Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Should have used John Barry music.

I originally used the gunbarrel theme from The Living Daylights on there but it didn't seem to fit in as well. I might post that version later.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    That's actually my favorite take by Barry!
    Nothing beats the Goldfinger GB.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, essentially, From Russia With Love and Goldfinger gunbarrels are the same. Or am I wrong?
    They're different. FRWL is its own piece while GF is a new cue that also transitions into the PTS music.
    Here's a fixed version of the one I posted earlier.

And here's the one featuring John Barry's gunbarrel theme from The Living Daylights.

• SMC514SMC514 Station C
    edited October 2015 Posts: 14
    Just saw some low quality screenshots of the gun barrel on Instagram. I love the design and the new pose!!! Can't wait to see it on the big screen! I would share them if I could find a way to. I don't really know how to post pictures from my hard drive :D
  • SMC514 wrote: »
    Just got some low quality screenshots of the gunbarrel. I love the design and the pose!!! Can't wait to see it on the big screen!
    IMG_1933.PNG

Image doesn't display?
  • SMC514SMC514 Station C
    Nah unfortunately not @Fitzochris. But judging by the multiple screens I've seen of it, it truly is the "Maurice Binder" design, but much cleaner whilst retaining the greyish shade of the early films. The new pose is similar to Skyfall's with Daniel sticking his arm out, but it seems to be more natural and aggressive this time. It reminds me of Dalton's pose for some reason too.

• SMC514SMC514 Station C
    edited October 2015 Posts: 14
    I'm going to try to look for a video too, so we can hear the music! :D

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 870
    Here it is:
    12093308_1037467652963292_1358120608_n.jpg
    That's not a link to a page, that's your desktop.
  • Here it is:

Looks good design wise. That blood is falling at a rate of knots, though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Reminds me of a 50's movie poster. :-bd
    Here it is:

So... kinda precisely what the SF one should've looked like. Better late than never.

• SMC514SMC514 Station C
    I'm kinda disappointed with the blood… Seems like it runs down real fast like in SF and QoS.

I know @MakeshiftPython. My bad :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Love the pose! We can officially say Bond is back!
    The barrel....
    I was really surprised by the classic-style static animation (the reflection doesn't move) - I think the Brosnan-esque animation would've made this perfect.
    And that cue.......damn, this was the big BOND IS BACK moment, everyone started cheering. Newman starts with the Arnold-style build-up over the studio logos, then the classic DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN over black, then the second type of barrel (chord buoid-up with the triangle - or however you refer to it - du-du-dudu - end after the shot) cue over the actual dots and barrel
    One more, before the blood:
    12132816_170476496630922_639588932_n.jpg
  • antovolk wrote: »
    The barrel....
    I was really surprised by the classic-style static animation (the reflection doesn't move) - I think the Brosnan-esque animation would've made this perfect.
    And that cue.......damn, this was the big BOND IS BACK moment, everyone started cheering. Newman starts with the Arnold-style build-up over the studio logos, then the classic DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN over black, then the second type of barrel (chord buoid-up with the triangle - or however you refer to it - du-du-dudu - end after the shot) cue over the actual dots and barrel
    So not at all like the classic Gunbarrel score and basically like Skyfall's?
    Happy to have the static image TBH.
    FourDot wrote: »
    Here it is:

So... kinda precisely what the SF one should've looked like. Better late than never.
    And what QOS should have looked like.

And CR.
    Fitzochris wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    The barrel....
    So not at all like the classic Gunbarrel score and basically like Skyfall's?
    not at all like Skyfall's. This is a combination of the two types of classic gunbarrel cue
  • I'll see it for myself at 10am tomorrow. Really hope it isn't just like the Skyfall Gunbarrel sequence in terms of speed, score and clumsiness.
    Just glad its back where it belongs at long last, lets keep it there.
    I love the still pictures of the gunbarrel. Cant wait to see it play out in the movie. Less than 2 weeks!!!!
    The gunbarrel looks great.
    FourDot wrote: »
    Here it is:

And what QOS should have looked like.

And CR.

I've got less of an issue with CR's as it's possibly a better visual blend with the title sequence, and the title sequence itself is my second-favourite in the series. So I let that slide.

With QoS...yeah. I didn't mind MK12 having an attempt at doing it themselves but you have to respect the iconography. No idea what Kleinman was doing for SF, though.
    Shot of the opening titles:
    12106135_121858634840286_866325970_n.jpg
  • Can't say I was a fan of the gunbarrel. The design was nice but I didn't like the lack of animation like in the Brosnan era. Also didn't like how the - while fantastic music - wasn't in sync like it should be. The du du duuun bit (the extent of my musical knowledge) should come in with the white dots.