Deadly attacks in Paris / Brussels / Nice (07/14/2016)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When will this virus stop spreading? Sorry for your loss, everybody.
    mepal1 : I hear the sirens, I ride in front of there twice a day to go to work, I can be there in 3 minutes with my bike, I have the French news, and they confirm the 100 deaths figure in it. I've seen the survivors leave the scene on my TV

Absolutely terrible isn't it..............yes, obviously it takes time for all the details to filter to all the foreign news networks.
    Have any of the gunmen been killed or captured yet?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I can't go to bed now. I feel like I need closure for this episode, yet closure will never come. Not even when every last one of those terrorists is blown away, I'll still not have closure. There are no words for this.
  • 4 terrorists shot down according to the police.
    118 deaths at least, officially confirmed.
    4 terrorists shot down according to the police.
    118 deaths at least, officially confirmed.

Do the authorities in France, have any idea as to how many gunmen are involved in these violent acts tonight?

edited November 2015 Posts: 23,449
    Do we know at this point how many terrorists are involved? I mean in total?

Edit: @mepal1 was first.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Hypothesis so far as told by the media : 4 terrorists first shot in the street of paris, killing about 40 persons total in the street, then all 4 gathered at the concert hall, and kill about 80 more there, and were shot. In the meantime, another terrorist planted two bombs near the France-Germany match stadium, and committed suicide bombing. So 5 persons, all dead now. Pressure is indeed low now, it doesn't feel like there are other terrorists running wild in Paris. TVs are broadcasting live again from the streets (there was some delay during the hostage crisis)

With all the uncertainties so early.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    What a horror show. It's maddening and sad all at once.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Another senseless tragedy.
    I can feel hatred burning inside me.
    I wonder how this may or may not affect the war in Syria.
    The only thing these terrorist will achieve is an increased blood lust against their own kind, those lower forms of life known as religious fundamentalists.
    It feels so "random". Here are the two restaurants that were the targets of the most violent attacks in the street before the concert hall.

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8717942,2.3678749,3a,75y,150.49h,86.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stJ7rVxw2qiD7zpfNqHTLLQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It's so "unremarkable"...
    I'm disgusting myself right now, craving blood, stooping to their level. This is what senseless acts of violence result in.
  • possibly not 1 suicide bomber planting two bombs, but 3 suicide bombers, near the stadium (who killed no one else it seems !)
    horrible just horrible #Prayers4Pairs
    one of the most surreal thing is that you can hear one of the bomb during the TV broadcast of the France-Germany match (that they didn't stop in order not to create some panic). Crowd thinks it's a stupid hooligan stuff, and players are puzzled for a few seconds.

I'm now being told that 5 terrorist have been killed.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I can't go to bed now. I feel like I need closure for this episode, yet closure will never come. Not even when every last one of those terrorists is blown away, I'll still not have closure. There are no words for this.

I feel the same. Got insomnia.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    horrible just horrible #Prayers4Pairs

I'm feeling even more irreligious tonight than I usually so I won't pray.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Stuff like this makes me angry. My heart goes out to the families of those affected.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 6,601
    We shouldn't "hate" the terrorosts, but the high in the Olymp politicians and many, that we don't even know, who do their best to destabalise the world due to their own interests. Its really just very few people, who have the world at its balls and manipulate the rest.These young men are just marionettes, being used for much different goals, then they think. And as long as - on the surface even - the world acts as expected AND wanted, it will not stop.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    My thoughts are with all this affected. Awful news.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Wars have no boundaries now. It's an enemy sprinkled across the globe who hold the citizenship of different countries.
    One Frenchman called it almost a civil war because some of these men would hold French passports.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Like many I am both disgusted and appalled at these cowardly attacks in Paris.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ludovico wrote: »
    #Prayers4Pairs

Probably best I don't comment on that at this juncture. It's far too early to get into all that.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    #Prayers4Pairs

Probably best I don't comment on that at this juncture. It's far too early to get into all that.

I don't think it is too early. This crime has been signed and labeled.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But for good people to do bad things -- that takes religion.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    "The near-simultaneous attacks in Paris that killed at least 127 people and wounded more than 180 were an "act of war" organised by Islamic State, says France's President Francois Hollande."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34820016

I'm so angry right now, no words can express my hatred towards terrorists. My thoughts are with the victims.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Religion has nothing to do with this. It is people simply carrying out mindless acts of violence to serve their personal agendas.
    I'm disgusting myself right now, craving blood, stooping to their level. This is what senseless acts of violence result in.

Yes, that is the big problem - violence begets violence. When Western govts bomb Muslem countries, does this solve problems or make things worse? Look at Syria, the US and Russia cannot agree on who are the bad guys to bomb. In Iraq the US is allied with Iran fight to fight ISIS, but in Yemen the US is fighting Iran with Iraqis and Saudis. In these days of easy travel between countries, and mass migration into Europe from countries we are bombing, it is all too easy for someone to seek revenge

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Troy wrote: »

Yes, that is the big problem - violence begets violence. When Western govts bomb Muslem countries, does this solve problems or make things worse? Look at Syria, the US and Russia cannot agree on who are the bad guys to bomb. In Iraq the US is allied with Iran fight to fight ISIS, but in Yemen the US is fighting Iran with Iraqis and Saudis. In these days of easy travel between countries, and mass migration into Europe from countries we are bombing, it is all too easy for someone to seek revenge

Yep all our fault as usual.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 14,799
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Religion has nothing to do with this. It is people simply carrying out mindless acts of violence to serve their personal agendas.

Of course religion has something to do with, a particular religion, just like the terrorist attack against Charlie Hebdo. The terrorists shouted the infamous Islamic slogan for crying out loud. Yes, there are other factors, but let's not ignore that this was also an act of religious devotion.
This discussion has been closed.