Interesting Finds In Bond Movies

edited December 2015 in General Discussion Posts: 229
Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted and here’s an interesting find. The original sniper scene as shown in the original theatrical trailer and workprint showed the scene without the green night vision effect. Here is the entire sequence of that version. Personally it works a lot better than the finished version. The audio has been replaced with a dub to prevent copyright issues as my other videos were taken down.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What language is that? Is it Norwegian?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Russian perhaps? I'm clueless. But it's nice to see this. ;-)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I like the finished version better...
    Awesome Quality :)
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 229
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It was taken from a 35mm TV print, if you watch closely you'll notice some dirt and specs. It is basically the same print that Lowry used for the Blu-ray.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    It was taken from a 35mm TV print, if you watch closely you'll notice some dirt and specs. It is basically the same print that Lowry used for the Blu-ray.

Have you got any more rarely seen goodies?
  • DarthDimi wrote: »

Have you got any more rarely seen goodies?
    Yes I have footage of Tomorrow Never Dies i'm going to post.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    This was interesting, thanks for posting.
    Do you have any GoldenEye workprint stuff? I'd love to see that.
    Do you have any GoldenEye workprint stuff? I'd love to see that.
    Sorry the videos I shared on facebook got deleted from youtube and I don't have them anymore.
    What did they show? I know about Alec and the guard, is there anything else that was on there?
  • What did they show? I know about Alec and the guard, is there anything else that was on there?
    Yes, there was a extra shot of the barrels falling down in the facility.
  • As promised I posted a excerpt of a scene from the Tomorrow Never Dies workprint.
    I also updated my thread on the Goldeneye workprint as I posted screencaps from it.
    Thanks you very much, but I don't see the differences... They are differences ? Do you have just this extract or the entire Workprint ?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    The only thing I notice is the voice is different (sound quality issue) but also the breaks between the sentences? "You get the equipment. I'll send the messages". In the movie it's more like "You get the equipment...I'll send the messages"
    w2bond wrote: »
    The only thing I notice is the voice is different (sound quality issue) but also the breaks between the sentences? "You get the equipment. I'll send the messages". In the movie it's more like "You get the equipment...I'll send the messages"
    There are several alternate takes in the workprint, if you listen closely at 0.50 you'll hear it's different from the final movie.
    Have you the scene where bond kills a guy from behind? Ans that Scene were Bond kills a guy and the guy fall down the stairs? They Cut the heavy blood impacts i think. Also the "kill" Video is interesting where Stamper kills the rescued guys from the boat. But thanks anyway i just backup your Videos from here :) so when it goes down on youtube i can reupload them :)
    Lostion wrote: »
    Have you the scene where bond kills a guy from behind? Ans that Scene were Bond kills a guy and the guy fall down the stairs? They Cut the heavy blood impacts i think. Also the "kill" Video is interesting where Stamper kills the rescued guys from the boat. But thanks anyway i just backup your Videos from here :) so when it goes down on youtube i can reupload them :)
    Yes the movie was a lot grittier too in the workprint. No I don't have anything else except this right now. There is also alternate take during the scene where we first see Carver and Bond with M in the car.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Lostion wrote: »
    Yes the movie was a lot grittier too in the workprint. No I don't have anything else except this right now. There is also alternate take during the scene where we first see Carver and Bond with M in the car.

Oh that briefing scene in the car is brilliant. I do not know what the director was thinking but he should have left that untouched, would have given more depth to the charactet of Carver.

There are many good scenes that could have enhanced this movie and were left out.
  • There's a TND workprint?! :O
  • Oh, and I founded out that the workprint is a lot grittier, so that's means there uncut scenes in the workprint.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

James Bond speaking Russian as his first language!!! Blasphemy....speaking the enemies tongue!!!!
  • Hey guys, I'm back on this thread. Anyways, I'm interested in this TND workprint.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 114
    Just thought I'd update this thread with a list of cuts made during the rough cut stage for Tomorrow Never Dies.

Reel 2
    Remove entire wide shot of Stamper shooting British sailors in the water so that detailed suffering now happens off-screen.

Reel 3
    Reduce beating up of Bond at Carver's opening party by removing first two heavy blows.

Reel 4
    Reduce Bond's killing of torturer Kaufman, particularly sight of his wound as he falls; Remove close sight of spear gun killing man on boat, retaining only wide shot and then cutting away quickly to avoid seeing body tremble.

Reel 5
    Re-edit scene of Stamper being knifed to clarify that it is only his leg and not a fatal wound; Remove sight of Bond grabbing and dispatching sailor on Stealth Boat, replacing it with solo shot of Bond.

Reel 6
    Reduce shooting of Gupta to wide shot only, removing graphic sight of blood; Reduce violence of final fight between Bond and Stamper so there is less emphasis on infliction of pain and injury and more on suspense of Bond's hand maneuvering into position to detonate explosive. In particular, remove clear sight of Bond stabbing Stamper.

I'll try to add more of Reel 6 later.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Somehow this thread had passed me by until now. Thanks for posting the original video, @Gunbarrels007. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker in regards to my overall enjoyment of the film, but it makes sense to me for Saunders to have a pair of NVGs.
  • I love Bond workprints! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I love Bond workprints! :)

Me too!
  • I hope Gunbarrels007 finds some more interesting stuff soon.
  • Oh, and the uncut chakra torture scene is shown on deleted scenes. See it on either YouTube or DVD.

And... possibly Blu-ray. Don't miss it!