Will the "007 theme" ever return ?

in Music Posts: 2,491

007 theme =/= James Bond theme.

Seeing as Craig's movies add nostalgia elements here and there, I think it would be perfect if they put elements of 007 theme into the future OSTs for Bond movies. It will be nice to hear the 007 theme again.

Comments

Here here, it's long overdue, I can think of half a dozen action scenes that would be far better with that tune instead of the dull crap we seem to get these days!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This version would have been great in SPECTRE.
  • I'd love to hear an updated version, like how the Spectre had the newer sounding OHMSS theme in it
    The 007 theme was last heard in Moonraker, correct? I think it should make a comeback, but I doubt it ever will.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I would for it to return. Surprised Arnold didn't work it in there somewhere.
    Boy oh boy, the hairs on your neck stand, such imperious energy and flow, not sure if would fit these days.
    I think it would have worked perfectly in the finale of Quantum of Solace at that hotel.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Or maybe the ice lake chase in DAD. Hmm Astons and Jaguars must not get along.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i thought i remember Arnold saying that he always pictured that 007 theme being used when Bond is at his most Bondian moment - and didn't particularly care to use that piece of music flippantly.. he had a lot of respect to that specific piece of music..

but i also thought i read somewhere, that there was some kind of copyright Barry had over that particular song, and that it couldn't be used even if Arnold (or whoever) wanted to use it.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    If there was a movie to bring in back SP would have been a great opportunity. SPOILER: There's no 007 Theme in SP.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    If there was a movie to bring in back SP would have been a great opportunity. SPOILER: There's no 007 Theme in SP.

if Newman can't be bothered do his own version of the Bond theme (he keeps reusing Arnold's).. i wouldn't trust him with the 007 theme.
    Here's the most recent version I could find. It's a great arrangement by Nic Raine.
This discussion has been closed.