Trailer and posters for Spielberg's Tintin !

2»

Comments

• edited October 2011 Posts: 268
    hehe the namechange of Milou (!) in the english version is the only reason I need to swallow my pride and see the swedish dubbed one instead.

One week to go, so psyched! :D
  • Love that our own Daniel Craig is Red Rackham!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Just brought the "international" version poster at weta
    I don't know about Craig in this. His voice doesn't seem to be appropriate to his character, and he's not very good at voice work (his "How could you let them escape!?" comes across all wrong). I've noticed it in GoldenEye 007 and GoldenEye Reloaded - he tends tom sound very stiff and rather forced.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I don't know about Craig in this. His voice doesn't seem to be appropriate to his character, and he's not very good at voice work (his "How could you let them escape!?" comes across all wrong). I've noticed it in GoldenEye 007 and GoldenEye Reloaded - he tends tom sound very stiff and rather forced.
    From what I've heard Craig doesn't make for a first class villain in this film and is said to be easy enough to turn to the good side. You may be onto something @shadowonthesun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Allright, I am seeing Tintin tonight ! I honestly can't wait !!
    Allright, I am seeing Tintin tonight ! I honestly can't wait !!
    Let us know what you think @DaltonCraig007.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Spoilers, of couse

Very good film. Some major changes from the comic novels - Snowy/Milou's is mute, he just barks (none of his thoughts made it into the film), some big changes in the plot of the Unicorn novel. I don't remember Lady Castaphiore being in this novel... The big action sequence in Bangharre seemed like a single-shot sequence for 3/4 minutes. Very good animations, but doesn't have the magic of Herge's work. Herge features in the film at the beginning, drawing a picture of Tintin - you can see other pictures of characters from all the other novels in the background - drawn just like in the novels. There is a new theme song - disappointed, as I loved the theme song of the animated TV series.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    i saw this, it was cool. there was a bit at the start where tintin was getting his picture drawn and it was his comic picture. daniel craig was a decent villian. the film felt like an indiana jones style adventure which is something we haven't had in a long time.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Being a Belgian I'm very much looking forward to get to see this movie. Also, as a child I was a fan of the Tintin comics. Still, it should always have been in French.
    I loved the adventure story, many details that want to be seen again.

I´m not at all convinced by the motion capture thing, it leaves the same stale taste that Cameron´s 3D left after Avatar. With backgrounds so beautiful and often realistic, I would have preferred real people, like in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (or Star Wars).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 23,559
    I loved the film! Saw it yesterday. Great animation, good comedy and Craig was excellent. I missed a few story lines from the original books but I guess you simply can't shoot everything into a single film. The 3D wasn't all that impressive but I'm actually glad they didn't overdo it. So here's a lucky me, hoping to see Tintin rise to big fame in America so we'll have Tintin 2 wrapped up before anyone can say Avatar 2.
    Fantastic film, loved everything about it. Spielberg really outdid himself this time.
    9/10
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,446
    Sony expext a lot from this movie in The Netherlands with 238 screens, 5 more then Harry Potter started in July. But where Harry Potter 8 with 233 screens deliever almoost 5,6 million in his first week Tin Tin deliever 1,4 million. This boxoffice look like more on the one from JE Reborn. Not realy bad if it have been with 110 screens, but with 233 screens you expect more. Johnny English Reborn first week (6 Oktober) started with 109 screens and 1,2 million.
  • Tintin will open against MI-4 in the US. That also includes The Dark Knight Rises prologue.

I hope that does not hurt its box office performance.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Tintin has it's work cut out in America anyway, as for Mission: Impossible, I don't think that will do overly well. Sherlock Holmes should be the real winner.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • I'll probably go see it next weekend. I'm glad though I'm not the only person who hates the name "Snowy"... even though I'm American I'm used to Milou (My French grandparents even named their bijon frise after him, YEARS ago)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I saw Tintin in October already and loved it! I've always been a Tintin fan since I can remember and I think the spirit of the comics is very present in the film although they changed the plot so much. On a side note I think Craig was excellent in it.
    Saw it on the first. It was brilliant. Every proformance was amazing (Craig did look like Tim Dalton though) I mean it took me a few minutes to realize who was who. If you haven't seen it YOU NEED TO. Can't wait for number two