one name.
    i think bill fairbanks was one in TMWTGG! Killed by Scaramanga!
    edited December 2011 Posts: 2,635
    Oh... But i'd need one that stills alive. Because i'll need one to include it on my project.
    I have 004 named as "Nick Graves" but i know that there's not any agent with that name at MI-6. lol

is just One name x) i'll try to search some also, can't be hard to find one

EDIT: found! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/00_Agent

EDIT 2: Oh well, i guess i'll use 008, i see he's not dead already.

lol 007 (and maybe 008) is the only 00 agent that stills alive lol
    in theory you could because of the timeline? So you could have a younger 006 aka Alec Trevelyan!
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 546
    001-Jude Law
    002-Toby Stephens
    003-Ewan McGregor
    004-Henry Cavill
    005-Ray Stevenson
    006-Hugh Jackman
    007-Pierce Brosnan
    008-Richard Armitage
    009-Tom Hardy
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Well... it's quite difficult because I like the fact unfamous actors play some the 00's roles. It keeps the mystery in.

001 : ?
    002 : ?
    003 : ?
    004 : ?
    005 : ?
    (006 : ...Sean Bean)
    007 : any 007 actor
    008 : Morgan Freeman
    009 : Hugh Jackman

0011 :Kate Beckinsale
    0013 : Olivia Wilde.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified

True - 007, 008, 0011

Can anyone tell me in which books 008 and 0011 appear and what happens to them?