No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    There are plenty of other higher calibre directors that can do Bond justice.

That's another plus from Mendes.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    I'm still championing Alfonso Cuaron to direct a Bond film.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm still championing Alfonso Cuaron to direct a Bond film.

Good choice ...didn't he express an interest at one point?

I remember Peter Jackson was a candidate for TWINE.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Danny Boyle -worked with Harris in 24 Hours later and Craig for the Olympics. Oscar winner. Story teller. Great with the humour aspect in his films.
  • Danny Boyle -worked with Harris in 24 Hours later and Craig for the Olympics. Oscar winner. Story teller. Great with the humour aspect in his films.

...and specifically said he didn't want to make a James Bond film.
  • Dennis Villeneuve! He himself has expressed interest as well.
    Dennis Villeneuve! He himself has expressed interest as well.

That's who I was trying to remember.

• I said Denis Villeneuve on the previous page >:P
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Villeneuve hasn't failed to impress me yet. He could also deliver an excellent, modern Bond film. He manages to bring great atmosphere to his films, like Fincher.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    I said Denis Villeneuve on the previous page >:P

Yes you did ...sorry

:D
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    I said Denis Villeneuve on the previous page >:P

Yes you did ...sorry

:D

Nah it's all good. Here's his quote about Bond anyway:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sicario-Director-Wants-Do-James-Bond-Movie-Which-Needs-Happen-Immediately-85457.html
    Kermode is a big fan of DV (as am I) , good enough for me,
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Dennis Villeneuve! He himself has expressed interest as well.
    Not sure if he'd be comfortable with the scope of a Bond film. Most of his movies have been relatively small, no? He's a fantastic choice though, Prisoners and Sicario are among my favourites of films.
    Spielberg would be a good choice IMO. Im almolst certain Nolan is going to do one eventully.
    EON has never hired an American director but it doesn't mean they won't. Quite a few have been considered including Speilberg. I know Sturart Baird and Brett Ratner were considered for DAD.

Obviously those aren't the best example but I believe an American will be hired for one in the future
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,015
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    There are plenty of other higher calibre directors that can do Bond justice.

And quite a few moviemakers who can stay behind "cinematographic Bond" and let him be at the center of the stage. The director of "Green Lantern" made a masterpiece when he was behind Bond.

Now, let's talk about the stories...
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Spielberg would be a good choice IMO. Im almolst certain Nolan is going to do one eventully.

I reckon Spielberg and the next Indiana Jones would see him tied up. Nolan has already announced his next project is in the works for a 2016 filming and 2017 release. That might rule him out.

I think it will be Edward Zwick who directed Last Samurai, Blood Diamond and Daniel Craig in Defiance. Action, Story, tension and drama guy could do a fine job.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    All good films listed above from Edward Zwick.
    Isn't Zwick working on Jack Reacher 2 meaning he will more then likely be the director for MI6
    Sadly Defiance with DC was lacking. Everything I loved about Samurai fell sorta short.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Peter Weir http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001837/

Work before with production Designer Dennis Gassner (QOS, Skyfall and Spectre) on The Truman Show. Gassner start with QOS and then working on Skyfall and Spectre with Sam Mendes, with Mendes Gassner work before on The Road to Perdition.

Work with Lee Smith (Editor of Spectre) on The Truman Show, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and The Way Back. This time it whas Lee Smith who on previous Bond movie (Specte). MGM (Weinstein Brothers) already work with him as producers of Master and Commander.

With The Truman show he make human elements movie. John Logan wil not return and then Weir replace him. Weir also work as writer on his movies.

The Way Back cinematopgraphy look like a bit on QOS and Master And Commander on Skyfall.

Mark Strong be remourd for Bond 24, but mabey he been cast for Bond 25. He play a part in The Way Back.

Remours Daniel Craig whant Australia as Bond location, Weir is Australian. Also producers like idea if story fit/can find original location http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11720&t=mi6&s=news

Russell Boyd http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006570 wil be DOP who work with Weir on Master and Commander and The Way Back. In 1984 Boyd working as cinematopgrahper on ''A Soldier's Story'', a Columbia Tristar (Sony) movie who photography look like a bit on Jarhead, LALD, LTK, and CR. This year wil work on Holt, a spy movie.

I stil have some doubt about Lee Smith as editor because of TDK, but X-men first class were he be second editor (The first editor working on Mi5, whlye Smith work on Spectre.) has some very Bond stylish (Remember me moost to Tomorrow Never Dies and mabey also from tv serie The Last Ship pacing. Of course it be dificult to say or this be Smith his work or the other editor. So i hope his edit/pacing will look like more on X-men First class then TDK.

Bond 25:

Directer: Peter Weir
    Writers: Peter Weir, Jez Butterworth (& Neal Pervis & Robert Wade)
    Producers: Barbara Broccoli & Michael G Wilson
    Editor: Lee Smith
    Production Designer: Dennis Gassner
    Cinematopgraphy aka Directer of Photopgraphy: Russell Boyd
    2th United Directer: Alexander Witt (Prefer a replacement..)
    Titlesong: Prefer a group... Or Elton John, Adele.
    Cast members who return: Daniel Craig, Jeffrey Wright, Olga Kurylenko, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Wishaw, Naomi Harris (Rory Kinnear, Tobias Menzies, Tim Pigott-Smith, David Harbour, Paul Ritter, Andrew Scott/Mathieu Amalric, Santos Varas Ramos.)

If Sam Mendes return for Bond 25, mabey there can consider Peter Weir to replace John Logan as writer and then ask him for Bond 26.

I am also a bit curious what Denis Villeneuve wil make from it, also if this mean Roger Deakens returns.. Also he be friend with Chiwetel Ejiofor (remoured for Spectre).
    Their gonna have to try someone new sooner or later. Mendes isnt going to do every film from now on.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I love Daniel. AND, just a moment ago I came across this article. Apparently Dutch newspaper had a quick chat last Monday on the red carpet with Daniel Craig. Watch the video embedded in the article down below (when Craig speaks it's in English). Daniel Craig said this:
    "I mean, I've just been allowed to be creatively involved with these films from the very beginning....and I will continue to do with this."

Here you have it! It's by no means a confirmation that Daniel Craig will return as agent 007. BUT, I think we need to take his co-producer credits more serious here. Even if Craig quits after "SPECTRE", then he might well continue working on the Bond films from behind the scenes. This is an important news item.
    I love Daniel. AND, just a moment ago I came across this article. Apparently Dutch newspaper had a quick chat last Monday on the red carpet with Daniel Craig. Watch the video embedded in the article down below (when Craig speaks it's in English). Daniel Craig said this:
    "I mean, I've just been allowed to be creatively involved with these films from the very beginning....and I will continue to do with this."

Here you have it! It's by no means a confirmation that Daniel Craig will return as agent 007. BUT, I think we need to take his co-producer credits more serious here. Even if Craig quits after "SPECTRE", then he might well continue working on the Bond films from behind the scenes. This is an important news item.

I think that's why he was so pissed off with some interviews. He has put his all into these films. Strong acting performances, the stunts and injuries, the creative input into the script and production...and yet when he goes to promo the film he just gets asked about his successor!

Plus at the red carpet premiere didn't he say he loved playing James Bond?

Perhaps he's being a little coy about Bond 25. It is highly likely he'll be be back by popular demand.
    Cowley wrote: »

I think that's why he was so pissed off with some interviews. He has put his all into these films. Strong acting performances, the stunts and injuries, the creative input into the script and production...and yet when he goes to promo the film he just gets asked about his successor!

Plus at the red carpet premiere didn't he say he loved playing James Bond?

Perhaps he's being a little coy about Bond 25. It is highly likely he'll be be back by popular demand.

Completely agree. And Babs again said "We won't let him go!" when she was interviewed by David.
    Completely agree. And Babs again said "We won't let him go!" when she was interviewed by David.

She of all people should know it makes great business sense to retain him.

I don't agree with some people saying he looks tired in this. I think they're just interpreting this based on the 'slashed wrists' interview.

Craig is really on top form in this.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, he looked fine to me. I can see him doing a couple more. :)
  • RC7RC7
    yHagQW4.jpg

One of my photos of him on the red carpet. He looked in good shape and was on fine form.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig still has one, indubitably, under his belt. Sure, he can still do two more onward, but I am certain he will be back for the next one.
    Dan Craig is NOT tired looking. What a load of crap whoever said that. Apart from Connery no one has ever looked fitter for the role at his age and even Connery was starting to sag a little.