How best to upload a photo to Discussion?!

Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
Sorry if there is some info out there about this, but can anyone help?
What is the easiest way to upload an image that I've taken and is on my desktop, not on any social media or photography site?
I see there is an 'image' button, but that requires a URL, whereas, say, Facebook you can just upload by clicking the button. Wouldn't this be an easier way of uploading images, and could this be made available on Mi6?

Comments

Theres various image hosting sites you can try out like Image Shack.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Theres various image hosting sites you can try out like Image Shack.

The thing is I don't wish to upload to any imaging site, just want to get it from my desktop to the discussion thread. Cut out the middle man!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good question. If you can upload images directly from your PC to your avatar, I don't see why we can't do it on the threads.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    QBranch wrote: »
    Good question. If you can upload images directly from your PC to your avatar, I don't see why we can't do it on the threads.

Exactly, surely it couldn't be that hard to do?! What about it Mods?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Personally, I'm not sure, as I always just use Photobucket to upload a photo.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2020 Posts: 45,489
    Very good question and very good point. So why is it still not an option?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Maybe the admin can look into linking Postimage to our forum. Have a read of this:

https://postimages.org/about