Should Disney buy James Bond in 2016?

DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
Hi guys, I've never create this tropic before.

But anyhow, my theory about Disney to buy James Bond has spanned three years.

My reason behind the theory:

1. Since 1999, I was a longlife Disney fan and James Bond fan. My connections, between those two, are still here today.
2. Disney/MGM Studios (now Disney's Hollywood Studios) opened on May 1st 1989 at Walt Disney World in Florida.

Perhaps we can agree with Disney, once again, to buy the James Bond franchise (including Bond 25) under the Disney brand if they had a distribution deal with MGM and EON Productions; then it would be lovely by then if possible :-)

As HM The Queen would say: have a Merry Christmas to you all (and a Happy New Year).

Comments

• RC7RC7
    No. No Bond film should open with a shot of a Fairy Tale castle. End of.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited December 2015 Posts: 2,138
    I often wondered if Spectre was made more light hearted in its tone and fun to deliberately dangle the carrot at Disney to bid for the rights. Always said Sam Smiths title song would sit well in Frozen 2.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I often wondered if Spectre was made more light hearted in its tone and fun to deliberately dangle the carrot at Disney to bid for the rights. Always said Sam Smiths title song would sit well in Frozen 2.
    No. Just no.
    Absolutely not.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Acting-Awkward-Dont-know-Embarassed-I-Knew-That-Know-Oh-please-Pretending-Uncomfortable-Unsure-Will-smith-Men-in-black-GIF.gif
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Superb idea. And Justin Timberlake, of Disney Club fame, could be the next 007.
    I can see it all clearly, now...
    Errr no, Disney should not be looking to get their mitts on 007! [-(
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    007 isn't for sale. And even if Disney successfully bid for the rights it would be done under one of their other distribution outlets, so no house of house at the start.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,686
    The only recurring element of Disney movies I want in Bond movies is Michael Giacchino. (He does all the soundtracks for Pixar)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Disney owns Marvel...there is no "Disney Castle" to precede the films. Just sayin'.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    For the love of God, No.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2015 Posts: 17,728
    The only up-side would be if Disney immediately filmed John Gardner's Never Send Flowers, then I'd be on board with it! But I'm sure you knew that was coming! ;)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,631
    Absolutely not.
    Yes so 007 can fight in the next Avegers movie with Spider-Man Captain America and of course Luke Skywalker

I am totally kidding of course and Disney should not buy it but couldn't resist the joke.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Give it to them.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 11,189
    This is the answer given by every warm-blooded, heterosexual adult (and I suspect a large portion of the gay community).

• edited December 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Fuck Disney and Fuck these massive corporate entities.

I hope you aren't including MGM, Sony or Columbia in that statement.
    Anyway, Disney has already its own James Bond :

especialdd_capa1.jpeg
  • Well, no. And realistically, Bond isn't something that suits the Disney brand. They want family values properties they can merchandise to death to 10 year olds. A government sponsored murderer who indulges in sex, violence, alcohol, and gambling is Disney's worst nightmare.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not going to happen. So no.
    Disney? no. WB and Christopher Nolan, maybe, but Disney no.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't want Nolan's overrated mitts on Bond either.
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    Should Disney buy James Bond in 2016?

Excuse me.....I just vomited a little in my mouth....

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I think we may have wasted enough space on this thread would some kind Mod lock it ?
    Thanks.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    I think we may have wasted enough space on this thread would some kind Mod lock it ?
    Thanks.

I'm afraid we can't lock a topic based solely on the majority of responses not agreeing with the opening post.
    Strangely such a course of action is feasible whether we like it or not. With Sony out for any future Bond films, OO7 needs a new home.
    If Disney did pick up the Bond series, you can bet they're not going to see that investment fail. Just look what they've done with the Star Wars films. Just saying.

;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes, and imagine the future consequences the franchise will face like Marvel is going through now. The X-Men alone is getting an elimination from the "All-New, All-Different" Marvel comics in the ongoing current canon, because its rights are belongings of Fox as of now. Imagine the damage they will bring to the 007 franchise if they purchase it, inserting their agendas into the material. Go figure.
    Disney getting Bond would be about the worst thing that could happen to the franchise. I'd much rather see them just stop making the films if Disney were the only alternative, as they'd run it so far into the ground, making the films so completely unrecognizable from the original Fleming source material that it would be pointless to even call it "Bond".
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    dalton wrote: »
    Disney getting Bond would be about the worst thing that could happen to the franchise. I'd much rather see them just stop making the films if Disney were the only alternative, as they'd run it so far into the ground, making the films so completely unrecognizable from the original Fleming source material that it would be pointless to even call it "Bond".

They're already doing that now.

Disney owning Bond? I can't help but imagine a singing and dancing mop in the gunbarrel.
    IMO, I don't think that they have. They've updated it, sure, but they have to do that in order to stay relevant.

What Disney would do to Bond would be worse than anything Purvis, Wade, and Logan could do to it.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    No way