What does the future hold?

DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
edited November 2015 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 1,755
This may be redundant and maybe even old, but is anyone else concerned about the future of the franchise or am I just over-thinking things?

Does anyone ever worry that these films could permanently cease in the near future?

What about EON's rights with Sony pictures & MGM? Could the expiration effect the future of Bond, and more so Daniel Craig?

What are people's thoughts on this topic? I wasn't sure if there was already a thread on this or not so I figured I'd start one anyway.

I certainly hope Bond films keep getting made forever, but something tells me it'll end eventually... I also hope Daniel comes back for AT LEAST one more. I'd like him to continue for quite a while, but I'd be more than happy if he does Bond 25 then calls it quits.

Let's discuss this matter.

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Something tells me it will "never" end.

Look at Star Trek.
    Many people claimed that Star Trek Enterprise did the franchise in and/or was the last Star Trek TV Show.

Now it has been announced that a new TV Show will air in January 2017.

3 more Star Trek movies are in post/pre-production!!!

The same applies to Star Wars and Batman/Superman.

James Bond will always be around. The only question that can't be answered is how many movies will be made within a decade.
    Up to QOS we were sure to receive a new Bond movie within 2 years regularly or three years the most. The three year gap only happened 2 times up to QOS!!
    Not counting the gap between Dalton and Brosnan and Brosnan and Craig of course.

But now that BB + MGW seem willing to wait for their darlings to agree making a movie, everything seems possible from 3 to 4 years or who knows even more in the future.

My best guess: 2018 will be Craig's final movie.

2022 will be the new guy's first movie and the that one does 4 movies with 3 year gaps in between. At least I hope it will play out like that. For anything better I only can pray.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Bond existed before me and probably after me. "Death, taxes, and Bond"
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    There's always some numbers you can count on... 007. :)

I think that the future for James Bond will be pleasant.
    I wouldn't worry about the immediate future. This series is too profitable to be left on the shelf. I think the hard part is always putting together the best team of people who compliment each other. DC is fully capable of doing another film, but whether or not he is willing who knows. I think a lot of it is a negotiating tactic really.
    These thing they happen one film at a time. So don't worry about the future, as they say forever is never but never today. A deal will be made for money and film prints will be shot. Garrenteed.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ed83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the immediate future. This series is too profitable to be left on the shelf.

Exactly. James Bond will outlive us all.
    Ya Bond isn't going anywhere, not when it has potential to gross over a billion dollars.It would be nice in a way to own all the films knowing they aren't going to make more and have the truly complete collection.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    echo wrote: »
    Ed83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the immediate future. This series is too profitable to be left on the shelf.

Exactly. James Bond will outlive us all.

Why do people choose to think this way? It's so morbid. Just get on with things.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Nope. Fleming created something timeless. That's the point.