Daniel craig is hopeful to film bond 25 in Greece

DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
Daniel craig says in an interview he is hopeful to film bond 25 in greece

Comments

He said that as a polite statement. I dont remember the context, just that. Doesnt mean a thing. Sorry.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A link to that interview might be nice. ;-)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    When was this said?? Link?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd love if it were true.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Now the rest of Colonel Sun?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Would it be time to return to the USA? It's been since, what, 1989?
    =bg= wrote: »
    Would it be time to return to the USA? It's been since, what, 1989?
    Not sure if CR's main unit shot in the USA, but that whole airport sequence was set in Miami.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 2,015
    He said too he would learn French in 2016, you know :)

Oh and he added he says lots of bs in his interviews.
    Find a link in the bunch of all the interviews he gave. But it was no statement, just polite chat. Maybe you just believe it without proof.
    Daniel craig says in an interview he is hopeful to film bond 25 in greece

What interview was this from?
    He's doing Bond 25. Just a fact, folks. Be as cynical as you wish, he's returning for more.
    I can't believe this is even a discussion, its absolute nonsense this Greece thing.

For a start, Craig hasn't actually officially stated that he will be in Bond 25 yet.

Eon, havn't yet got a studio who will finance, and distribute the next film.

No one has written a story for Bond 25?

Greece has already been used as a location a Bond film (FYEO). I know they could go back there, but usually the film makers try to find some new locations.

The only reason Craig mentioned Greece, is because he wants to have a holiday there, like the rest of us Brits do. :)
  • augie7107augie7107 Boston
    I don't blame him, I've been several times. My wife is from Greece.
    augie7107 wrote: »
    I don't blame him, I've been several times. My wife is from Greece.

I've been to Greece and its islands many times, and have been upto that high region in northern Corfu, where the 2CV car chase from FYEO was filmed.

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I would love to see Bond in Greece again. I think it's a very beautiful country and it's one of the things I enjoyed about FYEO.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,263
    Greece wouldn't only hold potential cinematic beauty, but it could also give a medium for telling a grounded Bond story. While it is a sensitive subject for the area, a story that is fictionally rooted in political and economic corruption (for the benefit of a SPECTRE plot) would be fascinating. I generally find the Bond stories most appealing when they have a foot in real world contemporary events.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well, I certainly hope that this comes to pass. I love Greece and James Bond being there.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    This could be the interview @Daltonforyou referred to.

Being from Greece, obviously I'd love for them to shoot there. Not to brag or anything, but we've got many stunning & unique locations that would be perfect for a Bond film.

@Mansfield's point is also very good. The current political and financial situation in Greece could provide an interesting basis for a corruption-related story.

On the other hand, being from Greece I also know that the bureaucracy for that kind of thing (and everything else, actually) is huge and filming there is more expensive than a number of other countries. Those are two factors that would definitely drive the producers away...

Also, Bourne 5 is partly set in Athens (although it's actually filmed in Tenerife, probably to avoid the bureaucracy and high cost). Having Bond 25 in Greece as well will reignite discussions about how Bond copies Bourne and all that nonsense...
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    mepal1 wrote: »
    I can't believe this is even a discussion, its absolute nonsense this Greece thing.

For a start, Craig hasn't actually officially stated that he will be in Bond 25 yet.

Eon, havn't yet got a studio who will finance, and distribute the next film.

No one has written a story for Bond 25?

Greece has already been used as a location a Bond film (FYEO). I know they could go back there, but usually the film makers try to find some new locations.

The only reason Craig mentioned Greece, is because he wants to have a holiday there, like the rest of us Brits do. :)

Well, not really... if Morocco, Venice, Westminster & Istanbul can be used multiple times then Greece is fine by me. Anything but another 'climax' in the U.K
    That interview with Craig - he may say to many foreign reporters that he would wish to film in their country so it may not really mean that much unfortunately. That said, I'd be more than delighted if Eon were to film in Greece. A faithful adaptation of Colonel Sun (suitably updated, of course) would be very nice indeed if indeed there is anything left to film in it.
  • RC7RC7
    Athens is one of the great cities of the world, yet to feature in a Bond. I'd welcome it with open arms. (Yes, I understand this article is fluff).
    RC7 wrote: »
    Athens is one of the great cities of the world, yet to feature in a Bond. I'd welcome it with open arms. (Yes, I understand this article is fluff).

Athens does feature in Colonel Sun - perfect opportunity there then.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry, I meant cinematic.

No, I knew what you meant, @RC7. I was just pointing out that Colonel Sun would be a perfect place to start plot-wise if they wanted to go to Athens and environs. And they've already used the torture scene in Spectre so I think they should follow through with the rest of Colonel Sun.
  • RC7RC7

No, I knew what you meant, @RC7. I was just pointing out that Colonel Sun would be a perfect place to start plot-wise if they wanted to go to Athens and environs. And they've already used the torture scene in Spectre so I think they should follow through with the rest of Colonel Sun.

It's certainly one of the best continuations, that's for sure.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who wouldn't want to see a face off between Bond and some SPECTRE agents in the coliseum? If done well, that would make the movie.

I think Dan's interest alone in shooting in Greece bodes quite well for the chance that the next film will take place there. If EON trusts his word on other acting talent like Bardem and even greater, directors like Mendes, then location choices seem rather small beans in comparison.

And the location would offer some great chances to play with themes grounded in Greek mythology, as SPECTRE itself is still so mythic and eerie.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Who wouldn't want to see a face off between Bond and some SPECTRE agents in the coliseum? If done well, that would make the movie.

I think Dan's interest alone in shooting in Greece bodes quite well for the chance that the next film will take place there. If EON trusts his word on other acting talent like Bardem and even greater, directors like Mendes, then location choices seem rather small beans in comparison.

And the location would offer some great chances to play with themes grounded in Greek mythology, as SPECTRE itself is still so mythic and eerie.

Immediately makes me think of GE and the statue graveyard scene.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 17,727

Yes, for me it is the best of the lot. I can't see me ever changing my mind on that one. Being actually written in the 1960s helps its validity even more I feel so that it can sit along with the collected Fleming tomes.
  • RC7RC7

Yes, for me it is the best of the lot. I can't see me ever changing my mind on that one. Being actually written in the 1960s helps its validity even more I feel so that it can sit along with the collected Fleming tomes.

Agree. There's an authenticity to it that hasn't (couldn't have?) been replicated since. I thought Trigger Mortis did a decent job.
  • gt007gt007 Station G

Except the Colosseum is in Rome... ;)