SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Has Bond ever been on a poster or in a photo with a gun in his left hand?

Yes, in posters for double features where Bond's image was slipped so you could have Bond standing "back to back."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/ef/48/7cef483e8533238668be53a1a91ba5b9.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Gustav_Graves, not weighing in on whether or not it's a word - personally not sure myself - but I wouldn't try to prove a point by using Wikipedia. That's probably the least reliable source you could use to confirm something. ;)
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
  • Gustav_Graves great article on the gun barrels but don't forget that QOS was done by MK12 not kleiman as you stated
  • hthomas20 wrote: »
    Thurs the 5th all the girls will be on the Today show.

OK updating the US talk show appearance lists :

Tuesday 3 : Ralph Fiennes on Kelly & Michael, Dave Bautista on Jimmy Kimmel

Wednesday 4th : Daniel Craig on Today Show (a.m.), and Colbert, Ralph Fiennes on Seth Meyers

Thursday 5th : Lea/Monica/Naomie on Today show, Daniel Craig on Kelly & Michael, AND on Seth Meyers

Friday 6th : Christoph Waltz on Kelly & Michael, AND on Jimmy Fallon + Waltz & Fiennes on a.m. Today Show
    roko wrote: »
    @Ludovico
    I know, I studied linguistic. But those who came up with quadrilogy were clueless: there is already a word for it... and it takes both Greek roots instead of just one.

That has never deterred languages to make new words. That was my point: language change doesn't care what the rules are or if there is something that makes more sense from a linguistic point of view. You could say that cluelessness has always been part of language development.
    Also, as a linguist, you probably know that there is no right and wrong in languages, just idiomatic and non-idiomatic. If native speakers use it, and many of them, it's a word, whatever the linguists have to say about it.

Yes I know. But it's still a stupid way to construct a word...
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 188
    @Ludovico
    Your opinion. I think it's fine. I don't expect people to know the difference between Greek and Roman numbers.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    Thurs the 5th all the girls will be on the Today show.

OK updating the US talk show appearance lists :

Tuesday 3 : Ralph Fiennes on Kelly & Michael, Dave Bautista on Jimmy Kimmel

Wednesday 4th : Daniel Craig on Today Show (a.m.), and Colbert, Ralph Fiennes on Seth Meyers

Thursday 5th : Lea/Monica/Naomie on Today show, Daniel Craig on Kelly & Michael, AND on Seth Meyers

Friday 6th : Christoph Waltz on Kelly & Michael, AND on Jimmy Fallon + Waltz & Fiennes on a.m. Today Show

Sam Smith will be on 'The Ellen DeGeneres' Show on Friday, 6th November, 2015.

A schedule of the cast in the next days, where and when they will appear in tv
    http://www.jborbisnonsufficit.com/2015/11/01/spectre-cast-and-crew-promotional-tour-schedule/
    roko wrote: »
    @Ludovico
    Your opinion. I think it's fine. I don't expect people to know the difference between Greek and Roman numbers.
    And that's the problem: then why create a word on two different roots while there is one that already describes the same reality... Except actually using the right roots. How about a fourlogy while we're at it? Or threelogy?
    Surprised Craig isn't going on Jimmy Kimmel. I've always liked it when he went on that show. Oh well. Plenty to watch this week for sure
    Daniel Craig Interview with AFP

Having claimed that he would rather "slash my wrists" that play the brooding MI6 agent again, Craig -- who earned a reported $17 million from the last Bond film "Skyfall" -- has since tried to row back on his comments to Time Out magazine.

"I don't know, honestly, that is a straight answer," he told AFP. "I have spent two years of my life doing this now... That's enough for the time being.

"I am not in crisis. In fact, I've never been happier making these films. The creative process has been better than it has ever been... why would you walk away from that? There is a lot of shit in the press about this at the moment, but the simple answer is I don't know."
    Im surprised Craig isn't going on Fallon
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Disappointed, really.
  • Mendes has given a rather in-depth interview on the cinematography of the film:
    http://www.theasc.com/site/blog/spectre-interview-with-sam-mendes/
    Hoyte-van-Hoytema-and-Sam-Mendes-on-set-of-Spectre-.jpg
    Sadly, it's also confirmed that the impressive opening shot is actually three different takes stitched together.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Very interesting read and article. Thanks @Pierce2Daniel
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    the gang are in Mexico City! with Sam Smith

CSwpW1IUsAEUIqb.jpg
    Sadly, it's also confirmed that the impressive opening shot is actually three different takes stitched together.

Well, the art of film making is to visually fool the viewer and it worked well with me
    leas_mole wrote: »
    the gang are in Mexico City! with Sam Smith

CSwpW1IUsAEUIqb.jpg

Sam Smith does not belong in that group picture. His "20 minute" contribution was all but universally panned in almost every review I read. He also noted in a recent review that he hopes Craig gets replaced by a more clean cut actor. Smith is a major twit.
    Doas the London heineken vlog is out ?
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Disappointed, really.

Me too. I'm totally stumped why he is doing Colbert who dissed him in a rather snotty routine last week over the razor blade remark, while Fallon, and in particular Kimmel have been consistently friendly. Kimmel gave QOS a huge week long play. Colbert also has lesser ratings. I could also see him baiting Craig in the interview for press. I continue to think Craig's PR rep sucks. She never seems to do her homework. But then, he is no doubt tough to advise.

Also question to other NA posters. I've seen tons and tons of tv trailers for other films opening over the last few months. Sony appears to have cut way back on SP's tv ad buys. I've seen a few by sponsors, mostly on sports events, but for as big a film as SP opening in just 4+ days, the Sony tv promo seems very underwhelming. Maybe it's the Writing on the wall for Sony's future with EON. Maybe it doesn't matter.

edited November 2015 Posts: 630
    http://www.jborbisnonsufficit.com/2015/11/01/spectre-opens-to-record-shattering-63-8m-in-the-u-k/
    Big opening! And as today, per boxofficemojo, the movie is at 80 millions
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    On the PTS sequence in one continuous shot, my guess ....
    on first viewing I thought there had been cuts in the opening sequence.
    First as Bond and the girl enter the Hotel ( as Camera pans to poster). The later
    In the Hotel room as the camera pans from the girl on the bed to Bond going out
    the window. Although it's still an impressive scene.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fooled me. That is great film making.
  • smitty wrote: »
    Me too. I'm totally stumped why he is doing Colbert who dissed him in a rather snotty routine last week over the razor blade remark, while Fallon, and in particular Kimmel have been consistently friendly. Kimmel gave QOS a huge week long play. Colbert also has lesser ratings. I could also see him baiting Craig in the interview for press. I continue to think Craig's PR rep sucks. She never seems to do her homework. But then, he is no doubt tough to advise.

Well Kimmel is located in LA so there's no point going out there just for one talk show when you do can do 3-4 of them in New York. Maybe Daniel just likes Colbert more? Surely the stars get a say in what shows they want to do. I remember him being on Colbert's old Comedy central show and they arm wrestled. But going on Jimmy Fallon, he might try to get him to do one of his "wacky" games 8-|

Also question to other NA posters. I've seen tons and tons of tv trailers for other films opening over the last few months. Sony appears to have cut way back on SP's tv ad buys. I've seen a few by sponsors, mostly on sports events, but for as big a film as SP opening in just 4+ days, the Sony tv promo seems very underwhelming. Maybe it's the Writing on the wall for Sony's future with EON. Maybe it doesn't matter.

Personally I've seen plenty of ads. Actually during Fargo last week, I saw a Spectre TV spot, the Stephanie Sigman vodka ad, AND the Land rover tie-in ad.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    On the PTS sequence in one continuous shot, my guess ....
    on first viewing I thought there had been cuts in the opening sequence.
    First as Bond and the girl enter the Hotel ( as Camera pans to poster). The later
    In the Hotel room as the camera pans from the girl on the bed to Bond going out
    the window. Although it's still an impressive scene.
    My thoughts on where the seamless 'cuts' are...

1. Camera pan to poster
    2. Exiting the lift
    3. When Bond jumps out the window.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,493
    On the Spectre Set With Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux

Some nice behind-the-scenes photo's from Brigitte Lacombe:
    2.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg

4.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg

3.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg

5.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg

1.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg

6.nocrop.w670.h448.jpg
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    ..ah,-Yes, a giant of a henchman making a scene..!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Maybe the LA guest appearances are next week?

Craig has a residence and a driver's license in New York btw but I don't think that was the reason.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    ..(laughing); Bond Rummying around stuff, It was on the spot..!(the same train, the same area, but in the opposite direccion..He arrives to Tangiers-I left through Tangiers..!