Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

AceHole wrote: »
    Plenty of potential for a real military story-line & would be something different for this era of 007, seen as there hasn't been a military angle to Bond films since TND, really.

EoN is always trying to explore Bond's roots, so something along the lines of his Royal Navy past could be used...

Interestingly that was originally an idea for The Living Daylights - to go back to Bond's days in the navy,
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    tigers99 wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    Plenty of potential for a real military story-line & would be something different for this era of 007, seen as there hasn't been a military angle to Bond films since TND, really.

EoN is always trying to explore Bond's roots, so something along the lines of his Royal Navy past could be used...

Interestingly that was originally an idea for The Living Daylights - to go back to Bond's days in the navy,

Why not then? Craig hasn't really 'done' the Ocean yet, if you know what I mean. Connery did in TB, Moore did it twice, Dalton in LTK and Broz in TND...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Then, I say, our best choice would be a reminiscent of The Hildebrand Rarity or a small portion of it ported into the script.
    Given the ending of SPECTRE, the next writers (hopefully new) do have their hands tird a little re continuing the situation that we see Bond in at the end (unlike the end of SF which was a bland canvas)
    Then, I say, our best choice would be a reminiscent of The Hildebrand Rarity or a small portion of it ported into the script.

which would also make a fantastic title for Bond 25.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    My idea:

Bond 25 would be SPECTRE trying to destroy the 00 division. For the first time ever we see all the 00 agents in action. Some die during the storyline (!) but the remaining ones team up at the end to fight SPECTRE. The final act would be Bond leading the 00s into a big battle.

Bond 25 would feature the first female 00 agent. She would have skills comparable to the male 00s.

The title of Bond 25:

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

Ideally with a new actor as Bond. A soft reboot of the franchise although there could be some reference to the events in SPECTRE (Bond 24).
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Get some sharks in it!
    Let's think about some credible villainous plots/schemes that are in part an eyewink to some schemes from Ian Fleming.

Biological warfare
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Let's think about some credible villainous plots/schemes that are in part an eyewink to some schemes from Ian Fleming.

Biological warfare

What about some industrial tycoon (a national treasure who's been knighted & all that) funding some massive defense system to protect Europe, only for him to turn out to be a 'Drax' (from the Fleming book, obviously, not the movie's) hell-bent on wiping Europe off the map... (and no, I'm not talking about Nigel Farage)

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN SPECTRE
    My wife came up with this one for Bond 25

Madeline Swann is really a Spectre agent, explaining Oberhauser saying to her something along the lines of "I remember you, when you were a little girl" she says " I don't remember you", He says "Oh but I remember you".

She deliberately missed Hinx when shooting on the train..
    She was the one who knew who SPECTRE were.
    She has turned on SPECTRE when it confirms Blofeld has killed her father hence why she helped Bond to Escape.
    She was the one to lead Bond to Whites apartment in Tangier which would then lead him to Blofeld.
    She's is not cuffed and is allowed to approach Bond in the torture scenes.
    She is reluctant to help Bond when back in London.
    Blofeld uses her to stall Bond to make his escape.

It could play out she is very mixed up individual who could turn on Bond for the right reason.

Mines

Blofeld escapes has Madeline Bond murdered (OHMSS homage likely)

Bond at his most ruthless blood hungry, travels to the US to seek Lucia's help as she is the only one alive who knows more about SPECTRE having been extracted to the US by Felix. SPECTRE were keen to have her killed. Was Dame Judi recruiting her as informant? with Mr Sciarra out the way she knew Bond could reel in the widow and MI6 could use her?,

Bring back Jeff Wright as Felix really develop the relationship between them and show why they became such close friends.

Bond could end up with Lucia, if John Logan is doing the script he will make her middle name "Teresa".
  • RC7RC7

Madeline Swann is really a Spectre agent, explaining Oberhauser saying to her something along the lines of "I remember you, when you were a little girl" she says " I don't remember you", He says "Oh but I remember you".

She has turned on SPECTRE when it confirms Blofeld has killed her father hence why she helped Bond to Escape.
    She was the one to lead Bond to Whites apartment in Tangier which would then lead him to Blofeld.

It could play out she is very mixed up individual who could turn on Bond for the right reason.

Mines

Bond at his most ruthless blood hungry, travels to the US to seek Lucia's help as she is the only one alive who knows more about SPECTRE having been extracted to the US by Felix. SPECTRE were keen to have her killed. Was Dame Judi recruiting her as informant? with Mr Sciarra out the way she knew Bond could reel in the widow and MI6 could use her?,

Bring back Jeff Wright as Felix really develop the relationship between them and show why they became such close friends.

Bond could end up with Lucia, if John Logan is doing the script he will make her middle name "Teresa".

Would be too close to CR imo.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    My idea:

Bond 25 would be SPECTRE trying to destroy the 00 division. For the first time ever we see all the 00 agents in action. Some die during the storyline (!) but the remaining ones team up at the end to fight SPECTRE. The final act would be Bond leading the 00s into a big battle.

Bond 25 would feature the first female 00 agent. She would have skills comparable to the male 00s.

The title of Bond 25:

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

Ideally with a new actor as Bond. A soft reboot of the franchise although there could be some reference to the events in SPECTRE (Bond 24).

Ive previously suggested a female OO agent, way overdue IMHO, not sure about all of the OO agents together, a little OTT IMHO but there is potential for Bond to work more closely with team members. Working in collaboration is the style of the 21st cent
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Following the predicted path for a sequel to SP is just too obvious predictable and boring.

If we can guess then blah just start over.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Yes, a female 00 agent (not a British Jinx!) would seem a logical progression of the franchise. I don't think it would be a sign of political correctness; it seems reasonable to assume one 00 agent could be a woman. She could be as lethal with a gun as Bond. She could be good at martial arts too. Whether or not Bond and the woman would 'get it on' - who knows, perhaps, perhaps not.

Given the right casting I feel this could have considerable potential.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yeah the old comic strip I think had a female agent that worked with Bond.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,548
    ]
    Risico007 wrote: »

which would also make a fantastic title for Bond 25.

Did anyone else notice the name of the safe house at the end?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, a few have mentioned it.
  • DariusDarius UK

Mines

As direct sequels go, this is the best story line on the thread so far. I think that Lucia's middle name is a bit cute though, but that's a minor detail.

Make sure you buy your wife a martini -- she may well be giving P&W a run for their money.

Mines

I thought that was very good! :)
  • I would go for a stand alone film with a slight reference to Spectre as Bond is on leave in India due to events that happened in Spectre. A former Minister is found dead with blood diamonds in his pocket and Bond as a favour to M, helps the local Police as M served in the SAS with the Ministers Brother. A bomb destroys the Police Station where the body is and Bond goes after the person who blows it up and with the help of an Indian Secret Service Agent played by Genelia D'Souza, un covers a plot to provoke a war in the region by rigging an election so Ismail Lever sociopath who is the leader of the National Nationalist Party wins giving him command of the armed forces and brings about an era of stability in the region.

Bond discovers the person behind this is a man called Maslow Baines an American Billionaire and owner of Hildebrand Technologies, who is using diamonds to pay various officials to rig the election.

Maslow plans to get Lever to order the movement of nuclear weapons close to the Chinese Border, knowing Lever wants to reignite the Sino-Indian War of 1962. Baines plans to fire a nuclear missile into China and using his stealth drones known as Risico to shoot the missile down and broker a deal for peace and start a bidding war for his drones and selling them to countries that are potential enemies of the UK. If successful this would mean NATO countries would be at the mercy of the countries with nuclear weapons that are potential enemies or be sold to terrorist groups.

This would see Bond back in India and we could have Fleming inspired title Forever Is Not Enough or Risico.
    Sir Hillary...your wife is close to genius, the fist time I have heard that suggestion and it does fit very well, explains why she said she loved Bond (too quickly for many in the audience), she didn't like guns (bluff), she has gained Bond's trust 100% and sets the audience up for a massive twist and means that you can re-watch Spectre again , knowing what we know now. Miles ahead of anything else I have read and anything I had thought of. Copyright it now!! The only down side is that is similar to CR in that Bond is betrayed.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    For (obvious?) reasons, Bond still hasn't truly dealt with...

Islamic fundamentalists
    IRA
    Realistic bio terrorism
    I don't think Bond dealing with Islamic fundamentalists would work. Not on film, anyway. Some of the audience, and I'm not referring to the hardcore fans, watch the Bonds for Martinis, Girls and Guns. You can't have that glamour with Bond going against ISIS or anything of that sort.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Leave that for Rambo. :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    Leave that for Rambo. :))
    Exactly.
    :-?
  • DariusDarius UK
    TripAces wrote: »
    For (obvious?) reasons, Bond still hasn't truly dealt with...

Islamic fundamentalists
    IRA
    Realistic bio terrorism

Eon and Fleming/IFP have tried to keep away from politically contentious issues, such as these, although OHMSS does have bio-terrorism as its main plot driver. Bond has never, either in film or on the printed page, been a vehicle for political lobbying by means of portraying an actual criminal or terrorist organisation as the villain. Rather, Bond seeks to assuage public fear by means of alluding to such things in a very oblique manner without mentioning actual names.

I think it's best that things remain like this, because Bond is about entertainment foremost and therefore should not be a tool for making potentially controversial political statements.
    Well said.
    Agreed, even with CR. The made a bomber a " Gun for hire" not a political
    Zealot. Please keep Bond away from real politics.
    Bond should be about escapism and has to involve a power in the dark that wants to dominate the world. Not heading towards the left or the right or the center. You just have the protagonist with a gun, and the antagonist with dark plans. It's for the former to stop a worldwide chaos regardless of the plot device.
    That's one reason Fleming himself, started to use SPECTRE, as he though the
    Cold war was coming to an end. So couldn't keep blaming the Russians, hence
    SPECTRE, filled the gap. A sinister crimal organisation, so no real government
    Or polital group would be the " Bad guys" .