Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

tigers99 wrote: »
    How about Bond has to break Blofeld out for some reason? But then we're back on the Bond is rogue shtick again :(

That was also the basis of an idea I had if B25 is going to be a direct sequel to SP.

The PTS would be a nod to GE with a shadowy hooded figure infiltrating an underground facility. We would see him taking out guards and skillfully bypassing security systems. Finally, at the deepest level we would come to Blofeld's cell where the infiltrator releases him and cause a distraction elsewhere. Blofeld escapes and the infiltrator is captured and revealed as...Bond. Queue titles.

After the titles (or possibly in them) we would go back a month or so and see Bond and Madeleine enjoying retirement. Madeleine is kidnapped and Bond is forced (or brain-washed a la TMWTGG novel) into breaking out Blofeld.

I'd definitely prefer this to Madeleine being killed off at the start.

It's a bit Season 7 24 too, where Jack busts out Tony Almeyda.

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    It's a bit Season 7 24 too, where Jack busts out Tony Almeyda.

Is it? I only ever managed to get through the first episode of 24, it wasn't for me.

I doubt this would stop the writers using it though, the whole SP plot point of
    terrorist attacks being false flags to increase the power of security agencies
    has been used repeatedly in the spy genre.

• I think the next film should simply by entitle: “BLOFELD”

Get P&W to do the first draft, then someone else to pull it all together (like SF and not SP). Also Mendes and craig have toc ome back and finish the story. With how they end SP, they really have no choice.

It’s time he took centre-stage. If I was EON, I’d make the film a bit of a mash-up of the filmic OHMSS and Fleming’s YOLT.

However, I really disagree that Madeline should be killed at the outset of the film. It would be painfully obvious and turn Bond 25 into an evitable “revenge thriller”. Furthermore, it would bear too striking a resemblance to the Vesper story from CR/QOS. Plus I really like Lea Seydoux, I feel that SP really changes gear when she turns up and she elevates the film.

I want to see her and Bond build a healthy relationship and work together. I want that relationship to really become cemented in Bond 25, I liked her and Craig in SP and I liked them more together, so why break them apart. However, Madeline has to die at the end of the film. There is no way that Bond can drive off into the sunset; I know that in SP he seemingly does but Fleming always denied Bond a normal life. Every time Bond attempts to move on with his life as a secret agent he is always reminded that he actually has no choice.

Furthermore, I think Irma has to come back and Tilda Swinton has to play the role. She should be the acting head of Spectre now that Blofeld has been arrested.

I also want to see Blofeld escape from custody. I’d also love to see the fallout of his identity being revealed to the public – imagine the real world implications of the head of an international criminal outfit being run by a diminutive Austrian man. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we saw Blofeld’s trial! Maybe at the Royal Courts of Justice? And maybe it could work as a precursor to a huge action sequence on the strand? (Don’t steal my ideas EON! Well….do….but pay me)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,921
    How about Bond has to break Blofeld out for some reason? But then we're back on the Bond is rogue shtick again :(

That was also the basis of an idea I had if B25 is going to be a direct sequel to SP.

The PTS would be a nod to GE with a shadowy hooded figure infiltrating an underground facility. We would see him taking out guards and skillfully bypassing security systems. Finally, at the deepest level we would come to Blofeld's cell where the infiltrator releases him and cause a distraction elsewhere. Blofeld escapes and the infiltrator is captured and revealed as...Bond. Queue titles.

After the titles (or possibly in them) we would go back a month or so and see Bond and Madeleine enjoying retirement. Madeleine is kidnapped and Bond is forced (or brain-washed a la TMWTGG novel) into breaking out Blofeld.

I'd definitely prefer this to Madeleine being killed off at the start.

Not as dramatic as Madeleine being killed off, but I could see her leaving Bond either between films or in the Bond 25 PTS because Bond got called back on a mission against Blofeld and just couldn't say no. More Tiffany than Tracy.

I hope that the next film doesn't bring back too many previous characters. Blofeld, Madeleine, M, Q, Tanner, and Moneypenny are enough. We don't need Lucia and Hinx and the old man driving the car in Rome to show up again. Give us some new characters.

Bond 25 will be the first one of the Craig era that doesn't rely on CR characters (aside from Bond, of course). That's a testament to the character development in that script, and of course the novel.
    Furthermore, I think Irma has to come back and Tilda Swinton has to play the role. She should be the acting head of Spectre now that Blofeld has been arrested.

Oh boy, I love this idea. Somebody bring Swinton to Babs' Christmas party.
    echo wrote: »
    ...and the old man driving the car in Rome to show up again.

That thought has frozen me with terror. I can see it now: Bond is driving hell for leather through the streets of Rio, SPECTRE hot on his tail but who's this getting in his way...why, it's FIAT man from SP and his wife on holiday in their rental car...oh how hilarious.

This will happen. Shudder.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ...and the old man driving the car in Rome to show up again.

That thought has frozen me with terror. I can see it now: Bond is driving hell for leather through the streets of Rio, SPECTRE hot on his tail but who's this getting in his way...why, it's FIAT man from SP and his wife on holiday in their rental car...oh how hilarious.

This will happen. Shudder.

...yea and JW and wife can be riding in the back.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel
    - perhaps have a new 007 as one of the ones getting assassinated....

Idris Elba would work well here :))
    it would bear too striking a resemblance to the Vesper story from CR/QOS

But it's that way in the novels. Of course, there are several novels in between :)
    I think it would be interesting if someone asked Babs or MGW why Gala Brand hasn't been used, although I'm sure we'd get a non-answer.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel

how would this work for a start to the film.....

have the first PTS without Bond since TMWTGG - perhaps have it showing the assassinations of 00 agents around the world.. and since Bond has resigned - perhaps have a new 007 as one of the ones getting assassinated.... something is being set into motion, something bad - but we don't know what the possible end game is yet..

-opening credits-

open with M in meeting with the PM and Minister Of Defense - with Tanner and Moneypenny at his side.... the PM and MOD want to know what is going on with the recent deaths of 00 agents.. M can't offer an explanation - he is told to find one, or they'll be forced to take steps to resolve the matter themselves....

M leaves, and tells Moneypenny and Tanner that he is taking an early lunch...

cut to - M driving up to house in the country (or a downtown flat)... he knocks on the front door... Bond (Craig) opens the door.. "Mallory." - "Bond." - "Are you lost?" - "Enjoying retirement?" ... anyways, they sit down and converse (we can see Madeleine hanging around as well).. Bond knows M isn't there for a social call, so he asks him to spill it... M confesses to Bond that 00 agents are dropping like flies, something is going on, and former fellow agents, people he knew and worked beside are compromised... Bond regretfully reiterates to M that he is done with that life - M, sensing Bond is full of it - calls his bluff.. he more or less tells Bond, "this "normal" life, is it really all it's cracked up to be.. or is there something missing inside?"... Bond doesn't answer, but M can see in Bond's eyes, that perhaps he isn't as happy as he's pretending to be... M excuses himself and leaves...

cut to - night time, Bond is lying in bed with Swann - she is fast asleep, lying on her side, Bond is behind her, arm draped over her - he is wide awake - you can see in his eyes, that his mind is going a mile minute....... he slowly sneaks out of bed - he sits in his living room, a drink sweating on the table next to him - a half empty bottle of liquor next to the glass as he casually cleans a firearm he has disassembled - and then reassembles.... Bond looks over, and sees Swann leaning in the doorway - Bond, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." ... "Save your apology, i've heard it enough." (we get the sense that this isn't the first time this has happened, in fact, it seems to be a regular occurrence)... She tries to get Bond to admit his true feelings, but he wont - he doesn't want to upset her, so he remains quiet... She tells Bond, all she wants is for him to be himself, and to be happy - and what he decides is ultimately his choice, but that she can't live a life reading the obituaries... she walks back to bed, leaving Bond alone with his thoughts.. and his drink...

cut to - morning (either the next day, or a couple days later)... Whitehall... M opens the door to Moneypenny's office - they exchange pleasantries... M opens the big leather door to his office, he stops - Bond is sitting waiting for him.. "Sir." - M nods and smirks "Welcome back."

and then we are off and running from there..

I like it.

However, I think you need a better reason for Bond to decide to return. He needs a bigger impetus. I agree that since leaving it's likely he has only thought about returning, however, he needs more agency than a call from Mallory.

I think someone Bond is close to should be personally hurt at the beginning, some vague 00's we know nothing of are not good enough - I think Moneypenny or Q should get seriously injured (not too injured to sit out the rest of the film).

Also Bond would never retire and live in a flat in London. It's James Bond for Christ's sake. He'd be off in Jamaica or some such place.
    I think it would be interesting if someone asked Babs or MGW why Gala Brand hasn't been used, although I'm sure we'd get a non-answer.

i believe her character was originally in DAD - but through rewrites, they ended up changing her into Miranda Frost..

Yes, Rosamund Pike would say that she felt it sounded like a pork pie or something.
    How about a return from Benecio Del Toro playing a villain?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Isn't it time Bond addressed real-world terrorism, in some shape or form? Especially now.

Or is that too macabre...
    No way will they touch it but they can imply a connection. Arms dealing would be a possible route as terrorists have the get those AK47s and explosives from some where so if Bond fought an arms dealer or a section of SPECTRE that was dealing in arms, the audience would have no issues in seeing that the bad guy was indeed a bad guy and that Bond was the hero in stopping arms supply

i believe her character was originally in DAD - but through rewrites, they ended up changing her into Miranda Frost..

The character name, but not the character. Brand isn't a traitor. Quite the opposite, in fact. She's defined by her loyalty.
    AceHole wrote: »
    Isn't it time Bond addressed real-world terrorism, in some shape or form? Especially now.

I think just touching on it--a la Vesper's line in CR--is enough.

AceHole wrote: »

Hmm, I started a thread about how seriously we should take Bond - in terms of how light/dark they should be - and people seem to like a mix. The Bonds have always had that aspect of the fantastical, and to some degree having its tongue in its cheek. The events in Paris were truly horrifying. Not sure how that can sit in Bond's world with its light touch - might not be all that sensitive.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2015 Posts: 16,328
    Bond works better as escapist fantasy instead of a commentary on current events. I wouldn't want to see Bond take on real world terrorists, much less real political figures.
    TLD is the prime example of what not to do.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    TLD is the prime example of what not to do.

Why? What's wrong with TLD?
    Involving politics in the final third where Bond allies with the proto-Taliban. To be fair, it was also an anti-Russian story, but this choice has dated the film terribly.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Gunbarrel: Bond walks in the screen, turns to shoot the cameraman, but the other guy is faster and shoots Bond.

Then the whole movie revolves around Moneypenny, Q, M and 009.

End credits: James Bond won't return
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    PTS - Private Airfield in England - Blofeld is being handed over by the British to the American's who wish to try him in a state with the death penalty for prior Quantum offences, and with UK intelligence still rebuilding and checking for further leaks they agree to hand him to the Americans. However Spectre have also infiltrated the CIA who kill the British agents accompanying on the flight. They parachute off with Blofeld and plunge the plane in to the sea in the Atlantic.

Act1
    Zooms in to
    Bond is in the South of France or Italy with Madeleine.

They are having dinner outside on a terrace, laughing, looking in to each others eyes. A shadow comes over Bond from behind and Madeleine's facial expression drops. "Do you mind if I join you" says M. " Bond that all depends "Business or pleasure". Mallory "I know it's awfully rude Ms Swann, but would you mind if James and I have a moment in private" Bond nods and winks at her". "Fine" says Madeleine. Bond gets up and he and Mallory walk to the hotel bar. "With the look on your face Gareth, you look like you could do with a stiff drink" says Bond adding "Why do I get the feeling im not going to like this". Mallory proceeds to tell Bond what has happened. Bond is clearly angry at the incompetence. But tells Mallory "I'm not interested, anyway the plane went down the son of bitch is dead, we should be grateful" Mallory tells Bond "its not quite that simple "This is the cockpit recordings from the flight recorder, you can hear gun shots being fired and then static then Blofeld voice on the distorted recording Cuckooooooooooo!, then there is this" says Mallory and shows him video of the SPECTRE symbol showing on the screens simultaneously in time square, Piccadilly Circus and Tokyo with words "A New World Order" and a clock counting down. "We need you James, we are not yet fully operational, and to make matters worse two of my agents were on that flight. We're not even sure that our seals are tight after Denbigh, and I need someone I can trust"

(I like Haserot ideas so I will steal a little), Madeleine is sleeping he is sat on a chair under the moonlight from the window drinking looking at her. He puts down his glass and walks over and kisses her on the forehead and whispers sorry.

Cut to London HQ - Camera showing just Bonds legs walking down a corridor and turn in to the Reception of M's office - Camera cuts to behind MP she is bent over placing files in the lower drawer of the cabinet when Bond enters, she can't see him as she has her back turned and says "just leave whatever it is on my desk, I will get to it later". Bond replies "see, I always knew you wanted me on your desk" MP turns around and her face lights up, she walks over and hugs him. MP says "what are you doing here", Bond replies "I missed the rain". MP informs Bond "Mallory was just on his way back from a meeting with the Defence Minister, but he can wait in M's office", Mallory returns and enters the office, he has his head down and looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, when he looks up he locks eyes on Bond sat on his chair. Bond jumps out of the seat and says "never did fancy promotion" the weight looks lifted from Mallory and manages a smile "Thanks for coming James". They sit and talk about the latest info, he asks Bond to work alongside the CIA "It was at their request, that we assist, but I must remind you James that this is their operation, as Oberhauser was in their custody and was their prisoner"

Bond then visits Q they have the usual bit of light hearted fun, and Bond is on his way, arrives in the New York and is picked up by Felix.... that's as far as I have gotten.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    edited November 2015 Posts: 108
    Good read.

I myself am very conflicted when thinking about next movie.

On one hand I really, really, really want DC to return. On the other, Spectre could be viewed as a perfect end to his tenure.

Only way that I see that honors events in Spectre and continues the story is Blofeld escaping and killing Swann and then faithful (as much as it's possible, if they can crack it) adaptation of YOLT. If that scenario is done right it may be something special.
    But there also lies the dilemma. Should he lose another one? Is it too soon? Is another dark movie too much? How to end it, like in the novel, with him having an amnesia but wanting to remember?
    Also, that kind of movie could be difficult to promote, some of it's big spoilers would have to be reviled in the promo materials.

Totally disregarding the Swann character or quickly dismissing it would undermine their Spectre story, I think.

Should the whole YOLT adaptation be left for later, for the next actor, maybe in the middle of his tenure?
    In any case, looking forward to finding out what's next.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    They don't really need to kill Swann. Blofeld could capture her forcing Bond to go and take Blofeld down for good then saves her and go the Gala Brand road and have her leave Bond as it's too dangerous for them to be together.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,215
    I've decided to make a Bond 25 fan screenplay and casting as a little side hobby in my spare time. Basically it's about a month after the events of Spectre. The newly revitalized MI6 attempts to close in on Spectre in Bond's absence. Problem is, Spectre is better at covering their tracks than we had thought and proving the involvement of many industry and world leaders is looking nearly impossible. The supreme court president (Colin Firth) is losing patience and is urging Mallory to do whatever is at his disposal to ensure justice is served, even if that means lying, cheating and falsifying evidence once a loose lead opens up with the head of a massive healthcare conglomerate pioneering the development of a vaccine for one of the world's deadliest epidemics. A vigilante hacker society (not unlike anonymous) contacts MI6 covertly and offers to do their dirty work.

Meanwhile in Madeira, Bond is adjusting to civilian life but his behavior due to chronic boredom, lassitude and apparent purposelessness is raising Madeleine's doubts as to whether or not he is capable of living as they intended or if he is too far gone.

"Following the events of Spectre, espionage is brought to the world stage as paranoia over national security and government corruption grows. The newly revitalized SIS headed by Gareth Mallory (Ralph Fiennes) fights to lawfully expose the deeply rooted tentacles of Spectre in one of the world's leading pharmaceutical corporations headed by Dr. Ignace Gallia (Vincent Cassel) who is leading the development of a vaccine to a worldwide epidemic. Meanwhile, a retired Bond struggles to fight his assassin instincts in order to live a normal life with his wife Madeleine (Lea Seydoux).

With tensions rising between government intelligence services, megacorporations, and a vigilante hacker society, will Bond walk away from the life he fought so hard to live only to be drawn back into the darkness?
    "

FYI if you're wondering what will happen to Madeleine...
    Madeleine is not killed by Blofeld. She is hospitalized after a reckless driving incident with Bond, after which she decides that despite his best intentions, he's too far gone and isn't capable of living a "normal" life. She tells him to go back and finish the job (meaning Spectre). During her hospitalization, Madeleine contracts the mysterious virus and dies.

Cast
    Daniel Craig as James Bond
    Ralph Fiennes as M
    Colin Firth as Supreme Court President, Lord Conrad O'Brien
    Vincent Cassel as Ignace Gallia
    Lea Seydoux as Madeleine Swann
    Priyanka Chopra as Priya Rao (head of hacker collectivist society, Legion
    Christoph Waltz as Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Directed by Cary Fukunaga
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If Mendes can dial back the brother nonsense and not reference it too obviously in Bond 25 then I'm willing to let him have a third and final go.

They need to get the story worked out before they go into it, get P&W to bash out something, look lets face it, it's going to be them and it doesn't matter how much we whinge about it so we better accept it.

It's inevitable they they'll then bring someone else on board to get into a more credible script, P&W need their work improved, letting them polish instead of create was a mistake. Logan shouldn't have got as far as he did but letting them do the one thing they've had done to them since CR was while ironic was not a good idea.

My ideal option would be actually to go for a 2 film arc to end the Craig era it's not going to happen but humour me.

We get a plot where Bond is a civilian at the start but is drawn back to MI6 when ESB escapes and has to accept he needs to take him down for satisfaction, the PTS could be him being targeted by ESB by SPECTRE agents on his orders while in captivity. Bond would foil this plot but possibly give him the impression he's dead for a period of time.

ESB isn't bothered about looking Bond in the eye and pulling the trigger he just wants him out the way now so he can concentrate on his next scheme and he can't do this in captivity under the control of MI6 so the opening after the credits is a brilliantly staged sequence where SPECTRE operatives break him out of MI6.

Bond returns to London and persuades M to return his double O status so he can track down ESB. Realising that he can't go on with him out there especially when he's already tried to kill him. We would see Waltz briefly throughout the film but he would disappear into the shadows but become far more mysterious and ruthless but him and Bond would not meet during the first part, this would be a globe trotting well paced adventure where Bond goes looking for leads, a bit like when Bond goes looking for the micro film in SWLM.

I even thought you could have him confront Guy Haines, Paul Ritter is a great dramatic as well as comedic actor and a chance to elaborate on that character with the Quantum connection would be great. MI6 know who he is but he's been kept on a short leash but manages to influences ESB escape through his connections. Bond senses his involvement, tracks him down but before he can say too much SPECTRE assassins take him out but he leaves Bond a cryptic clue which leads him onto his next lead.

This moment could send off Bond into is adventure for the first part, we could then get a big cliffhanger at the end which would lead into the next film which would be Bond finally finding ESB and along with an armed force raiding his hideout. You could include Felix and even possibly bring Camille back into it at some point during the 2 films.

The thing is Swann, you could have her go into protective custody but that doesn't last and she is abducted but this wouldn't be revealed until Bond confronts ESB and he reveals her like an ace up his sleeve and taunts Bond with it.

I'm not a script writer but just a few ideas, Craig's era needs to end with a bang.

Instead you just take that idea and condense into one film but just a minute didn't they already do that with SPECTRE?

They could then either end it in a way that another actor could pick up the baton and run with the same era or more likely reboot the timeline and the new actor begin outside of this era, it would be a shame though to not to let this new MI6 crew run with a new actor.
  • I'd kind of like to see Madeleine completely disappear by the next one with no explanation whatsoever. I mean, before Craig's tenure, 19/20 of the Bond movies had Bond get the girl in the end and she was replaced by the next one with no mention why. No offense to Madeleine, but I say continue that tradition. ;)
  • I think with Bond's decision to retire being because of Madeleine, I don't think she'll just disappear. She's too significant of a character in Craig's arc.