Major Bond news - Daniel Craig is not contracted to a fifth Bond film. MG Wilson confirmed this

Daniel Craig is not contracted to a fifth James Bond film. MG Wilson revealed this in a new interview.
"I think we've got Daniel Craig," Wilson told The Hollywood Reporter, likening the situation to director Sam Mendes, who planned to exit the franchise after Skyfall, but returned for SPECTRE. "[Mendes] said they were never going to make the picture again, and he told the press that."

That said, Craig is not contractually obligated to return, as Wilson confirmed: "We don't have a contract."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/07/daniel-craig-producer-michael-g-wilson-both-think-hell-reprise-role-for-james-bond-25

So everyone was wrong about Craig still under contract. I guess Craig was signed up to one film with the option on more (perhaps three?). He is not under contract to do Bond 25 which may explain his comments two days after filming SPECTRE.

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Why open a new thread for this???
    It could go in the Daniel Craig appreciation thread, the Will Craig return for Bond 25 thread or even others.

Waste of space...some mod should close this.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Well it's major news about Bond 25, surely? Craig is not under contract to appear in Bond 25 so it seemed the most appropriate place for this thread.

It's not meant as a positive comment about Craig so I don't think it needs to go in the appreciation thread. But if the mod wants to move it, fine with me. :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,548
    It isn't NEWS. MW said this several months ago: DC's contract is "open."
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Tough crowd
    Yeah, why open a new thread indeed, "will Craig return" seems like a natural place for this "news", surely?
    People need to chill out about threads that might or might not be repetitive or superfluous. Who cares? Does it threaten to crash this site because of... what exactly? Relax. It's all good.
    Contracts are tomorrows toilet paper (O-tone DC) and that's the truth. If he had a contract and nobody wanted him anymore, it wouldn't help his cause. Like this, he doesn't have one, but the prods want him back.
    I never understood, why everbody was feeling, that a contract would be the answer to anything. Its not.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Contracts are tomorrows toilet paper (O-tone DC) and that's the truth. If he had a contract and nobody wanted him anymore, it wouldn't help his cause. Like this, he doesn't have one, but the prods want him back.
    I never understood, why everbody was feeling, that a contract would be the answer to anything. Its not.

Well said GL.

It SP had done a John Carter he could have had a 10 film contract and it wouldn't have stopped them binning him.

The bottom line is youre only as good as your last film so contract or not they are desperate to keep him. Just means it will cost them more to get him on board but they will pay it because paying Dan a lot of money to do another is far better than risking everything in finding a new Bond.
    He will do a fifth i am sure, especially after securing a Co Producer role on Spectre.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5539/daniel-craig-appreciation-and-news#latest

It says, "Daniel Craig - Appreciation and news". Could have gone there, right?
This discussion has been closed.