Austria Action Sequences - SPOILERS

aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
After the Mexico PTS this is my favourite action sequence in the movie.

I just love every moment from it from when Bond yells out "Stay" to one of the security men until when the plane crashes through the barn. For me the music goes perfectly with this sequence.

It's really interesting they showed very little of this action sequence in the trailers and tv spots.

What are your thoughts on this sequence?

Comments

• I'll let you know when I see it Friday! It's the sequence I'm most looking forward to in the film. So glad to hear you saying such good things about it!
    i loved it.
    Those sunglasses or goggles Bond wears in the Austrian scene.....make him look like some sort of fly! :) ............seriously though, it is a good scene!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It was fine. Wasn't as blood pumping as I thought it was going to be. And unfortunately the music/editing was a big part of that.

Bond shouting "Don't" at the guard was a brilliant moment, though.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 7,500
    The overall quality of the action was really top notch in this film. I think my favourite actaully was the fight scene
    on the train. Both for the great quality and suspense, but also the great homage it was to my favourite Bond film.
    But every set piece was really well executed, and as riveting as Bondian action gets.

edit: Now I see that this was a spoiler thread anyway, and that my spoiler tag was pretty redundant. ;)
    Unfortunately for the Snow plane sequence all the 'money shots' were shown in the trailer so it seemed perfunctory.

I liked the interplay with Madeline and Q though.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    The sequence was good, but I was disappointed with the used music. It's a real shame they didn't use the orchestration of the Majesty's theme we heard in the trailer. That would've been awesome and those shots with the plane crashing through the building just screams either Bond Theme or Majesty's Theme to me.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,117
    aaron819 wrote:

It's really interesting they showed very little of this action sequence in the trailers and tv spots.

I dont know what trailer you were watching @aaron819 but as @Cowley says above I felt I had seen 90% of both the plane crash and the car chase already in the trailer.

What is this modern obsession with spunking your wad in the trailer? Hold something back for Christ's sake.
    00Ralf wrote: »
    The sequence was good, but I was disappointed with the used music. It's a real shame they didn't use the orchestration of the Majesty's theme we heard in the trailer. That would've been awesome and those shots with the plane crashing through the building just screams either Bond Theme or Majesty's Theme to me.

Indeed. Another nail in Newman's coffin.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    aaron819 wrote:
    After the Mexico PTS this is my favourite action sequence in the movie.

I just love every moment from it from when Bond yells out "Stay" to one of the security men until when the plane crashes through the barn. For me the music goes perfectly with this sequence.

What are your thoughts on this sequence?

I think I thought the same re the music - about the one time in the film where it gelled, and sounded original.
    Kind of miss the skis.