Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• suavejmf wrote: »
    No one below 5 ft 10in. Craig is this height. High heels on women add more than 1.5 inches!

Do you watch Craig and think "What a short-arse!" I'd be surprised, just as I doubt most people watch even Tom Cruise and think that. As is clear from the posts above yours, it's near impossible to tell how tall or short people from their appearances on-screen - they can be filmed to look taller, or shorter, than they are - without speculation, so height makes virtually no difference to casting. If someone told you Craig was 6' and you'd only seen him in the Bond movies, I bet you'd believe them. Same goes for Hardy - show people Dark Knight Rises and I bet no-one would put him under 6' tall. Of all the physical characteristics to consider, height is the least important by far.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Bunch of filthy hobbits lol ..just kidding
    Xandaca wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    No one below 5 ft 10in. Craig is this height. High heels on women add more than 1.5 inches!

Do you watch Craig and think "What a short-arse!" I'd be surprised, just as I doubt most people watch even Tom Cruise and think that. As is clear from the posts above yours, it's near impossible to tell how tall or short people from their appearances on-screen - they can be filmed to look taller, or shorter, than they are - without speculation, so height makes virtually no difference to casting. If someone told you Craig was 6' and you'd only seen him in the Bond movies, I bet you'd believe them. Same goes for Hardy - show people Dark Knight Rises and I bet no-one would put him under 6' tall. Of all the physical characteristics to consider, height is the least important by far.

Yup.

Cowley wrote: »
    A bookie has slash odds on Sam Riley being named the next Bond. Don't really know much about him myself.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/11/william-hill-slashes-odds-on-sam-riley-to-play-james-bond-after-substantially-higher-than-average-bet.html

Oh dear. Once again I think there's too much obsession with the actor looking like Bond or that dark hair and a tuxedo is good enough. It isn't.

I want an actor who will behave like the arrogant, strong and resourceful Bond of the novels and Craig delivered on that front as I always knew he would.

I don't think the series should go back to metrosexual mannequins again.

This guy is.. ugly. I hate to bring it up, but his teeth. Find a picture of him smiling, in color. Hill should never even be considered.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The way Connery moved particularly from DR to GF was just utterly sublime. The grace in his natural swagger was off the charts.

Agree. Thunderball too I think but been awhile since I've seen that one.

Yeah, he moves like a panther in Thunderball too.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,661
    I don't know if this is just some fun or a bit 'internet weird'...

http://joseffor007.wix.com/main

Well, you can't fault his enthusiasm.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The way Connery moved particularly from DR to GF was just utterly sublime. The grace in his natural swagger was off the charts.

Agree. Thunderball too I think but been awhile since I've seen that one.

Yeah, he moves like a panther in Thunderball too.

Yep.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody mention yet that (technically) somebody new portrays James Bond in SPECTRE.

The young man who posed for the photo with Hannes and Franz Oberhauser is undeniably a young Bond. Do we have any way of finding out his name, if only "for the record"?
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody mention yet that (technically) somebody new portrays James Bond in SPECTRE.

The young man who posed for the photo with Hannes and Franz Oberhauser is undeniably a young Bond. Do we have any way of finding out his name, if only "for the record"?
    I thought it was a photo of DC as a child.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Okay, she's wearing high heels so that's adding, let's say 1 to 1.5 inches to her height, perhaps?

Have you ever seen high heels up close? Often they add a good 4 inches.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sark wrote: »
    Okay, she's wearing high heels so that's adding, let's say 1 to 1.5 inches to her height, perhaps?

Have you ever seen high heels up close? Often they add a good 4 inches.

True, but DC has heels on too (either lifts or male heels) so it's probably about a 2 inch net impact.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,667

Here's the youngest pic of DC I can find:

bec682821721c35ffed631a250946a20.jpg

I'm not convinced he's the boy in the photo:

27147E9300000578-0-image-m-68_1427581055055.jpg

I think Craig would have access to childhood photos not on the internet ;)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Broccoli says she is in denial, she has not even considered looking as far as she is concerned it is Daniel forever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/27/daniel-craig-james-bond-barbara-broccoli_n_8398976.html
    Good.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »

I think Craig would have access to childhood photos not on the internet ;)

Is it me our does Oberhauser senior look a little like a young Walter Gotell.
    He does a bit yes.
    Founder a younger one of Dan

muv5hs.jpg
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I think that it could well be DC. The other kid is obviously CW. And the younger pick of DC above pretty much confirms to me its him.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    People, has anybody considered that the old photo simply was generated on a computer??
    Found an even younger picture, always made to be commander bond eh??

5ao0uw.jpg
  • People, has anybody considered that the old photo simply was generated on a computer??

Don't think that's in doubt definately a bit of photo-shopping going on.
    People, has anybody considered that the old photo simply was generated on a computer??

Don't think that's in doubt definately a bit of photo-shopping going on.

Yes, the give away is everything else in the images is distorted apart from the faces.
    Major Bond news - and may be a key factor in why there has been a lot of media attention in a new Bond actor:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13693/major-bond-news-daniel-craig-is-not-contracted-to-a-fifth-bond-film-mg-wilson-confirmed-this
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Major Bond news - and may be a key factor in why there has been a lot of media attention in a new Bond actor:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13693/major-bond-news-daniel-craig-is-not-contracted-to-a-fifth-bond-film-mg-wilson-confirmed-this

No I think the reason is Craig expressed pseudo suicidal ideations
    I think Sean Tong would make a great Bond. I've seen him in a couple of plays, he can do dark as well, he was brilliantly sinister as Don John in a production I caught of Much Ado About Nothing. He does have blond flecks in his hair and is 5'9, so all the DC haters wouldn't like him :)
    Robbie Williams.....chav, ex drug addict, gay Bond. Why pay him to do this.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 295
    I would love to see Michael Fassbender as Bond, with Matthew Vaughn directing, and music by the same guy who did the music for First Class.

In the past I always regret that there wasn't a more serious themed DAF and TMWTGG with Peter Hunt directing and Lazenby as Bond. I would have loved to have seen the far eastern and martial arts theme of the latter movie better done-- Lazenby's connections to Bruce Lee, in a wonderful possible world, could have translated epically for Bond. Alas it was not meant to be.