No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Craig looks great ! If he wants, he has a few films left in him. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Agreed. I don't need to see Spectre to know that Craig is in absolute top form. In terms of Mendes, I'll need to see Spectre to know whether I'd want him to return or not.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Besides, is it wrong to have an aged Bond operating in the field? It would offer diversity and I'm all for it.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Craig will be back, there is no way Spectre's ending is how his tenure it to end. And it is not an over all ending either. I suspect that the script for 25 and the general idea behind it was already jotted down before Spectre went in to filming. Although not filmed back to back as Sony had pitched I suspect Bond 25 will pick up a few months after the events of SPECTRE.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing about the car chase. For those who have seen it, is it really that bad?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

jake24 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing about the car chase. For those who have seen it, is it really that bad?

I think it depends on what you are expecting and your preference. I haven't seen the film but the take seems to be equally mixed likes and dislikes.

It's not a Ronin chase so if expecting that then yea you may not like it.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

No, I can only assume it's just not what other expected. There was a lot of talk on here about it being like Bullitt, or Ronin etc. In reality it's tonally more like the 2CV chase, but with super cars. Which suits me fine. We already had a pedal to the metal chase in QoS. It took me by surprise and I loved it.
    It's a fun car chase, ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,117
    It's more like a Top Gear segment than a car chase to be honest.

RC7 got things about right above when comparing it to the 2CV chase. It's more fun than tense and is certainly the closest to Roger's Bond that we've ever seen in the Craig era.

Although I enjoyed I personally found it a little disappointing as I was expecting more in the way of actual stunts but it's mostly just a showcase for good stunt driving.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RC7 wrote: »
    yHagQW4.jpg

One of my photos of him on the red carpet. He looked in good shape and was on fine form.

That is a fantastic picture. The man just looks impeccable and he was simply fantastic as a fully formed 007 in SP. Craig isn't going anywhere, something I've always maintained and I cant wait to see him come back for a 5th outing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Dan Craig is NOT tired looking. What a load of crap whoever said that. Apart from Connery no one has ever looked fitter for the role at his age and even Connery was starting to sag a little.

Agreed in that Craig doesn't look tired. That's a load of horse shyte. No Bond actor has ever looked as fit as Craig in the role and at 47 in SP he's in better shape than all his predecessors in all their Bond outings, with Connery coming close in TB.
  • DC looks younger after his fourth Bond film than Roger Moore looked after his first. He looks better at his age than most people (myself included, God knows) looked at 20 or 30. And comments about him looking tired are utter bollocks.
    Well, I don't know about that; Moore looked damn young for 45 in LaLD. But yeah, Craig is staying, I have a good feeling about it. He looks great!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yeah, Moore looks like he's in his mid 30's in LALD. He looks about 40 in TSWLM. In Octopussy he looks about 50. And two years later, in AVTAK, he looks in his early 6O's. Amazing, how age works.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Moore lost a lot of weight between OP & AVTAK.

I think that was the problem. When one gets to a certain age, it's best not to be too thin imho, because all the age related lines start to show up more prominently everywhere (including in the neck, around the eyes, near the mouth/cheek etc. etc.).

He had a bit of weight to him in FYEO & especially in OP & that masked the aging, even if he looked unfit in the latter.
    Yeah, for sure. When people get older it's like they get kinda frail and gaunt, like Madonna when she's all ripped. Ugh. You need some meat on your bones to fill the frame out a little. Past a certain age I also think it's a death knell of sorts, like a sign the person is gonna die soon. Being thicker and robust past a certain age is a good thing.
    Yeah, if you're a jolly fat man/woman in your 80's its most definitely a good sign.
    As Eamon Holmes says, " There's no wrinkles on a balloon " ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    Moore lost a lot of weight between OP & AVTAK.

I think that was the problem. When one gets to a certain age, it's best not to be too thin imho, because all the age related lines start to show up more prominently everywhere (including in the neck, around the eyes, near the mouth/cheek etc. etc.).

He had a bit of weight to him in FYEO & especially in OP & that masked the aging, even if he looked unfit in the latter.

Plus him smoking all those cigars didnt help
    His plastic surgery and hair dying didn't help either.
    Him grinning all the time didn't help either.
    Craig will be back, there is no way Spectre's ending is how his tenure it to end. And it is not an over all ending either. I suspect that the script for 25 and the general idea behind it was already jotted down before Spectre went in to filming. Although not filmed back to back as Sony had pitched I suspect Bond 25 will pick up a few months after the events of SPECTRE.

Didn't John Logan work on an outline for what would be a 2-parter, isn't that where that originated, and then Sony must have wanted to do them back-to-back.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Daniel looks fantastic in that photo! Still looks 38!
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    I want Mr. Craig back for Bond 25!

@ British people

You think that Daniel Craig will be knighted someday?
  • JNOJNO Finland
    Dan Craig will be in B25, no question about it! He has to! He´s fit, energetic, he´s bloody Bond! He´ll be 50 when the next outing hits the cinemas but who cares? He´ll definitely look the part in his 50´s.

And the way Spectre ends... there´s no room for other options!

I honestly believe that B25 is Craig´s swansong, directed by Sam Mendes and based on a storyline which already exists... though I already want him to do the sixth :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Everything is completed at the end of SPECTRE, and yet it isn t. He will be back for one more.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Somehow it would feel forced to bring him back, but then if the PTS of Bond 25 would only serve the purpose to "conclude" Spectre so he can be back, it would be ok.
    But I fear, P+W will come up with some ludicrous explanation for it.
  • RC7RC7
    Somehow it would feel forced to bring him back, but then if the PTS of Bond 25 would only serve the purpose to "conclude" Spectre so he can be back, it would be ok.
    But I fear, P+W will come up with some ludicrous explanation for it.

I don't think it would feel forced at all. They could leave it where it is, but there's also plenty of room to deliver another.
    P+W got the job like Lazenby, just rocking up to the EON offices and blagging their way in. It's the only explanation how these two jokers ever got to work on Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    From what I've read, they seem to have gone for/be going for a combo of TDKR/CA-Winter Soldier with this one.

It will depend on how this film is remembered in 6-12 months time (that is the proper timeframe to get a proper perspective imho). If it is seen positively overall (creatively.....we all know this will be a box office monster), then there will be pressure to keep the team and move forward with a conclusion. I think DC/Mendes know how to resist that pressure if they want to (they had to do it for SF).

If it's seen as a step backward from what came before (like TDKR in a way) then it may be a good time to let it all go and move forward/reinvent again.

From DC's perspective, it may be a good time to pack it in because he seems to have come full circle. He's fulfilled his mandate, which was to reinvent/reinvigorate Bond. No one can say he hasn't done that.