SPECTRE:- Cinema Viewings

Comments

Just came out of my third viewing. Was stopped the cinema manager (a young cove) who said to me; "You're obviously a massive Bond fan. You've been what…three times? Opening night a couple more. How would you like the standee and some posters?"
    Of course I said yes and thanked him. Such a helpful chap!
    So now proud owner of couple of posters and a cardboard standee of Bond and Swann. I thank you!

Picture please
    :)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @Crazysould95, can't at the moment old boy, due to personal circumstances i.e. living in a friends spare bedroom! Camera gear at my house, standee dropped off at work till I find somewhere permanent to live. Once I'm settled somewhere then I will.
  • I've now been....twice!

I had a crappy projection experience this second time. First time was in IMAX laser and it looked great. Second time, on a smaller screen in a generic multiplex, it looked dark and murky throughout, and I know it was the theater's fault, not the film, because the first time it was all bright and clear. Sadly anyone who sees it like this is just going to think this is what the film looks like.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Seeing it a 5th and most likely final time tonight.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm on to 4 now. Wonder if I'm going to make it to the top 3. Some other films to see as well...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only twice for me. Planned on catching it five times, but it looks like that won't happen. If I can see it at least one more time, I think I'll be happy.
    just saw it for the second time enjoyed it more found myself looking forward to upcoming scenes quite often.Going to try and see it 3 times I feel good with that number.
    I've seen it 5 times now, and that will be it until the Blu-ray release.

I went opening night with my parents and girlfriend.
    Then me and my dad had a Bond day in London, going to Bond in motion, then went to see the six waxworks and then went to the BFI Imax.
    I then went to cineworld with my mates.
    Then with my sister.
    And then my girlfriend wanted to see it again so we went to an Imax screening.

Everyone who I've seen it with have really enjoyed it too.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Saw it a fifth and final time yesterday. I enjoyed it the most on my final viewing. Now I eagerly await the Bluray.
    We havn't heard lately from @quantumofsolace, who when last reported in, stated that they had seen SP 13 times..........i think a 14th visit must be due........as you can't end on an unlucky number, can you? :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    13 times?!! I wonder how many times he saw the film he is named after./
    bondjames wrote: »

Apparently a staggering 24 times! :)
    mepal1 wrote: »

Apparently a staggering 24 times! :)
    Somehow I feel woefully inadequate as a fan right now... it's not a good feeling
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    We havn't heard lately from @quantumofsolace, who when last reported in, stated that they had seen SP 13 times..........i think a 14th visit must be due........as you can't end on an unlucky number, can you? :)

A mere 13 times? As if! I'll be watching it again on Saturday. Only thing keeping me from viewing it before then is enchanting ex-Moloko lead singer Roisin Murphy who I'm seeing in concert tomorrow night in Glasgow, Wednesday night in Manchester and Friday night in London. After that I'll be back in Bondage.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I congratulate your commitment to unadulterated & absolute Bondage @quantumofsolace. Quite impressive indeed. The Guinness Book may want hear from you at some point.
    I congratulate your commitment to unadulterated & absolute Bondage @quantumofsolace. Quite impressive indeed. The Guinness Book may want hear from you at some point.

If you go back thru' this thread you will see that @quantumofsolace doesn't stand a chance of getting into the Guinness book of records for most visits to seeing a film at a cinema..............BUT i wonder what the record is for someone just going to see a Bond film is though.
    24 times
    I think that might be the record for Quantum of Solace at least ^:)^
    I think that might be the record for Quantum of Solace at least ^:)^

Yes........i would be surprised if anyone in the UK saw QOS more than 24 times..........for many once was enough, i saw it twice, and i still didn't like the film. Have found it easier to watch on the small screen though.

Anyway, as you have said, i think we should all ^:)^
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,098
    Birdleson wrote: »
    My record for the theatre was THE DEEP. My cousin and I saw it over 12 times. Back then you could get the kids' matinee price of 50 cents and stay all day for three or four showings.

Good film 'The Deep'...............i always remember when that Moray Eel comes out of its hiding place, and bites into one of the bad guys head.

Question for our North American members.............some years ago i believe you had what were known as the Dollar Theatres.........do they still exist today.............and if so, do they actually now charge more than a dollar?

• edited November 2015 Posts: 3,336
    My record is 2 times for SPECTRE, lol :)
    Never seen another movie twice at the cinema.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 3,336
    Double, stupid phone..

Double

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    My record for the theatre was THE DEEP. My cousin and I saw it over 12 times. Back then you could get the kids' matinee price of 50 cents and stay all day for three or four showings.
    12 Times! Nothing to do with Jacqueline Bissett in a wet white T-shirt?!
    Don't forget John Barry. Down, Deep Inside................................................................
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    12 Times! Nothing to do with Jacqueline Bissett in a wet white T-shirt?!

I need to watch this film.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,727
    I've seen it only once so far. I may go for a second viewing as I'd like to try and write a review of it for the blog. :)
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    I finally hit number 4. I feel very good about my cinema viewings. I might go one last time, a couple months down the road on the eve of the blu-ray release.

If you go back thru' this thread you will see that @quantumofsolace doesn't stand a chance of getting into the Guinness book of records for most visits to seeing a film at a cinema..............BUT i wonder what the record is for someone just going to see a Bond film is though.
    And what's the Guinness record?
    I'm going to see it for the first time next week.