SPECTRE - Collectibles, books, toys and other random junk

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    GG Thanks for that, some of us haven't seen the film yet...
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,182
    @jake24 @dire399 @antovolk did you buy the ring from ebay from the singapore buyer? If yes, where are you from and how many days did it take to arrive to you? Mine was sent on the 4th but no news about it yet

@SkyfallCraig, I bought the same ring as well. It took 6 days for it to get to the UK. I placed the order on a Tuesday and received the ring the following Monday.

PS: Just realised the image I posted a few days ago doesn't work. I'm going to fix it later today.
  • QBranch wrote: »
    GG Thanks for that, some of us haven't seen the film yet...

I am sorry. But you have to understand....at one moment this spoiler thing fades away....as the film premieres in more countries.

One advice I have for you. And that's what I did when "SPECTRE" premiered in the UK: Don't enter this forum.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24 @dire399 @antovolk did you buy the ring from ebay from the singapore buyer? If yes, where are you from and how many days did it take to arrive to you? Mine was sent on the 4th but no news about it yet

I live in Toronto, and I think it took just over two weeks to get here.
  • Bought this yesterday at a local liquor store. Top and bottom connect to make a cocktail shaker!

And it was 50% off!

CTsza12XIAAwbGw.jpg:large
  • What is going on with Bond related collectables this time around? Lots of things are being released several weeks/months after the films release for a start - surely it makes more sense to release before the film to cash in. Some things just appear out of the blue (jigsaw puzzles and top trumps are the latest additions on Amazon), with no apparent prior announcement.

There also seem to be no clear release dates for Bond related merchandise. I've had a vague end of November release date given by the Cartamundi Facebook page for their new Bond playing cards, and Corgi will be releasing in January, at some point.

I've also ordered three Bond books in the last couple of months that have all missed their release date, Some Kind of Hero by a couple of weeks. The most recent to be affected is the SPECTRE edition of The James Bond Archives, which was cancelled once by Amazon, and has now been removed again, despite still appearing in my order history. Has anyone got any info on this?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,020
    I got all the books I've ordered except the James Bond Archives Spectre Edition.
    It's still in my order history and says it will be despatched shortly.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I got all the books I've ordered except the James Bond Archives Spectre Edition.
    It's still in my order history and says it will be despatched shortly.

Same here. Was hoping to have it by now.....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I still need to purchase Blood, Sweat, and Bond.
    JBond007 wrote: »
    What is going on with Bond related collectables this time around? Lots of things are being released several weeks/months after the films release for a start - surely it makes more sense to release before the film to cash in. Some things just appear out of the blue (jigsaw puzzles and top trumps are the latest additions on Amazon), with no apparent prior announcement.

There also seem to be no clear release dates for Bond related merchandise. I've had a vague end of November release date given by the Cartamundi Facebook page for their new Bond playing cards, and Corgi will be releasing in January, at some point.

I've also ordered three Bond books in the last couple of months that have all missed their release date, Some Kind of Hero by a couple of weeks. The most recent to be affected is the SPECTRE edition of The James Bond Archives, which was cancelled once by Amazon, and has now been removed again, despite still appearing in my order history. Has anyone got any info on this?
    Perhaps the late releases are due to Oberhauser spoilers? I'd imagine Blood Sweat and Bond the Spectre archives would have quite a bit of coverage on that certain twist in the movie.
  • TR007 wrote: »
    JBond007 wrote: »
    What is going on with Bond related collectables this time around? Lots of things are being released several weeks/months after the films release for a start - surely it makes more sense to release before the film to cash in. Some things just appear out of the blue (jigsaw puzzles and top trumps are the latest additions on Amazon), with no apparent prior announcement.

Perhaps the late releases are due to Oberhauser spoilers? I'd imagine Blood Sweat and Bond the Spectre archives would have quite a bit of coverage on that certain twist in the movie.
    Some Kind of Hero was due to be released on 5th Oct, but I didn't receive it until 21st Oct. The SPECTRE section is purely about the announcement of the film. I think Bond by Design was delayed by a few days as well for some reason.

I think Blood, Sweat and Bond was released when it should have been (27th Oct), but there was still confusion on Amazon's part. Although, like the Bond on Set books, it reveals the order and structure of the film, I wouldn't say there are any major spoilers re. Oberhauser apart from
    an image or two of Waltz with a scar. I don't think he's referred to as Blofeld at all in the book.
    Strange, seeing as the very nature of the book spoils the film as a whole if you read the book having not seen the film.

You may be right about the Archives books, but they still appear to have missed the original release date despite the film being out in most countries now.
    Saw the Scalextric set (DB 10, and the Jaguar) in a model shop in Cardiff (the one on Wood Street, near the Comics Guru, for those who know the Welsh capital city).

c1336_spectre-flat_1_2.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I always get these three when a movie releases: the book if there is one, the CD, and the Corgi if there is one. BS&B arrived yesterday along with the CD from Amazon, now waiting til summer of '16 for the Corgi. (They say January- when have they ever made a deadline?)
    Can someone please explain what is going on with the Spectre edition of the James Bond Archives?
    Has it been released yet? It seems that you can buy a copy on the Taschen website now for €150, yet on Amazon it is listed as being in the £30 range, however it's release date keeps getting pushed back every week!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Has anyone had a chance to look through "James Bond Cars" by Frederic Brun?
    Has anyone had a chance to look through "James Bond Cars" by Frederic Brun?

Yep, received it last week. What do you wanna know? Or should I post pictures?
    Is it any good? Thinking of buying it. Sounds fantastic from the description. Does it go pretty in depth?
    Is it any good? Thinking of buying it. Sounds fantastic from the description. Does it go pretty in depth?

I really can recommend it.
    It features countless wonderful photographs of the cars and every car's backstory and link to the movie is described in great detail.

Here are some photos that I have just taken :)

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    Do they tell you specifications? (Colour, weight, etc.)
    No, it's a description of the history of the cars, how they came to be in the Bond movies and what special gadgets they got.
    It is very informative but from a movie fan's point of view rather than from a car fan's point of view I guess.
    Ah, no matter. I'll still pick it up anyway. Looks good!

To those who have seen Spectre, what promo stuff did they have for sale at the cinemas? With Skyfall, we here in Australia got a plastic popcorn 'tube' and a real decent cocktail shaker with shot glass/lid deal:

22777117327_9d367bbfd4_o.png

This time around for Spectre, we got the standard cardboard popcorn box and drink cup - the latter being the highlight, with a sturdy lid and straw, and rather classy chrome lettering/chrome strip running down the side:

22542770914_6b8ff0f215_o.png

These SF/SP designs are too similar for my liking, but I guess on the plus side, they all match nicely - like part of a big set. Also, it's good to see a bit of variety there with box, tube, cup and shaker:

22544266213_273832664c_o.png

While I was at the cinema, I inquired about their standees, and managed to snag the only Spectre standee there! Awesome! A bit anxious though, as I haven't seen the standee yet, but will pass it when I go to watch the new film in the next week or so. I hope it's a full size one. Of course, I have to wait til the end of the run to receive the standee, but will post pics when it arrives.

So what cinema-related stuff did you get?
  • Anyone know if anyone is selling Spectre rings in women's sizes?
    @jackdagger The ring I (and many other members here) purchased comes in size 8 to 13. It really is a beautiful piece and highly accurate IMO, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-James-Bond-007-Stainless-Steel-Ring-Prop-accurate-Men-/161808666577?var=&hash=item25ac8c4fd1:m:mNVm5mY4-2SUSNJarZaRXlg
  • Thanks, but unfortunately that'd be way too big. I have really small hands. I think I'd need a size 6 to fit my pointer finger.
    Maybe if it continues to sell well they'll make more sizes. :)
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada

I really can recommend it.
    It features countless wonderful photographs of the cars and every car's backstory and link to the movie is described in great detail.

Here are some photos that I have just taken :)

It looks like a beautiful, beautiful book. Quite informative too, judging from the little bits I read via the images you posted. Sadly, for one reason or another, the book appears to be not available where I live. Neither amazon or local establishments are carrying it. It's wait and see status at the moment, but if it becomes available I'll definitely order a copy. Thanks for sharing the photos!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    edited November 2015 Posts: 364

So what cinema-related stuff did you get?

Nothing in my neck of the woods. When I saw the film for the first time with friends a couple weeks ago, the idea of maybe buying a cinema collectible crossed my mind, and I did take a peek, but nothing was being sold.

@QBranch: On the topic of standees, is it easy to get those? I've been told before that cinema have to send those back to the studios (presumably to be recycled and turned into new standees). Is that a load of bollocks or not?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,400
    I was supposed to get this GoldenEye standee. I did a radio promotion for the movie, we gave away a BMW for it, and the manager who was a friend of mine asked that I bring the car over for the opening night, so I did. (Our screening was like two nights earlier.) I asked about the standee for my office, he said come back on Saturday morning to get it. So I did, and someone had stolen it overnight.

KoKmNzo.jpg

Here's the car the night of the opening.

4N8aRCt.jpg