Craig: stay or go? has SPECTRE changed any opinions?

Comments

• RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Either that, or find new, interesting locations within London to use.

I've been saying this since SF. They've only shown one side of London in these last two films.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    What do people have against London?

I found the contrast of London to the Desert, Tangiers, Mexico and Rome perfect!

Bond's an MI6 agent - they work abroad, MI5 work 'from home', bringing Bond on home turf once (Skyfall movie - Moonraker book) worked, but twice in two movies, no thanks.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Stay on until B26, as long as they make them fast enough so Craig isn't Moore's age by the time he retires. Same thing I've been saying since QoS.
  • I'd like DC for one more only because SP felt like part 1 of 2, originally there had been talk of filming back to back movies, but DC said it would be (Expletive) impossible.

I wonder though if they shot some scenes for a 2nd film. :-/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RC7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Either that, or find new, interesting locations within London to use.

I've been saying this since SF. They've only shown one side of London in these last two films.
    Yes, true. I'm not sure if the The London Tourist Board has been consulted (probably) but they need to broaden their location choices going forward, if they plan to keep a portion of the future films there.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have always wanted him to do five, and I think he will.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd be fine with Craig staying and doing a fifth.

For me, the way that SP concluded, it could go either one of two ways:

A.) The film doesn't make that much/receives poor reviews, so Mendes and Craig leave together and let a new director and actor take over for a brand new story in a few years.
    B.) It performs very well at the box office/is received remotely well, and Mendes and Craig return to continue the wrath of SPECTRE.

After SP, Craig is 3-1 for me, which is a wonderful track record. He's ending on a high note if SP is his last, but I'd enjoy seeing him go all out again and do one more before it's too late.
    100% stay! I not only love him in the role but also want him to beat Brosnan's total. Technically he has more time in the role due to the longer run times, but I want a 5th from him. He deserves to be close to Moore and Connery in terms of total number. I really want 6 from Craig. That would be amazing. I also want some more time with the new team they have brought together; Q, M, and Moneypenny deserve some more time to develop with Craig's Bond. That way they are more established when the new 007 comes on board. I don't want a complete overhaul when they move on. I want the three of them to stay and work with the new Bond.
    I think there should always be a new team w/a new Bond -- a complete reboot -- but it would be shame to not have at least more movie w/the current team.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    edited November 2015 Posts: 538
    @The_Reaper I like your thinking. Just beat PB.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    He should stay! Spectre was great! Back to the Caribbean again? Have Madeline just vanish. Would be a cliche to kill her
  • He should stay! Spectre was great! Back to the Caribbean again? Have Madeline just vanish. Would be a cliche to kill her

But usually the Bond girls do vanish by the next film, so wouldn't that make the former more cliche? :-??
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Madeleine can be the 2nd Bond girl to come back and play the same role.. Maybe a smaller role will do. Think back to Sylvia Trench.. DN and FRWL.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Wanting Craig to have a fifth just to beat Brosnan is pathetic [-(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,686
    If Craig does a 5th it will be to get closer to the big two, Sir Rog and Sir Sean, not to 'beat that Brosnan guy'. I think Craig has a big respect for the franchise and he doesn't think in terms of 'I want to beat him in the amount of movies made', but more like 'let's get closer to the big two Bond's.'
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    If anything SP has made me adamant that DC should stay on, whereas I wasn't quite so sure after SF... He absolutely nailed cinematic 007 in SP for me.
    He's already beaten Brosnan in every conceivable way. :D

And yes, it's more for what DaltonCraig007 said for me, about Craig getting closer to matching the two Bond giants in Connery and Moore.
    I'd like him to do a 5th for the reasons outlined above (he's interpreted the role differently enough from the two standard bearers that he deserves to get closer to them in terms of numbers made at least).

Having said that, I wouldn't be unhappy if he decided to call it quits either (of course it would depend on who they choose as his replacement though) since he seems to have wrapped up 'his story' quite nicely in SP.

Also, I've decided I want Mendes gone, so if that means DC leaving too, I'm ok with that.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I agree with every word of this.
    Wanting Craig to have a fifth just to beat Brosnan is pathetic [-(

He doesn't need too. He was a better Bond than Brosnan after CR alone anyway.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 582
    Pierce gets a bit of a hard time on here doesn't he! :) He's my 5th Favourite Bond, but he was good in GoldenEye and was hampered by a series of films that grew more formulaic and ridiculous with DAD. I think without Bond he wouldn't have gone on to do some fo the things he's done since, but give the guy a break - he can do a pain face better than me any day of the week :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pierce had a 5th Bond movie. It was an interactive motion picture called Everything or Nothing. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Pierce had a 5th Bond movie. It was an interactive motion picture called Everything or Nothing. ;)

And that was all he deserved.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

And that was all he deserved.

It was certainly better than Die Another Day. And had one of the Best Bond game soundtracks ever. :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm torn but the idea of Martin Campbell and David Arnold returning to bookend Daniels era is intriguing.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I'm torn but the idea of Martin Campbell and David Arnold returning to bookend Daniels era is intriguing.

I'd rather the Craig films move further away from people from the Brosnan era. It would be rather a retrograde step.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Cowley wrote: »

I'd rather the Craig films move further away from people from the Brosnan era. It would be rather a retrograde step.
    I've always associated Arnold with the Brosnan era, despite him doing two for Craig's time. So I agree with you on him. Let's move on please.

RE: Campbell - I think he did a better job on CR than on GE, & they were both suitably different, yet decent, imho. So I wouldn't mind him coming back because I'm pretty sure he'd know what to do a third time and give us something fresh and different again (he is actually essential if we are going to a new Bond actor). A Campbell trilogy to equal the Young/Gilbert ones would be great for Bond. It's not going to happen though. I'm sure of it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited November 2015 Posts: 7,889
    Cowley wrote: »

I can appreciate that but respectfully disagree. This team arguably produced what many consider the Best Bond film ever, or at least in many top fives. Both the director and composer adapted beautifully to a new actor.
    Campbell is close to his 100th birthday, not going to happen.
    Craig can stay as long as he wants (3 movies maybe) but is time for Mendes to move on, and bring in a new director with a fresh approach.
    I do thank Sam for his services. Made a couple of well received big box office successes.