Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

The covers really are very impressive! =D>
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The pages will be all coloured. The black and white images are only the introduction to the adventure which is what's labeled as an homage to the film series' pre-title sequences. It's Bond in Helsinki during the last leg of his assignment before returning to London.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    No problem ..I may be wrong though ...not sure.

Hope my response didn't read terse... I was a tad sleepy when I sent it.

No, its fine :)
    I am pretty sure you are right though.
    I wouldn't mind a comic series in black and white again, but at the same time the colors here look very subtle, judging from the covers.

Also the pencils are incredibly detailed, looks like a very classy book anyways.
    Don't worry, chaps. Someone showed me images from the first issue. They are coloured.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Don't worry, chaps. Someone showed me images from the first issue. They are coloured.

Oh good ..thank you, Sir.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Not that I would have complained had the comic been published in black and white, that could work for stylistic purposes, but Bond's world is a colourful places for all sorts of reasons, so I'm ultimately glad that won't be the case.
    How did they find the first issue ?

I don't know for you but I ADORE the Bond on the cover..that looks like a real Bond, I hope the stories match the looks
    dragonsky wrote: »
    How did they find the first issue ?
    Industry Insiders.
  • Sorry if this already has been asked, but will these issues be released worldwide or is it just GB?
    North America and Europe, I believe.
  • Thanks, wanna be able to pick it up.
    You will, provided you have a comic book store nearby (there are quite a few in Paris, for example). As it's listed in Diamond's Previews ( diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/103 ), it should be available everywhere american comics are sold.
    These look amazing! Can you preorder these now?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,564
    Go to your local comics store...many offer a pre-order service. If you're not sure of the location of your local store, just go to www.comicshoplocator.com.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Yeah, I'll be making the trip to whatever comic book store is near me. For fun I pre-ordered directly through Dynamite earlier today, but the shipping alone was 12$! Cancelled said pre-order immediately afterwards.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Any updates here?? Would love a little tease with this one.

What's the release date again? I'm anxious ok lol

Btw I googled VARGR ...I couldn't take it anymore.

In Norse mythology a vargr is a wolf. Now whether that's the meaning here or not ...or a dual meaning or a symbolic meaning I have no clue. I guess we will find out.

@mcdonbb, Just two days before the release of Spectre worldwide. I think we won't be hearing from them for another two weeks.

According to Warren Ellis, "VARGR is an Old Norse word meaning variously wolf, evildoer or destroyer." So, it could either be the name of the McGuffin, or an evil organization like SPECTRE. It hasn't been specified, yet.
    @mcdonbb, Just two days before the release of Spectre worldwide. I think we won't be hearing from them for another two weeks.

According to Warren Ellis, "VARGR is an Old Norse word meaning variously wolf, evildoer or destroyer." So, it could either be the name of the McGuffin, or an evil organization like SPECTRE. It hasn't been specified, yet.

Thanks for your response. I got curious and Googled "VARGR".

The title keeps being written as all caps so yeah you're right we will just have to find out.
    Can't get to download on my mobile but if you Google Vargr images there are some new colored panels from issue #1. They look great. Would be too violent to film as is but looks nice in graphic format.
    Can't get to download on my mobile but if you Google Vargr images there are some new colored panels from issue #1. They look great. Would be too violent to film as is but looks nice in graphic format.
    @mcdonbb

is this the one you speak of? Well, they are the same black and white images now coloured.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/22/a-look-inside-james-bond-vargr-1-by-warren-ellis-and-jason-masters/
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Should be good!
    @mcdonbb

is this the one you speak of? Well, they are the same black and white images now coloured.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/22/a-look-inside-james-bond-vargr-1-by-warren-ellis-and-jason-masters/

Yeah that's it. Many many thanks.
    @mcdonbb

Yeah that's it. Many many thanks.
    Most welcome, old chap. ;)
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Covers for the third issue are revealed. And they have a retro-based look.

http://doubleosection.blogspot.am/2015/10/covers-for-dynamites-james-bond-3-plus.html

VARGR%2B3%2BJames%2BBond%2B007%2BHardman%2Bcover%2BDynamite%2Bcomic%2Bbook.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I hear the theme in my head every time I see those covers.
    Covers for the third issue are revealed. And they have a retro-based look.

http://doubleosection.blogspot.am/2015/10/covers-for-dynamites-james-bond-3-plus.html

VARGR%2B3%2BJames%2BBond%2B007%2BHardman%2Bcover%2BDynamite%2Bcomic%2Bbook.jpg

Thank you again. I'm very anxious.

Are these available for pre-order somewhere ?
    I don't know but due sometime in November. I hope it does well. I like this medium for Bond.
    http://jamesbondradio.com/james-bond-comic-review-vargr-1/?utm_content=buffer19808&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Here's a review.

So aparently the comics have black M?

Heh, welcome to 21st century were apparently having all white male characters is a deadly sin.