What if James Bond found out he was a father? (parody trailer: "Double-O Dad" )

edited November 2015 in Fan Creations Posts: 8
From two long-time Bond fans, a parody trailer that imagines what would happen if all of 007's philandering finally caught up with him. This was a big undertaking to self-produce and I'd love to know what you all think!

I would love to hear what film references, homages, props, visuals you notice!

http://www.cnet.com/news/being-a-dad-is-toughest-challenge-yet-for-james-bond/

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Very nice, @danielcraigslist! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,730
    Nice video!

He is already is a father, though - read the end of the YOLT novel for more details.

Great username by the way, @danielcraigslist! :)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    He was a father in the novels. Kissy got pregnant in YOLT.....but she never told him.
    How about that for a bond villain Bonds long lost son who hates him for never being in his life or his mothers
    I would think that Bond knocked up Solataire if any. Maybe Melina Havelock. As for Craig, I doubt it because his lovers always died after hooking up with him.

That would be interesting, but I'm sure that Bond would do right by the child if he ever found out.
    How about that for a bond villain Bonds long lost son who hates him for never being in his life or his mothers

Read Raymond Benson's short story 'Blast From the Past' (1997) to see Bond's son James Suzuki used, along with the return of Irma Bunt.
  • How about that for a bond villain Bonds long lost son who hates him for never being in his life or his mothers

Yes! The little "blofeld" is also supposed to be one of his sons, we had to sacrifice some exposition around that for the final edit. Not far off from the resentment of Blofeld in SPECTRE...

• Dragonpol wrote: »
    Nice video!

He is already is a father, though - read the end of the YOLT novel for more details.

Great username by the way, @danielcraigslist! :)

I'll have to finally read that one, it seems he still has yet to face the consequences, though! And thanks--I was quite pleased that no one had claimed it :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    I would think that Bond knocked up Solataire if any. Maybe Melina Havelock. As for Craig, I doubt it because his lovers always died after hooking up with him.

That would be interesting, but I'm sure that Bond would do right by the child if he ever found out.

I believe that is true. Didn't Paul Haggis do something similar in a draft of QoS, about Bond being an absent parent, then walking out on that child? BB and MGW vetoed that idea, due to Bond's own childhood trauma. Bond wouldn't want to do the same to his child.

In Fleming's Diamonds Are Forever, Bond admits he would like to have some children, once he had retried, as "it wouldn't be fair" as his job is quite insecure.
  • royale65 wrote: »
    OHMSS69 wrote: »

I believe that is true. Didn't Paul Haggis do something similar in a draft of QoS, about Bond being an absent parent, then walking out on that child? BB and MGW vetoed that idea, due to Bond's own childhood trauma. Bond wouldn't want to do the same to his child.

In Fleming's Diamonds Are Forever, Bond admits he would like to have some children, once he had retried, as "it wouldn't be fair" as his job is quite insecure.

I definitely can't see Bond doing the same to a child, that said, may find a challenge in connecting with one.
    Perhaps have Bond meet Melina or Solataire years later and she presents him with his adult son (similar to how Kirk found out about David Marcus in ST 2)
    I´m sure with the current fashion of soap opera Bond, they will be happy to include the idea of Bond being a father.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    I´m sure with the current fashion of soap opera Bond, they will be happy to include the idea of Bond being a father.

A bold statement from a bold man.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Please, just don't give them any ideas @boldfinger! :))
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Read Raymond Benson's short story 'Blast From the Past' (1997) to see Bond's son James Suzuki used, along with the return of Irma Bunt.

Not liking this none cannon reunion (I wasn't aware). Not sure Fleming would have approved.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,730
    suavejmf wrote: »

Not liking this none cannon reunion (I wasn't aware). Not sure Fleming would have approved.

Probably not, but Irma Bunt was brought back by John Pearson too in his James Bond: The Authorised Biography of 007 (1973) (where she was breeding giant mutant rats in the Australian outback!), mind. I expect this was where Benson got the idea to bring back Bunt in his short story, which was his first piece of Bond fiction too, so perhaps he should be allowed some literary licence indulgence for that fact. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Well then we're all buggered.
    jake24 wrote: »

Would you care to elaborate on that statement? :)
    boldfinger wrote: »

Please, just don't give them any ideas @boldfinger! :))
    Me? That idea was Nolan´s demand for making the next Bond film.
    Beside Bond´s problems with having killed his wife leading him to lose contact with reality.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,586

It was originally a response to the thread title, before I cared to read the opening post ;).
    That was actually quite funny.

It was originally a response to the thread title, before I cared to read the opening post ;)

Oh, I see. Thanks!
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

It was originally a response to the thread title, before I cared to read the opening post ;)

Oh, I see. Thanks!

NOW I get it...
  • I'm curious as to who can find the most props/references! :)
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Well, this thread's aged like a fine wine