SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Big ears eh ? Glad I wasn't sitting behind him trying to watch the film. :D
    Yes, but the sound would have been awesome! ;)
    :))
  • http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/spectre-director-sam-mendes-returning-833138

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER - Would you do another?

SAM MENDES -Well, the most of important thing is that you can only make this decision if people want you do it, but one thing I learned from the last one is that you’re in no fit state to make any decision about your career – or any form of creative involvement in Bond – until at least six months after you’ve finished. So I think it would be foolish of me at this stage to offer anything concrete.

In this interview Sam Mendes doesn't rule out directing another Bond! Maybe Craig and Mendes will come back for Bond 25!
    Very interesting. :)
    Maybe Sam is referring to DC and NOT himself with this as it's bourne out by DC's comments. He's really in no fit state and shouldn't be anywhere near clueless journos
  • andmcit wrote: »
    Maybe Sam is referring to DC and NOT himself with this as it's bourne out by DC's comments. He's really in no fit state and shouldn't be anywhere near clueless journos

No. Sam Mendes is referring to himself. The question asked to Sam Mendes is "would you do another one". Is answer clearly states that he hasn't ruled out doing another one but it would be foolish of him at this point after more than 2 years on SPECTRE to offer anything concrete. i think he will come back for Bond 25 if DC signs on for a 5th film. He clearly states in the answer that he can only make this decision if people (probably referring to DC BB MGW and the studio) would want him to do another one. On the red carpet last night BB clearly stated that she will do what ever it takes to keep DC and SM on board for the next film. So he doesn't have to worry there. He is obviously wanted back by the people in charge.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Cool, that's clearer thanks @nobodydoesitbetter

I really don't have any issues with all the assembled cast of SP returning SP#2
  • @andmcit
    why would C be a stretch? Maybe you might need to add a spoiler ?
    Good point! Wrong thread
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,160
    The Danish Gallapremiere tonight in Copenhagen. It was a blast!

tTgGxsP.jpg
    uQKchW9.jpg
    9wfhnoD.jpg
    1TTVLqZ.jpg
    JT1yzav.jpg
  • http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/spectre-director-sam-mendes-returning-833138

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER - Would you do another?

SAM MENDES -Well, the most of important thing is that you can only make this decision if people want you do it, but one thing I learned from the last one is that you’re in no fit state to make any decision about your career – or any form of creative involvement in Bond – until at least six months after you’ve finished. So I think it would be foolish of me at this stage to offer anything concrete.

In this interview Sam Mendes doesn't rule out directing another Bond! Maybe Craig and Mendes will come back for Bond 25!

Well this is very interesting as Mendes specifically said he wasn't doing another one after SPECTRE. Maybe there's been some sort of discussion in the meantime?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Mendes seems to be pretty good at learning from mistakes. If he does return which kinda hoping not but if he does I hope the development stage goes better. No Logan no P&W.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2015 Posts: 7,965
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Mendes seems to be pretty good at learning from mistakes. If he does return which kinda hoping not but if he does I hope the development stage goes better. No Logan no P&W.

I don't understand the logic in keep hiring P&W back. They've written one good script /:)
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I don't understand the logic in keep hiring P&W back. They've written one good script /:)

I don't either and I really don't get here with SP. Ok so Logan bombed which I knew he would but why hire P&W? A $300m script warranted a top notch writer.
  • If Mendes does come back for a 3rd film I wonder if Jez Butterworth will take over screenwriting duties.
    If Mendes does come back for a 3rd film I wonder if Jez Butterworth will take over screenwriting duties.

I hope so
    I think its a 50/50 of another one with Mendes, If I had to guess I would say no but its possible. Probably will have a better idea once ive seen the movie
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    If one wants, one may find the gun barrel on a YouTube video. Enjoy, folks.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,548
    robcope wrote: »
    If one wants, one may find the gun barrel on a YouTube video. Enjoy, folks.

What strikes me is
    the music playing over the MGM and Columbia banners.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 2,115
    Germanlady wrote: »
    John Logan shouldn't have been there. He screwed it up, no? Cost them months to rewrite his crap. Sorry...

I suspect Logan was giving Mendes what he wanted. I'm not saying Logan was blameless, but there was no way he was solely responsible. Logan talked about how closely he was working with Mendes and Craig, etc.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40356

“Right now the first draft is almost done,” he told us. “I’m terrifically excited about it! I’ve been working very closely with Sam (Mendes), and it’s been joyous to pick up from our work on Skyfall and just continue on with the storytelling. The new movie continues the themes of Skyfall. Some of the characters and themes that we began to introduce in Skyfall will play out, I hope successfully, in the next movie.”

Asked if Daniel Craig would still be as involved in the writing process as he was in his previous films, Logan confirmed that, “Daniel’s very involved. It behoves no-one to write a character that the lead actor doesn’t want to play, so having worked so closely on Skyfall, I have my own sense of what I think Dan responds to, as does Sam, (and producers) Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson of course.”
    For fans of Father Ted:
    CSUvlTkXIAAT8_Q.jpg

:D

LOL. Wonderful stuff! I love Father Ted.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The Danish Gallapremiere tonight in Copenhagen. It was a blast!
    Glad you had a great time! Thanks for the photos and I hope you enjoyed the film ;)

I want see great photos with Seydoux and Christanten together :)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I found these on Lea's board from Instagram

12142538_439832852894372_1833172934_n.jpg

12107691_896016453823315_1477131538_n.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,493
    Daniel, Monica, Christoph and Sam at the Rome photo call at the Hotel St. Regis:

Daniel-Craig-376210.jpg

Daniel-Craig-376215.jpg

Daniel-Craig-376208.jpg

Daniel-Craig-376214.jpg

dsc_0411_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg
    leas_mole wrote: »

WOW! DC has aged quite a bit! LOL! I am not sure I want Jezz doing a full script by himself. Remember he was quoted as saying, I am paraphrasing 'bond should not be talking to anyone, he should shoot them' or something to that affect! so my answer is he can polish a script not totally write it!

I'd shoot too if I had to say P&W's dialogue lol.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mnhettia wrote: »

WOW! DC has aged quite a bit! LOL! I am not sure I want Jezz doing a full script by himself. Remember he was quoted as saying, I am paraphrasing 'bond should not be talking to anyone, he should shoot them' or something to that affect! so my answer is he can polish a script not totally write it!
    I believe it was "Bond doesn't talk to other men, he shoots other men".
    jake24 wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »

I believe it was "Bond doesn't talk to other men, he shoots other men".

Yeah! thanks @jake24 What does that even mean? he sounds ridiculous! we might get a TND2 if he writes the script!