Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

I like DC's swagger and the fact that the gun is there all in view is no biggie. It's just DC in his Bond not giving a sh!t mode and looks more natural and more importantly, more badass
  • chrisgallenchrisgallen Italy
    edited October 2015 Posts: 8
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    You know you can see it, but where on earth would you hide. You can't have it holstered.. that would take an hour to aim..

Great.. now I've got to go back and look at other GBs to see where they hid the gun :-?

It's simple .. You just have to walk not moving the right arm.
    Every actor did it correctly , DC himself ..
    I don't understand why they decided to show off the gun like this.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    km16 wrote: »
    Fitzochris wrote: »
    It seems quite an American tradition, whooping and hollering in a cinema. I don't mind a laugh if something is funny, but all that cheering and carry on when people are trying to listen is too much for me.

As an aside, people who can't go for two hours without stuffing their face with the noisiest of snacks, like grazing cattle, get to me, too.

I'm a grumpy sod.

And yet, that wasn't in an American cinema. Go figure.

Lol yes I know ...I wish I had seen that video before I responded to such a hateful biased post.

Btw I would love to be in an audience that enthusiastic.

Oh and quite like that GB ...Very powerful.

As someone who lives in the U.S. and tries to go see a movie at the cinema every weekend, I've only ever experienced what I'd call "active audiences" during horror movies (which makes it more fun in my opinion) and big event movies like the Avengers. That full-team shot in the 3rd act had the place erupt in applause.
    andmcit wrote: »
    I like DC's swagger and the fact that the gun is there all in view is no biggie. It's just DC in his Bond not giving a sh!t mode and looks more natural and more importantly, more badass

I tought the gunbarrel concept was : " Bond walks and fires all of sudden , to surprise the hitman beyond the barrel "

Maybe I was wrong.

Pajan005 wrote: »
    Someone posted this on Imdb. You think it's real? If it is, then it looks pretty good.
    12132816_170476496630922_639588932_n.jpg

Spoiler tagged it just in case

Here it is, in case you want to watch it:

https://scontent-vie1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t50.2886-16/10946798_1495756094058021_1511167070_n.mp4

i want to see DC in an immaculate white background rather than a poorly lighted stage which you can see the floor! ><
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,586
    The full version:
    And he doesn't do this in SP? I'll need to check it out again when I see it again on Friday :D

OK, if the gun being hidden is really important to the Bond canon, swinging the gun arm is a big faux pas, though I don't see it. Why can't Bond still be in a gun sight about to be cut down and has the awareness to shoot first? I think some things are being held onto too tightly and are unnecessarily precious
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    dire399 wrote: »
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    Someone posted this on Imdb. You think it's real? If it is, then it looks pretty good.
    12132816_170476496630922_639588932_n.jpg

Spoiler tagged it just in case

Here it is, in case you want to watch it:

https://scontent-vie1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t50.2886-16/10946798_1495756094058021_1511167070_n.mp4

i want to see DC in an immaculate white background rather than a poorly lighted stage which you can see the floor! ><
    Isn't that all the gun barrels?
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I'll be avoiding watching the full sequence until Nov 5 but I couldn't resist at least seeing a still of it. It looks great and I can't wait to see it on the big screen. It's been 13 years too long, even though it's not perfect (although the DAD one wasn't perfect either).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Swinging gun.. too dark bla blah blahhhh STILL glad at start of film :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,586
    The dead are alive, a.k.a. Los meurtos vivos estan - could this be symbolic of Judi Dench's M?
    And he doesn't do this in SP? I'll need to check it out again when I see it again on Friday :D

OK, if the gun being hidden is really important to the Bond canon, swinging the gun arm is a big faux pas, though I don't see it. Why can't Bond still be in a gun sight about to be cut down and has the awareness to shoot first? I think some things are being held onto too tightly and are unnecessarily precious

Well , If everyone (including Simmons) has hidden the gun , There must be a reason
    Despite this small error , The gunbarrel looks great
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    This talk about swinging gun brought a silly question to my mind. What will happen to the gunbarrel if a Bond actor is left-handed? Will it be filmed with him walking in the opposite direction (from left to right), or will it stay the same with him just jerking his left hand upward before he shoots?

Or another politically controversial question: can Bond be left-handed?
    :runs for cover: X_X
    edited October 2015 Posts: 8
    This talk about swinging gun brought a silly question to my mind. What will happen to the gunbarrel if a Bond actor is left-handed? Will it be filmed with him walking in the opposite direction (from left to right), or will it stay the same with him just jerking his left hand upward before he shoots?

Maybe he could pull out the gun from the holster on his right side and fire :)
    I can't tell you better than this , I'm not english
    Hope you can figure out what i mean :)
  • I haven't seen the movie yet and I can understand why some of you guys don't like the static gun barrel, or the fact that the barrel itself doesn't move left and right as the blood trickles down. But I LOVE IT!!!! FROM THE MUSIC, THE WALK, THE POSE, EVERYTHING!!! Good for me I guess lol. Can't please everyone!

Hmmmm, I didn't realise you need to be English to be left handed? :-?

It's actually a good question. A good 00 agent would be ambidextrous wouldn't he to maximise his fighting abilities?
  • And I also think that was his best gun barrel pose ever!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I know I said I be gone, but screw that! I have no willpower. Anyway, I love the gunbarrel.

Hmmmm, I didn't realise you need to be English to be left handed? :-?

It's actually a good question. A good 00 agent would be ambidextrous wouldn't he to maximise his fighting abilities?

Sorry , I wanted to say " I'm not english .. I'm Italian.. I can have some difficult to speak correctly " :)
    Don't worry @chrisgallen, I'm not remotely trying to ridicule your comment - I simply read its context awry. My Italian is simply non existent so I'd have no hope of communicating on an Italian web forum.
    Don't worry @chrisgallen, I'm not remotely trying to ridicule your comment - I simply read its context awry. My Italian is simply non existent so I'd have no hope of communicating on an Italian web forum.

No problem , It sounds nerdy.. but I asked myself if Bond would be left handed too :)
    I'm a big fan of the gunbarrel sequence , I have a youtube channel with only gunbarrels.. probably someone has shared them in this topic :)
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 870
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My attempt to get the gunbarrel look right.
    2ezfIQ3.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    My attempt to get the gunbarrel look right.
    2ezfIQ3.png
    That's fascinating, sir!
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    19aHbAN.jpg
    PZOWV73.jpg
    WA0gp9l.jpg

This gunbarrel design is...ehh....wetting my pants :-)!?!? It is af if the late Maurice Binder sat on a cloud in the high heavens. And then he arrived to Daniel Kleinman in a vision, and he said: "Use MY design that I used until "Licence To Kill", OK??". Some mild changes with the blood dripping. But in all honesty? THIS is the best gunbarrel design since Maurice Binder passed away. And I like it even more than the Brosnan-barrels.
    To me, it feels like a screencapture of the Brosnan gunbarrel without any effort being put to it. Not that I'm complaining. It's just... they didn't get it right with all the advanced technology in their hands than what they've had 25 years ago. Still, I'm glad it has set the records straight, again.
    What do you think of DC's pose? The much discussed Tom Ford tight suit probably accentuates the knee bent shot stance. I love it!!
    To me, it feels like a screencapture of the Brosnan gunbarrel without any effort being put to it. Not that I'm complaining. It's just... they didn't get it right with all the advanced technology in their hands than what they've had 25 years ago. Still, I'm glad it has set the records straight, again.

What I really like, is the disappearance of this 'weird movement' of the inside of the barrel...not actually sticking to the actual opening in which you can see the Bond actor. It was a new Daniel Kleinman feature, which I never really liked.

Also, with this Craig-gunbarrel (and all the Binder-gunbarrels from 1962 till 1989) it slowly zooms out from right to left, just after the flickering dots. With the Brosnan barrel, the flickering dots moved entirely out of the screen from left to right. And then 'suddenly' there was this way too huge circle. Not how Binder did it.

8hVXcrQ.jpg
    2ZuwUMw.jpg

Because it made sense. We aren't in the 20th century anymore and our technology is more advanced to be more convincing in the display of things. Brosnan's inside animation barrel was a reflection of the outer world that spilled light on the metal-plated rounded barrel while keeping in touch with the original Bond formula. Quantum of Solace and Skyfall kept the reflection thing but changed the barrel design, which was the downer. With Spectre, they switched on a light but switched off another, which is also a downer. Why not keep both the lights on? And also, Brosnan's gunbarrel not zooming into the dots made sense, because with a whole background that hasn't come to its full circle, a dot becoming bigger at the edge of the screen wouldn't have seemed right, which was also where the 22nd and the 23rd faulted.
    Personally I was happy to see the gunbarrel back at the start. Looked pretty good. Hoping it looks even better next time.

Like the titles a lot. Nicely camp and OTT.