New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,727
    Welcome @LazinBee! Make yourself at home on our community! :)

It's funny but I'm writing something about James Bond and bees/beekeeping at the moment for my blog that might be of interest to you! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome to our forum, George.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @Lazinbee
  • Hey everyone! Massive Bond fan here, aged 20 from the UK. Aspiring filmmaker too and in dream world, a future Bond director! Great to be on here. :)
    Welcome @Benson20 Hopefully you'll achieve your dream. ;)
  • Thanks for the warm welcome @Thunderpussy, it would be something if I did! :)
  • DesmondBoothroydDesmondBoothroyd New England, USA
    Having lurked for a long time, and being most appreciative of the site and wealth of information it contains, I felt it appropriate to finally "Report for duty" as I wait to leave for the first IMAX showing of Spectre this afternoon.
    Long time Bond fan, having started with Fleming's novels before Dr. No was released in 1962, so Sean Connery was "my" Bond for many years, but greatly appreciate how well Daniel Craig fits the literary "blunt instrument" that Fleming created in his take on the role. Anxiously awaiting Spectre, as I will certainly fit in the age group that gets and appreciates the nods to years gone by. I remember cheering during Skyfall when Craig rolled back the garage door to reveal the DB5, and feeling as angry as he looked when Silva's chopper destroyed it during the climax.
    Thanks to all for sharing so much information and insight here!
    Welcome @DesmondBoothroyd I hope you enjoy Spectre. :)
    Thanks very much, Thunderpussy....eagerly awaiting it!
    As another (classic member, let's say). Not older.
    With the Books and films behind you.
    You review will be most interesting. ;)
    Oh, older is fine...when I began reading my father's Fleming paperbacks, the cover price was 50 cents, and as an avid reader, was able to convince him to bring me along to see Dr. No when it was released in '62, so older is indeed accurate :)
    I will gladly compose a review from my own perspective, and unlike a certain ludicrous critic, won't mistakenly put a critique about the scenes in New York into my review (I had to laugh when I read that - do these critics even bother to see the film they're paid to critique anymore?).
    :)) Yes, it pays not to have a few drinks and fall asleep during the screening.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome to our newest members @Benson20 and @DesmondBoothroyd!

Great to have you on board - enjoy your time as part of our community! :)
    Welcome to young and old alike! Looking forward to talking to you.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Welcome, everyone! For those who have yet to see SP, I most certainly hope you love it, and for those who have, I look forward to discussing the movie with you!
  • Hello, big 007 follower since my first cinema viewing at 7 yrs old of TSWLM - it was the idea of that gun in a long tube under the dinner table that grabbed my imagination. Enjoyed reading all the posts especially for SP so hoping to add something extra to the debate when I see it for the 2nd time on Tuesday, over here in France. Thanks to those for running this great site.
    Carlysimon wrote: »
    Hello, big 007 follower since my first cinema viewing at 7 yrs old of TSWLM - it was the idea of that gun in a long tube under the dinner table that grabbed my imagination. Enjoyed reading all the posts especially for SP so hoping to add something extra to the debate when I see it for the 2nd time on Tuesday, over here in France. Thanks to those for running this great site.

You were 7 when you recorded NDIB? Impressive. Welcome, Carly.
    Welcome @Carlysimon
  • Hello everyone! I had an account on the old forum a long time ago. I was active around 2002 and again around 2005. Haven't been visiting much since and I've just found out that the old board was brought down in 2011. Sad about all the old posts missing.
    Welcome back, Robert. Or is that Richard? I am a little bit confused.
  • New member, 43 years old, Been a Bond film since being a kid, was introduced by my parents to Live And Let Die on an early tv screening, and was immediately hooked. I remember seeing the boat chase, and being captivated. As well as loving the Bond films, I am also a keen horror movie fan. Great website, love the way it always gives us the news but is spoiler savvy.
    Good phibes.
    Welcome @phibes72
  • Thank you for the welcomes. Just saw Spectre over the weekend. Amazing!
  • meredith44meredith44 the great unknown
    Hello. I have been quite into Fleming's novels for a while, I also really liked SF and SP, however I have not seen the previous films yet. I plan doing that soon, though, as much as 11th grade workload allows that.
    Welcome @meredith44
    Look forward to your posts!
  • Greetings. I just joined. Didn't know James Bond has such a massive fan base worldwide. And I thought I was the only one. Well I'm glad I discovered this website ! I love his 1960's and 70's movies. My fave is Moonraker!! Became hooked when I saw it for the first time on tv!! Then the 90' happened! I grew up! A different interpretation of bond appeared! All of a sudden I wish world war 3 would erupt!!
    Welcome @Dubble_un_oh. For a long time, I too thought I was
    The only fan ! :))
    Welcome @Dubble_un_oh. For a long time, I too thought I was
    The only fan ! :))
    Of WW3?

Anyway, welcome.